Account-wide Pets with Patch 5.0.4

General Discussion
Prev 1 19 20 21 26 Next
1. There will be a limit of 500 pets, per player, that can be carried going forward. Players will be allowed to go over the 500 pet cap during the 5.0.4 migration.The migration will not convert more than a total of 1500 pets for a player.Unique pets will be merged, so there will not be more than one unique pet on an account.

So I will only be able to have 500 pets TOTAL? 10 characters x 5 realms = only 10 pets per character???

This has to be one of the most inane and unclarified rule changes Blizzard has ever initiated.
Please do not '!@#-u-me' that what you are thinking when you "clarify" a rule is being understood...99% of us are NOT mind-readers. BE SPECIFIC IN YOUR EXPLANATIONS!!

I take it that this will limit a player to gaining the "Pet Achievements" and the reward pets that come with them (like LIL Stinker) to just one main character??
will any toon be able to take whatever pet he wants from the journal? Ex: if my Lock has Lil' KT while she is playing, can my Hunter also use Lil'KT when she plays? Will it be like in Kindergarten when you put your toys away at the end of the day? I don't think I much like this new pet system. I went out of my way to collect neat pets and I love most of them and now someone at Bliz gets to decide who gets what and what gets discarded.??? I have a singing sunflower...what happens to her?
Click on his icon and you can get all the info you need....
What I'm getting from this is that all the pets will be shared from a pet journal that all toons can see. So if you only have 1 of a pet, that means all of your toons can still use it. It seems that people are getting worked up about something they don't understand, unless theres something I'm not getting. I don't understand, though, if thats how its going to work, why you would need 3 of any pet.
We explored the Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor.

We waged war against the burning legion and killed Illidan.

We went north to destroy the scourge and the Lich King Arthas.

We saved the world of a powerful and insane dragon named Deathwing.

We are going to Pandaria, to explore the land, kill each other,
destroy our enemy and to protect our people.
08/24/2012 06:59 PMPosted by Dalent
Is this the Blizzard Store Moonkin Hatchling? Why does it go from being a dual-faction pet to an Alliance-only pet?

Actually it's never been cross faction. The Blizz Store Moonkin Hatchling looks different on Alliance than on Horde, so, although you still have the same pet, it's faction-unique.
Ahhhhh is this like BOA where it was only on that server not realy an account
08/28/2012 01:43 PMPosted by Pandoria
So I will only be able to have 500 pets TOTAL? 10 characters x 5 realms = only 10 pets per character???

Really? You missed the part about pets being account wide? It's in the title.

Imagine, if you will, something like the guild bank, but that bank is only accessible to your characters on a particular battle.net login. It doesn't matter what server your characters are on, or even if they're on separate wow licenses as long as they're under a single battle.net account. Now imagine that this bank only holds minipets. Now imagine that this bank that is accessible to all your characters has 500 slots.

Get the idea?
08/28/2012 01:52 PMPosted by Hakarar
Ahhhhh is this like BOA where it was only on that server not realy an account

No, it's actually account-wide, faction-wide, server-wide (depending on Ghostcrawler's listed exemptions)
BOA gear was to be account wide also but that did not work out . BOA Bind ON ACCOUNT
Blizzard at it's best... say one random post of crud about whatever does whatever, then ABSOLUTELY no follow up to let anyone know besides trial and error whats going to happen or happening with the community questions. Always such a high quality of supervision going on around these forums.. Anyway, if you have more than 500 pets across your entire account, Horde or Alliance you should probably just step outside and get some Vitamin D, seriously.

you don't quite get the account-wide thing. I currently have over 150 pets on my Horde Druid. Now, I'll have most of those (with cited exemptions) on all toons. With the upcoming pet battles, I'll be able to capture many, many more, buy some, earn some and Blizz Store some to make the total 500. It's account-wide... all your toons share the same pets (more or less).
lol get a drink , smoke something mellowing we will find out if and when the servers come up
why are servers still down? =/
Okay, well, most of my Angry Gnome has gone away, thanks to this post by Orylia:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6412213442

I'm not going to arbitrarily lose 1200+ of my pets.

OTOH, if the x3 limiter is in place, I also can't log in most of my toons prior to MoP launch because I won't be able to safely remove pets from the journal.

*sigh*

Is this the Blizzard Store Moonkin Hatchling? Why does it go from being a dual-faction pet to an Alliance-only pet?

There is a Horde one too.

I actually have a relatively similar question. What on earth is going to happen with the Gyphon Hatchling if you're a Horde player? Will you just not be able to use it now? That would be a waste, imho.
08/28/2012 02:02 PMPosted by Geysèr
why are servers still down? =/

Because the maintenance was extended another hour.
1. There will be a limit of 500 pets, per player, that can be carried going forward. Players will be allowed to go over the 500 pet cap during the 5.0.4 migration.The migration will not convert more than a total of 1500 pets for a player.Unique pets will be merged, so there will not be more than one unique pet on an account.

This has to be one of the most inane and unclarified rule changes Blizzard has ever initiated.
Please do not '!@#-u-me' that what you are thinking when you "clarify" a rule is being understood...99% of us are NOT mind-readers. BE SPECIFIC IN YOUR EXPLANATIONS!!

I take it that this will limit a player to gaining the "Pet Achievements" and the reward pets that come with them (like LIL Stinker) to just one main character??

You aren't very bright, are you? The Blue post was very clear. Pets are account wide so all of your characters will have the same pets so that means all 10 of your characters will have up to the 500 pet limit. Log on your alliance paladin and it will have the same pets as your alliance warlock that will have the same pets as your alliance rogue. Pretty simple, eh!
08/28/2012 12:09 PMPosted by Nethaera
It’s finally here,

"We are continuing to perform internal testing on all realms as a part of the 5.0.4 Patch release. We will be extending the regularly scheduled maintenance until approximately 3:00 p.m. PDT."

-.-
This reminds me of another game, I had many characters and they all shared the same pet bank. If I bought it on one it would show up for all the others. I am not sure if this is what they mean because I would hate to lose pets I spent weeks and months farming rep for.