The Sapperwix Thread! (Do Not Report Bugs Here!)

Bug Report
Prev 1 2 3 4 10 Next
Not responding to bug statuses in this thread.
What's going on with the EU forums? They feel sooo neglected because they never get any maintenance threads and very very very little blue posts. Is this something you know about? Do you know why the blues over there are so anti social?
Well, not seeing many people here as well.

Compared with the beta maintaneance threads.
I know you said you aren't answering bug statuses, but by chance could we know IF we will see fixes for bugs that affect heroic madness of deathwing before close?
08/29/2012 04:00 PMPosted by Radiius
I know you said you aren't answering bug statuses, but by chance could we know IF we will see fixes for bugs that affect heroic madness of deathwing before close?

We are pushing out a lot of fixes, I can't promise ETAs though. There should be lists out soon.
Gotta say, thank you for being open!

Been seeing a lot of interesting and amusing (and a few uh...less than amusing) bugs, although I can't say I'll be unhappy to see the back of them. I'll try to remember to come back here if I find anything play-breaking!
[BUG] Glyph of Winged Vengeance

I believe there's a typo in the glyph's name and tooltip. I assume it should be:

Glyph of the Vengeful Butterfly
Tooltip: Your Avenging Wrath now grants you sparkly butterfly wings. This is especially useful in PvP, rendering many players helpless as they piss their pants laughing at how ridiculous your character looks.

But seriously, this new patch (not taking into consideration all the bugs and glitches at this point) is a lot of fun. I was really skeptical about the overhauls, but this time you guys really outdid yourselves. Of the classes and specs I play, the only real complaint I have is that retribution feels a bit clunky - kind of like it did prior to having the 2-set tier 13 bonus. I realize that holy power build up is much faster now and Sacred Shield is a pretty nice filler when everything else is on cooldown, but it still feels clunky sometimes.

What does everyone else enjoy most at this point?

-Zah
I was just really happy to have all my pets and mounts in one place. I've got 3 accounts and 4 85s and a couple dozen mid-level characters spread out among them. I was never a big collector because I could never focus on that sort of thing on a singular character, so this guy has the Blizzcon mount, that one has the collectors edition diablo, this one's got a bunch of cockroaches, etc etc. Now that they all go in to one pool (for the most part) I feel a lot more compelled to continue my humble collection.
08/30/2012 09:56 AMPosted by Sapperwix
I was just really happy to have all my pets and mounts in one place. I've got 3 accounts and 4 85s and a couple dozen mid-level characters spread out among them. I was never a big collector because I could never focus on that sort of thing on a singular character, so this guy has the Blizzcon mount, that one has the collectors edition diablo, this one's got a bunch of cockroaches, etc etc. Now that they all go in to one pool (for the most part) I feel a lot more compelled to continue my humble collection.

Yeah I have like 16 85s on my battle.net account (across 3-4 accounts), then I have a separate one I had originally made so my brother could play with me. think I have 4 or 5 on that. with like 10 mid level toons spread around and old characters I stopped playing after Classic/TBC had achievements I didnt wanna go back and get or couldn't get. So it was a very nice change, enjoyed having all my expensive mounts account wide and the pets were a minor bonus for me as I'm not a huge pet collector (Though my collectors edt. frosty is pretty bada**!)
I know you aren't posting about specific defect repairs, but could you at least acknowledge some of the threads as "this has been verified" and then add it to the "known issues" post? (or temporarily sticky the "main" threads for said defects). Also, might I suggest that you update the title of that sticky post of yours - it says "8/28" in the title even though you are updating it; that might mislead people into thinking that it has no new content since that day.

And I agree with you about the pets - its a great thing. Just in January I got the bug as a pet collector and mount collector, and was wondering how to manage the pets I had scattered between 2 accounts and different characters. This was a good solution.

Now if we can get the Achv I need fixed, I'll get another mount for my collection (but I dare not ride it into Wintergrasp even if there is not combat -- due to the no-warning dismount and no-parachute plummeting)

;-)
I don't know if there is any plan for this, but I would really like to see account wide secondary professions as well - obviously they would only unlock as alts hit certain levels, but seriously, I put in a lot of hours capping those professions on some of my characters. It's just a nuisance to have to mail this stuff to another character just to create whatever I want, mail it back.

-Zah
Hey Sapper,
Since I guess we are supposed to chat here now rather than the maintenance threads, is there a chance that the "known issues" thread could be updated? The title states that the last update was a month ago.
I want all Humanoid mobs to have pockets...
Hey Sapper,
Since I guess we are supposed to chat here now rather than the maintenance threads, is there a chance that the "known issues" thread could be updated? The title states that the last update was a month ago.

I'll try to have a large-scale comprehensive update early next week.
08/29/2012 01:21 PMPosted by Blisters
What's going on with the EU forums? They feel sooo neglected because they never get any maintenance threads and very very very little blue posts. Is this something you know about? Do you know why the blues over there are so anti social?

A simple "I have no idea what's going on over there" would suffice..
I am so happy that I no longer feel attached to one character and can finally play a class I enjoy. This is my 4th 85 now :D (been playing a little under 2 years).

Also great work with everything Sapper (though I am jealous of your Blizzcon pets you mentioned), keep up the awesome awesome work (you should get a raise).

;)
Would really really like to see more communication on the threads regarding bug's that actually affect and take away from gameplay. I'm seeing tons of reply's to the "butt's everywhere" threads, and you even replied to the players complaining about super sized illusionist's, but many threads regarding broken quests, broken instances, and broken professions, have been left with no communication.

I noticed Blizz has an internship program, what better mundane remedial task for these youngsters then to go down the forums 1 topic at a time and put up either "We are aware of this issue and are looking into it." or "This is working as intended."

If you guys need more employee's willing to work for minimum wage i humbly volunteer my services. I'm 25, have no college degree, have been un-employed for 3 month's, and live about 30-45 minutes away from your headquarters in Irvine.

I'm even willing to work from home if you guys would prefer to pay me on a per-post basis. Give me a nickle for every topic I reply too, and a case a Dr.Pepper a week, and I promise you a much happier, and less neglected feeling player base.

Whata ya say?
Hello everyone its feels good to talk to you~! I brought some cookies! :D

/pass cookies out to everyone

Sorry I haven't been on the forums or in WoW lately :( . I have gotten addicted to Diablo 3 :P Now excuse me I've got a monk to level up~! :D
Thanks, Sapper! Your threads have really added to the fun with beta! I'm hoping to kinda take my time with live and just enjoy the new stuff.

To the rest of the maintenance thread crew, thanks to all of you who were constructive and especially thanks for the cookies, milk, and pie!

One suggestion for future betas - please leave in game the ability to report peeps for abusive language and behavior. Some took advantage of the lack.
have to say - it's kinda amusing that the current live log-on message is about hot fixing Darkmoon Fair - haven't those been broken for all of beta?