Update issue Error code BLZPTS00007!

Technical Support
Prev 1 2 3 4 14 Next
On a side note, this same exact error is happening in D3 as well with it's latest patch. The only thing that I saw that was confirmed to fix the issue, was a re-install of windows. But I refuse to believe that I need to re-install windows, just to update my client to the latest patch. Never in the history of gaming, have I needed to go to those extremes, I damn sure am not going to start now.
Blzpts00007 uninstalled and tryed to re install it and the same !@#$ ....
08/28/2012 12:33 PMPosted by Mcgruf
On a side note, this same exact error is happening in D3 as well with it's latest patch. The only thing that I saw that was confirmed to fix the issue, was a re-install of windows. But I refuse to believe that I need to re-install windows, just to update my client to the latest patch. Never in the history of gaming, have I needed to go to those extremes, I damn sure am not going to start now.

I am more likely to find another game to enjoy and demand a refund on my MOP pre-order if that is the only solution Blizz is able to offer to issues with their game patches.
Delete your C:\ProgramData\Battle.net folder

This is a Hidden Folder, so you will have to turn on "Show Hidden Files and Folders" in Windows

I just deleted mine and it forced a redownload of Agent.exe (the main launcher process)

This bug happened for both Diablo 3 and the MoP beta

After you delete this folder, Right click your launcher and RUN AS ADMIN
anyone able to fix this?
Do not uninstall/delete WoW hoping to reinstall to remove error. I did so after trying seemingly everything else. Downloaded World-of-Warcraft-Setup-enUS.exe to run into same agent error with or without firewall, running as Admin. <sigh>

This is a Hidden Folder, so you will have to turn on "Show Hidden Files and Folders" in Windows

I just deleted mine and it forced a redownload of Agent.exe (the main launcher process)

This seems to be working for me. It actually got through the file updates and is on to the optimization download.
I tried everything and nothing was working for me, kept getting that error ... so I uninstalled the beta and ran it as admin, now my launcher is working ... hope it starts working for everyone =/
I just deleted the Beta and then started the launcher again!!!

IT WORKED!
yay !

Thanks for the suggestion, I've made mine visible, and am trying to delete it, but it says it's in use by another program. Currently nothing open - would you have to have the know-how to work with this? Thanks in advance...
You need to kill the agent.exe process in your task manager
Delete your C:\ProgramData\Battle.net folderThis is a Hidden Folder, so you will have to turn on "Show Hidden Files and Folders" in WindowsI just deleted mine and it forced a redownload of Agent.exe (the main launcher process)This bug happened for both Diablo 3 and the MoP betaAfter you delete this folder, Right click your launcher and RUN AS ADMIN

THIS IS THE FIX!!!!!!!!! WORKED ON ALL 4 OF MY PC'S IN MY HOUSE

would of been nice for the ppl at blizzard to have been the ones to fix this

Mad props Yousel ...maybe bilzzard should hire you lol...
08/28/2012 12:58 PMPosted by Yousel
You need to kill the agent.exe process in your task manager

That worked, thank you! And deleting the Program Data folder seems to be working as well! Thank you!

This worked.... Now for a long clean new install....
You guys....after countless tries and failed attempts from 'fixes' from the forums, I found that the dk from the earlier post was right. Go to your WoW folder and change every executable file (should be marked as 'application') to administrator mode by right clicking the files and checking the administrative rights boxes....dont know if this helped or not but i also changed each and every executable to compatability mode for windows xp also...Im running Windows 7. If its successful, it should start within 5 seconds of that freeze screen that you all get, if not, then I hope that your problem gets fixed and ill continue to do research on the subject to help you guys out a little better.
Yah under you taks manager you will see like 20 Agent processes or more ... you need to kill them all before you try to delete the Battle.net folder or it will stop u.. so kill all the agent 32 prosses then delete the Battle.net folder then run your wow launcher as a admin and it will work.
08/28/2012 01:07 PMPosted by Denn
Yah under you taks manager you will see like 20 Agent processes or more ... you need to kill them all before you try to delete the Battle.net folder or it will stop u.. so kill all the agent 32 prosses then delete the Battle.net folder then run your wow launcher as a admin and it will work.

Yes, there were a ridiculous amount. Easily 20 of them! lol