Rank the top twenty starting quarterbacks?

Movies, TV and Entertainment
1. Aaron Rodgers (I don't even have to have an explanation for this one.)
2. Tom Brady (for now, it will depend on his health for this year)
3. Drew Brees
4. Phillip River
5. Tony Romo (I don't care what people say about him, he's definately a top five quarterback. Sure, he hasn't had much success in the playoffs, but he's done so much for the Dallas Cowboys that people seem to have forgotten about).
6. Matt Schaub (This is another one that people might disagree with, but look at what he's done for the Houston Texans. It turns out that it wasn't even the offensive line, it was Matt Schaub, otherwise they wouldn't have been down to T.J. Yates).
7. Peyton Manning (he hasn't been the same every since the injury, but he should still have some talent left).
8. Matthew Stafford
9. Ben Roethlisberger
10. Eli Manning (he's not a top five quarterback, but he certainly deserves to have a mention as a top ten quarterback. He's too inconsistent to be a top five quarterback, even if he has won two superbowls).
11. Michael Vick
12. Matthew Ryan
13. Cam Newton (he's a rookie, so I won't put him in the top ten yet. He's real good and talented to say the least).
14. Joe Flacco (while he doesn't have Tom Brady statistics at all, he can at least get the job done for the Baltimore Ravens. He's extremely impressive to watch as well.)
15. Jay Cutler
16. Andy Dalton
17. Ryan Fitzpatrick
18. Alex Smith (while I don't agree with most of the hype, he did play pretty well last year).
19. Carson Palmer
20. Joshua Freeman (Quit blaming him for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers disaster last year. He might have gone 16-22, but where was the protection in the majority of the plays? He's proven in the past that he's good.)
Tom Brady's still playing?

But yea, Aaron Rodgers is insanely good. which is sad because Green Bay has had a "Good Season" since the first Super Bowl. Having fun in the machine, Aaron?

Also, I really cant believe you put Romo in the top 5. He may be good, but he's with Dallas. He must be cleansed
08/26/2012 11:00 PMPosted by Evilmiget
Also, I really cant believe you put Romo in the top 5. He may be good, but he's with Dallas. He must be cleansed

Really should swap Romo and E. Manning.

You say "So he's won two superbowls", but I counter with two Super Bowl Rings.

Those Rings are ALL. THAT. MATTERS.

(I don't even like the Giants, nor E. Manning (Charger fan. Obvious reason to not like him, yeah?))

Really should swap Romo and E. Manning.

You say "So he's won two superbowls", but I counter with two Super Bowl Rings.

Those Rings are ALL. THAT. MATTERS.

(I don't even like the Giants, nor E. Manning (Charger fan. Obvious reason to not like him, yeah?))

Eli Manning does have decent playoff statistics, but his statistics in the regular season aren't all that good compared to Tony Romo's. Playoffs are something that I took into count with these rankings, but that wasn't even close to the main thing. You can't measure a quarterback just off of the superbowl wins, because then quarterbacks like Warren Moon would look bad. In case you don't even remember Warren Moon, he was a hall of fame quarterback, and did he ever win a game in the divisional round of the playoffs? I'm afraid that he didn't, and I'd still say that he's an exceptional quarterback. There are a bunch of other people who would agree with me on this as well before you ask.

Now am I saying that Warren Moon was better than Eli Manning? No I'm not, in fact, I think that Eli Manning might even be better than Warren Moon, but my point is that you can't compare quarterbacks based off of their superbowl wins. Sure, Eli Manning has thrown for more yards, but Tony Romo is better at completing passes than Eli Manning is. Plus, Eli Manning throws more interceptions than Tony Romo does, even if Eli Manning throws more touchdowns. Okay, maybe you can't really determine who's better out of the two at the moment since they both have their obvious pros and cons to them, but it's unfair to say that Eli Manning is better just because of the fact that Eli Manning has two superbowl rings while Tony Romo has none.

I'm not a fan of the Dallas Cowboys at all, but I personally think that Tony Romo has proven in the regular season that he might even be better than Eli Manning. I have nothing against either quarterback, and I will say right now that Eli Manning is a real good quarterback. Now, lets not turn this thread into a huge Tony Romo versus Eli Manning argument here.
Tom Brady's still playing?

But yea, Aaron Rodgers is insanely good. which is sad because Green Bay has had a "Good Season" since the first Super Bowl. Having fun in the machine, Aaron?

Since I don't want to turn this into another Tony Romo versus Eli Manning thread, I won't respond to your comment about that. About Aaron Rodgers though, it will be interesting to see what his former back up Matt Flynn will do as a back up behind Russell Wilson on the Seattle Seahawks. I mean, I'm not ready to judge him yet, and I'm expecting Pete Carol to put Matt Flynn is in if Russell Wilson gets injured.

Edit: It was related to Aaron Rodgers at the very least, and I do want Russell Wilson to do better I will admit since he is fun to watch.
Well, the fact the Matt Flynn broke records held by superstar Green Bay quarterbacks IN ONE GAME, I'd say that he's definately something to factor in this year.

