Account-wide Pets with Patch 5.0.4

General Discussion
Post Limit:
Prev 1 15 16 17 26 Next
Well they have been doing that for years... look at the hunter for instance, probably has been the most affected by arbitrary decisions that affected money and time. Some ideas were good others not.. but none were set up to be reimbursed.

Look at the following
Quiver>gone
Ammo>gone but also was unsellable... cant tell you the loss i took on the ammo I made
Food collected for pets> marginally annoying but also gone>

and the final nail which I like the idea just way to late in the game
Close range weapons gone> so explain to me why i spent those hours collecting BOE staffs excettera that I cant trade, use or sell worth a chit?

Ohh and the non cost but major change for everyone with a pet... removed aggressive as a mode.. so now we have occasionally dumb pets that don't react when they are targeted until we do..and go away when we do, which is unlike any of there GD NPC's....

And I can tell you sure as sht the hunters probably didn't ask for most of this.
Why not just not mess with a good thing? Why the merge in the first place. Sucks if you ask me, which I do believe the majority of the posters on here think too.
Ok I'm confused here on the pet thing. Which pets exactly are horde/alliance specific ? FOR EXAMPLE : If I have a white kitten on my horde toon & a black tabby on my alliance toon am I going to lose those ? The same question for pets that only horde/alliance they will now be only on the faction that can buy them ?
Ok I'm confused here on the pet thing. Which pets exactly are horde/alliance specific ? FOR EXAMPLE : If I have a white kitten on my horde toon & a black tabby on my alliance toon am I going to lose those ? The same question for pets that only horde/alliance they will now be only on the faction that can buy them ?

I answered this on the last post on the previous page.

The only faction specific pets are:
Moonkin Hatchling
Guild Page
Guild Herald
Argent Squire/Argent Gruntling

Those each have a version for their faction.
Tiggindy,
Alliance Balloon/Horde Balloon
should also be on that list.

Best bet is anything that can be learned by the other faction in game at this time is not faction specific.

Take for example:

Withers who for alliance is obtained through a quest. He can be bought through an NPC for Horde. This would not be a faction specific pet.

Black Kingsnake who can only be bought from the NPC by horde is not a BOP and can be sold to alliance characters for use. This would not be a faction specific pet.

Argent Squire is alliance only. Can only be bought by alliance and is BOP. it has a horde counter part Argent Gruntling which it will change to if you change faction of your character. Thus these is a faction specific pet.

If you look here: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/item/?classId=15&subClassId=2
The pets with the horde/alliance icons are more or less the faction specific pets.

Hope that helps.
08/27/2012 06:25 PMPosted by Tiggindy
In short: Supposing everything goes correctly, you will not lose out on having at least 1 of each pet you have available to whatever toon that can access them. Basically, you don't loose pets, just copies of same-name pets (after reaching limits).

I am losing pets.

The only question currently is whether I'm losing 1200+ or only 200ish.

You may be saying "sure, you have the pet on 10 different characters, and the characters will still have access to that pet, in fact, they'll have access to 3 of that pet", but the thing is, Blizzard shouldn't be taking anything away from what any individual character has done.

What they should have done is ONLY move the store, promotional and CE pets into the journal automatically. Every other pet should fill your inventory and mailbox and you then decide whether to put the pet in the journal or to sell it. But (you say) you've learned/used the pets so they should all be soulbound. Not so, there is a precedent for them not to be soulbound. When they first added the currently pet spellbook, all the pets that you'd previously used (that were taking up inventory space) were no longer soulbound. Alternately, even if they did all remain soulbound, you should be able to cage/remove pets from the journal for sale as normal and then replace them in the journal from the soulbound copies clogging your inventory/mailbox.

Either way, Blizzard shouldn't be arbitrarily taking stuff away from the players.

Losing pets? As in you want 5x Calico Cat and 7x Cockroach, etc? Cuz really, I don't. So long as each of my toons can get to the pets, I don't really care. The only time I may care to have more than one of the exact same pet, is if I'm training one for me and another for sale in AH. Even at that, 2x the exact same pet is enough for me. Like mentioned before, if you happen to have at least 1 of every pet available to the game, that count is still WAY under 500 currently.
08/27/2012 08:29 PMPosted by Caeland

I am losing pets.

The only question currently is whether I'm losing 1200+ or only 200ish.

You may be saying "sure, you have the pet on 10 different characters, and the characters will still have access to that pet, in fact, they'll have access to 3 of that pet", but the thing is, Blizzard shouldn't be taking anything away from what any individual character has done.

What they should have done is ONLY move the store, promotional and CE pets into the journal automatically. Every other pet should fill your inventory and mailbox and you then decide whether to put the pet in the journal or to sell it. But (you say) you've learned/used the pets so they should all be soulbound. Not so, there is a precedent for them not to be soulbound. When they first added the currently pet spellbook, all the pets that you'd previously used (that were taking up inventory space) were no longer soulbound. Alternately, even if they did all remain soulbound, you should be able to cage/remove pets from the journal for sale as normal and then replace them in the journal from the soulbound copies clogging your inventory/mailbox.

Either way, Blizzard shouldn't be arbitrarily taking stuff away from the players.

Losing pets? As in you want 5x Calico Cat and 7x Cockroach, etc? Cuz really, I don't. So long as each of my toons can get to the pets, I don't really care. The only time I may care to have more than one of the exact same pet, is if I'm training one for me and another for sale in AH. Even at that, 2x the exact same pet is enough for me. Like mentioned before, if you happen to have at least 1 of every pet available to the game, that count is still WAY under 500 currently.

