Account-wide Pets with Patch 5.0.4

General Discussion
Prev 1 22 23 24 26 Next
Mounts work the same as pets. They all go into a list that all your characters have access to. Any mounts that a specific character can't use are just greyed out. So only your Warlocks will be able to use Dreadsteeds and only your Paladins able to use Chargers, etc.

It's very simple and clean.
YES!!! Finally
08/28/2012 02:52 PMPosted by Butterfli
How to cut down the numbers to get the new ones? No idea.

Right now, you should be able to delete pets from the journal.

If you want to safely remove pets for sale (caging them), you won't be able to do that until MoP launches.
This is confusing to say the least. If Blizz takes away pets maybe they will compensate with a new different pet?
Spirit of Competition is not account wide it seems. :(
Mounts work the same as pets. They all go into a list that all your characters have access to. Any mounts that a specific character can't use are just greyed out. So only your Warlocks will be able to use Dreadsteeds and only your Paladins able to use Chargers, etc.

It's very simple and clean.

is that working as intended? My main has 62 mounts and this character still has only 5 mounts. Shouldnt I have access to my mains mounts?
oh I see, you need to log onto each character you have
Okay, new info.

The first post is incorrect.

The limit of 3 of any pet is FALSE! Mumper's post was correct.

I currently have 5 Albino snakes in my Pet Journal (I've logged in 5 toons).
Before you ask a question dont just read the Numbers read the points under them also and maybe just maybe you wont have a question to ask anymore!
08/28/2012 03:40 PMPosted by Hillbillybob
Before you ask a question dont just read the Numbers read the points under them also and maybe just maybe you wont have a question to ask anymore!

Point 4 is FALSE!

You can have more than 4 of a particular pet type in your journal.
08/28/2012 03:45 PMPosted by Tiggindy

Point 4 is FALSE!

This is correct. The migration was allowed to exceed the limit.

It is a limit on the player collecting pets, going forward.
A lot of the confusion should be cleared up once Pet Battles are enabled (courtesy MoP). At that time, when you "catch" new pets they will have a "color" similar to gear - grey, white, green, blue, yellow. Just like gear, each color represents how "good" the pet is as far as battling other pets. I believe that you can increase their value by battling them, but I could be wrong, as I have not done much with the Pet Battle System at this point. You can have 3 of a single type of pet in the various values (of course, the hope is that you end up with just one of the highest value). There was a system in place to sell captured pets on the AH; it's been removed from beta at this time & I am not sure if they will put it back or not.

Remember though, MoP release is still a month away so there could be MANY changes to account-wide pets, pet limits, pet sharing/selling & etc. before then. Hope this helps a little bit!

If I'd known that on Friday, there would have been way less angry posts from me. ;)
08/28/2012 03:52 PMPosted by Kaivax

Point 4 is FALSE!

Is the only way to get rid of the excess (I have so many rocket bots) releasing them?

Is the only way to get rid of the excess (I have so many rocket bots) releasing them?

Yes.

Please note that there are many pets that will have significant value once they can be caged (after Mists of Pandaria).
I am currently ingame and my achievements, mounts and pets are not sharing across my different toons why ?
If I paid for a pet, no matter HOW I paid for it, it had better be there! If I paid for 10 cats and 14 horses, they'd all better be there.

This patch is a joke. Totally screwed up the entire process of playing and the patch notes look like they were written by a drunk. They make no sense at all.
08/28/2012 03:52 PMPosted by Kaivax

Point 4 is FALSE!

You don't know how happy I am to see all my pets. Thank you for not merging them.