Plus, I believe he's a free agent, and went somewhere else.

Anyways, back to the Romo topic. You can have your own opinion. But since im a 49er's fan, I'll never admit Romo being any good, even if he is. I know a lot of people wouldnt do it either, since the Cowboys are such a hated team.

Just out of curiosity, Danget. What's your favroite team(s)?
Well, the fact the Matt Flynn broke records held by superstar Green Bay quarterbacks IN ONE GAME, I'd say that he's definately something to factor in this year.

Plus, I believe he's a free agent, and went somewhere else.

Anyways, back to the Romo topic. You can have your own opinion. But since im a 49er's fan, I'll never admit Romo being any good, even if he is. I know a lot of people wouldnt do it either, since the Cowboys are such a hated team.

Just out of curiosity, Danget. What's your favroite team(s)?

I'm actually a St. Louis Rams fan believe it or not, which is interesting since I have an opinion on Tony Romo and on Eli Manning. I still remember when we beat the San Francisco 49ers 25-17 when Sam Bradford played, that was my favorite game of the season.

Edit: We haven't played the San Francisco 49ers with Sam Bradford since then due to his injury last year. It really sucked being down to Kellen Clemens in our final games of the season. A.J. Freeley wasn't that much better either.
I would so much rather have Kyle Orton as a back up. While he's not the best, he's at least stable enough to play well for two or three games.
Brett Favre

jk

(although if we're talkin all time...)
Brees>Brady>Rodgers>Peyton>Stafford>rest>cutler
I don't watch Football...or any sport for that matter so.
1. Worgen Freeman.
2. Thrall.
3. Garrosh.
4. Varian.
5. Rexxar.
6. Broxigar.
7. Velen.
8. Basic Campfire.
9. Banshee Queen.
10. Arthas.
11. Nez'gul.
12. Gul'dan.
13. Rend.
14. Rageface.
15. Ragnaros.
16. Blackwing.
16. Onyxia.
17. Yogg-saron.
18. C'thun.
19. Faceless Watcher.
20. Bob.
Drew Brees passes for more yards with with more accuracy than Aaron or Tom.

But yeah, they're totally better than him.
It's Drew, then Tom, THEN Aaron.

Anything else is fanboism and that's it.

I pretty much stopped reading your opinions when you said Romo was a top 5 QB.
Get real.

Why doesn't anybody want to give Tony Romo any credit for what he's done? I don't want to compare him to Tom Brady at all, but actually has some statistics that are better than his. A 96.9 quarterback rating is quite impressive as well, and he has a high completion rate of 64.5%. Sure, he hasn't done much in the playoffs, but he's extremely impressive in the regular season. Eli Manning is the better quarterback in the playoffs, and Tony Romo is the better quarterback in the regular season.

Edit: I'm not saying that Tony Romo is better than Tom Brady before you make a comment.
or you pick the two greatest of all time.

Joe Montana (49ers) and Terry Bradshaw (Steelers).

You played them, it was almost guarenteed to be high-scoring or loss. Too bad they're from the 70's and 80's

You played them, it was almost guarenteed to be high-scoring or loss. Too bad they're from the 70's and 80's

I'm talking about the current day quarterbacks though, otherwise they would be above Aaron Rodgers even. Joe Montana is one of the best (if not the best, lets not get into a huge argument here about this. I've seen these types of arguments turn into forum ramages) quarterbacks of all time, so he would obviously be put at number one. This reminds me, it sucks that his close Wide Receiver Freddie Solomon died. Even if it is a bit early to compare Aaron Rodgers with Joe Montana (this is if they will ever be comparable), I must say that Aaron Rodgers does remind me of Joe Montana.

Terry Bradshaw best of all time? are you !@#$ing kidding me? Is this a joke? He was constantly made fun of because he couldn't read defenses, he won 4 superbowls because of his amazing team...
on 20. when the protection is in there the majority of play's then even the curtis painter's,a.j feeley's and ray lucas's can look like joe montana. don't believe me? just ask the dolphins.

that's not so much a knock on freeman as i thought he played well his first year as starter.

Terry Bradshaw best of all time? are you !@#$ing kidding me? Is this a joke? He was constantly made fun of because he couldn't read defenses, he won 4 superbowls because of his amazing team...

Ben Roethlisberger is probably better than him, people need to quit measuring the quarterbacks based off of how many superbowls they win.

on 20. when the protection is in there the majority of play's then even the curtis painter's,a.j feeley's and ray lucas's can look like joe montana. don't believe me? just ask the dolphins.

that's not so much a knock on freeman as i thought he played well his first year as starter.

Please don't make me laugh with the comparison.

Please don't make me laugh with the comparison.
you must not have seen tampa's first pre-season game. i think painter was perfect in his 2 or 3 series from a completion standpoint due to the time he had in the pocket. now go back to his play at indy where he had pretty much no time at all.

wasn't really comparing those chumps to freeman as much as making a point that with a good o-line anyone can have a decent season.

other than tony romo(which i feel 5 is a little too high for him)look at the other top 10-12 qb's on your list and tell me they didn't get very good o-line play most of the time.