Good for you, but some of us want all of our pets. Yes I want my 12 Calicos, my 4 Red Whelps, my 14 Leaping Hatchlings, my 6 Mininwings, ect ect. I never said I was going to train them all, but I want the choice of keeping them, or doing with them as I see fit.

When I heard we wouldn't be losing pets, I got happy because that meant I could take many of my extras that my friends wanted and give them the ones they wanted, I know my mother wants a red whelp, I wanted to give her my extra. Now with this, I don't have the forth one to give, albeit I have no issues giving her one of my spares as is, its still frustrating because I took the time to collect them and now I'm going to lose them.
08/27/2012 07:12 PMPosted by Kryptonson
Why not just not mess with a good thing? Why the merge in the first place. Sucks if you ask me, which I do believe the majority of the posters on here think too.

My guess is that anyone who either gets it and doesn't want to post to help clear things up, or they just don't care about this (or maybe just don't bother with forums) aren't going to post. So my rhetorical question, based on your statement, is how many people are there who do like this idea and haven't bothered to post? Just a thought.

Hah. Of course, on the flip side (and to your point) how many more people don't like this and haven't posted?
Say you have 4 orange tabby cats and 3 calico cats you will then have 3 orange tabbys and 3 calico its 3 of each type of cat not 3 cats in general

Good for you, but some of us want all of our pets. Yes I want my 12 Calicos, my 4 Red Whelps, my 14 Leaping Hatchlings, my 6 Mininwings, ect ect. I never said I was going to train them all, but I want the choice of keeping them, or doing with them as I see fit.

When I heard we wouldn't be losing pets, I got happy because that meant I could take many of my extras that my friends wanted and give them the ones they wanted, I know my mother wants a red whelp, I wanted to give her my extra. Now with this, I don't have the forth one to give, albeit I have no issues giving her one of my spares as is, its still frustrating because I took the time to collect them and now I'm going to lose them.

Interesting point. And I thought I was pet crazy. xD I just happened to focus all my collecting on only 1 toon.

Something that may help. I don't recall the exact words, but there was mention about allowing 1500 pets for a short while. If that's correct, then you can start packaging your pets as soon as possible. :) After all, if that number is correct, then that's an average of something like 7x each of every possible pet currently available. Not perfect for all cases, but still leaves room for gifting several pets.

Moonkin Hatchling
Guild Page
Guild Herald

....but why would the moonkin hatchling be on the list? Anyone can buy the lil fella in the Blizzard store.
Does the Scroll of Resurrection mount will also become available for all characters?

Moonkin Hatchling
Guild Page
Guild Herald

....but why would the moonkin hatchling be on the list? Anyone can buy the lil fella in the Blizzard store.

I'm a tad confused too. Maybe he splits into 2 pets? One for Ally and the other for Horde? (You would not have the antlered one available for Horde to show, and the horned one would not be available for Ally to show.) If not then maybe he just picks a side, depending on who you log into with him first.

Heh. Maybe someone already clarified and I'm just too lazy to scan over 16 pages of posts. xD

Getting late. I'll find out tomorrow.
I'm a bit confused more about the mount thing than the pets.

A few of my characters have, say, the albino drake mount. Will every character have the drake now since we're combining all the mounts? And, not all my chars have all the same mounts, so will everyone get the dragonhawk when I go over 100 mounts, or is that achieve being removed because we're combining mounts?

What about Stinky, the fawn, the celestial dragon achieve pets?

Sorry if this was addressed previously, I skimmed through the first five pages and didn't see this addressed...
This is to those who are wondering why have more then one of the same pet in the first place.

I am thinking it works like this; lets say you have 2 of the same pet and on your main character you level one to lets say level 10 but in order for your pet to reach level 10 u had to beat a pet trainer or clear some kind of challenge. Now lets say you take an alt and want to use the same pet but you cant because that toon has not passed the requirement to use level 10 pets. You will still have the duplicate to use. Now assuming it works like this i do not know i have not played beta. Also there is the possibility that one pet can only learn a set number of moves like say 5 but can only have 4 moves on the action bar at time, thus making it where if u have a duplicate that duplicate may know different moves. Again i have not played beta so i may be wrong, if there are no cases like this then yea i do not see a reason to have more then one of the same pet.

I'm a tad confused too. Maybe he splits into 2 pets? One for Ally and the other for Horde? (You would not have the antlered one available for Horde to show, and the horned one would not be available for Ally to show.) If not then maybe he just picks a side, depending on who you log into with him first.

Heh. Maybe someone already clarified and I'm just too lazy to scan over 16 pages of posts. xD

Getting late. I'll find out tomorrow.

There are two versions. A horde and an alliance.
Moonkin Hatchling Alliance. Moonkin Hatchling Horde.
Honestly, I don't undersand why the heck they are letting us have multiple copies of the same pet? It makes no sense to me. You only need one of each if everything is being made account-wide. :(
So on the mounts such as tundra mammoth that we have on more than 1 character will we be compensated for spending the 16k gold to buy it?
yay for forum bugs making me post in the wrong forum
I really feel bad that hunters won't have cool weapons to show off on their backs. Actually I HATE it. Every other class will have flashy weapons to show off except HUNTERS. SAD FACE. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE ..... At least give us a quiver to wear that would look awesome.