Random Mount Macro from Set in 5.0.4

UI and Macro
I'm using this macro to summon random mounts from a predefined set:

/run if not IsMounted() then local g,f={16,22,26,42,45,46,49,54,56},{2,14,28,34,58} local t= (IsControlKeyDown()) and g or (IsFlyableArea()) and f or g CallCompanion("MOUNT",t[random(#t)]) end
/dismount

The numbers are the positions of the mounts in my mount spellbook, which usually are listed alphabetically.

This works fine most times, but on occasion--seemingly after a long play session, maybe after a hearth or big zone change--the order of my mounts changes from alphabetical to by mount type. This changes the positions of the mounts and wrecks havoc on the macro--flying set is mixed up with ground ones, favorites not in the set, etc.

Reload doesn't seem to switch it back to alpha order, but switching toons and restarting WoW does.

Does anyone know why the order is switching, how to prevent it, or how to reset it in-game?

Not sure if it may matter, but this hasn't occurred on my main yet, who originally had all the mounts and had the macro in her set. But with mount sharing, I switched over the macro to my General list and used it on my alt.
It's a new system and entirely new mountbook. I'm not terribly surprised there are bugs and sorting issues due to account wide mount distribution.
Did you try reporting this on Bug Forum?
I haven't yet as I didn't want to double up posts, but will do so if it may help. Thanks!
The macro sorta works for me as it did before, and the order of my mounts don't change.
HOWEVER... No toon of mine can conjure up any mount they did not earn in the first place.

So... if I got the Twilight Drake on my hunter, and that drake is #42 in the list, the macro will skip that number for all of my other toons, and pic either #41 or #43.

I hope this info helps somebody to come up with another macro. :(

And with that said... BLIZZ you should seriously consider implementing a real UI for randomized mount-ups, now that you have this system in place. It's kinda become important.
I also have been having this problem. It seems to happen mostly after zone changes, especially entering/leaving instanced areas. Incredibly irritating when I intend to fly off of Dalaran and end up plummeting to Azeroth below.
how about swimming mount?

And with that said... BLIZZ you should seriously consider implementing a real UI for randomized mount-ups, now that you have this system in place. It's kinda become important.

agreed
also blizzard, it would be a lot easier for you to do it than someone who isn't paid by you...
but you could start with using the fact that all flying mounts say in the tooltip "this is a flying mount"...
differentiates

agreed

most players just mount the one they wants

I use this macro, seems to work fine for flying/ground not enough space to get swimming in so that may require an addon.

/run if not IsMounted() then local m,t,f="mount",{{},{}} for i=1,GetNumCompanions(m) do tinsert(t[bit.band(2,select(6,GetCompanionInfo(m,i)))==0 and 1 or 2],i) end f=IsFlyableArea() and 2 or 1 CallCompanion(m,t[f][random(#t[f])]) else Dismount() end
Looks pretty good, Bob, but gives me an occasional "You can't use that mount", I suspect because I have a tailor with flying carpets and an engineer with a helicopter. Any way to exclude those where appropriate within the 255 character limit?
RandomMountContinued on Curse Gaming seems to work great, going with that.
what i came up with is....
/userandom [nomod, nomounted] gm,gm,gm,...
/userandom [mod:shift, nomounted] fm,fm,fm,...
/use [mod:alt, swimming] sea turtle
/dismount

the problem being, i use up all the space to type.... >.>
other than that, and assuming you dont have a billion fav mounts, and you dont have the shift and alt version of the key you bind the macro to already bound.... it works great,

mine reads...

/userandom [nomod, nomounted] Swift White Steed, Striped Nightsaber, Swift White Hawkstrider, Acherus Deathcharger
/userandom [mod:shift, nomounted] Winged Steed of the Ebon Blade
/ues [mod:alt, swimming] sea turtle
/dismount [mounted]

uses 233/255

this can be cleaned and shortened to ...

/userandom [nomod, nomounted] Striped Nightsaber, Swift White Steed, Swift White Hawkstrider;[mod:shift, nomounted] Ebon Gryphon;[mod:ctrl, swimming] sea turtle
/dismount [mounted]

or...

/userandom [nomod, nomounted] GM, GM, GM, GM;[mod:shift, nomounted] FM, FM, FM, ;[mod:ctrl, swimming] SM, SM, SM
/dismount [mounted]
Have you guys looked into GoGoMount ?

It has all of the features your looking for, is on Curse, and allows you to eliminate certain mounts you would rather not mount aka Celestial Horse, Bronze Drake ect..

Has a global favorites, zone favorites.

I've been using it for years and they tend to keep it updated quite frequently.
There is some sort of bug in the current version of WoW that can cause your mount list to get out of order when crossing certain zones, and this will cause macros like this to break like you're seeing. Seems to be reproduceable by zoning into Zangarmarsh.
I posted to this thread and the post disappeared. Wth Blizzard?
Have you guys looked into GoGoMount ?

It has all of the features your looking for, is on Curse, and allows you to eliminate certain mounts you would rather not mount aka Celestial Horse, Bronze Drake ect..

Has a global favorites, zone favorites.

I've been using it for years and they tend to keep it updated quite frequently.

GoGoMount has its bugs...

One, it causes a huge FPS drop whenever you mount up unless you have a pretty freaking strong computer.

Two, it refuses to use the Sea Turtle or Subdued Seahorse (Poseidus) when swimming.

Three, it randomly chooses to forget your global favorites settings.

Four, it will only mount Venomhide Ravasaur or the Winterspring Frostsaber on Lv20ish Pandaren (depending if you're Horde or Alliance) unless you tell it to do otherwise.

Five, I don't get why they can't give us a GLOBAL preference that is TRULY GLOBAL so I don't have to set it on all 22 of my characters.
10/06/2012 02:18 AMPosted by Aarkan
How do I make it so I randomly summon between like, 1 of 3 different mounts?

If you are referring to GoGoMount, go into Interface -> Addons -> GoGoMount -> Global Favorites.

Click the checkboxes of the mounts you want it to call out.

But be warned: Sometimes it chooses to randomly clear these settings, AND, those settings only apply to that character.
For the people that wanted a water mount macro,

/run if IsMounted()then Dismount()else w={1}f={2,16}g={3,25}c=CallCompanion r=random m="MOUNT"c(m,w[r(#w)])c(m,f[r(#f)])c(m,g[r(#g)])end
/script UIErrorsFrame:Clear()

Also suffers from the order bug, but can be used for water mounts.