Account-wide Pets with Patch 5.0.4

General Discussion
Prev 1 5 6 7 26 Next
You still haven't addressed what happens to pets that you haven't learned and which are pets that can currently be sold. After the "migration" will you still have all of those pets which you can sell or will those over 3 go away?

The best way to think about this is that they are not a 'pet' until you have actually learned them. Prior to that they are simply another item you have collected in your travels, like a smiley rock.

If all your characters are holding to the rare parrot, unlearned, when the conversion happens, you pet tab will show zero rare parrots; however, each character will still have the item in their bags/bank. If you now learn the parrot on one of your characters, all of your characters will be able to use it via the pet journal and you will still have the 'rare parrot pet' item on 8 characters.
OK, lets see here. If char A has a white kitten, char B has one & char C has one; right now I have 3 characters with 1 pet each. So after the merge will they each now have 3? Will that count toward the pet achieves?

Not if I am recalling correctly. The achievements are now reflecting 'unique pets' rather than simply 'pets'.
I am curious about the following then
Will the pets and mounts from the TCG instead of being for ONE character be for all of my characters then?

Would pets and mounts from some of the achievements be for all characters then?

Would things like the pvp mounts be only for the side you have Ie I have the horde ones but my allaince characters would not be able to use them?

Would things like the motorbikes be only for one side as well like the pvp mounts?

Would the Vail of the Sands the Rocket from the RAF and a few others be as well as under the Account-wide umbrella?
so is this just "account wide" per server, or will my Feathermoon Proto, be available on my Grizzly Hills DK?
08/25/2012 06:41 AMPosted by Katherissi
Will the pets and mounts from the TCG instead of being for ONE character be for all of my characters then?

Yes. TCG pets & mounts will be account-wide.

Would pets and mounts from some of the achievements be for all characters then?

Yes. These pets & mounts will also be account-wide.

Would things like the pvp mounts be only for the side you have Ie I have the horde ones but my allaince characters would not be able to use them?

PvP mounts from Arenas & RBGs will not be account-wide.
Faction-specific mounts like the Black War Steed will remain faction-specific.
They also will not convert to their faction equivalent.

Would things like the motorbikes be only for one side as well like the pvp mounts?

Refer to above about faction-specific mounts.

Would the Vail of the Sands the Rocket from the RAF and a few others be as well as under the Account-wide umbrella?

Yes.

The only mounts that are currently not account-wide are class-specific mounts & arena/rbg mounts.

For more information on account-wide mounts, read this FAQ.
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6368188111

08/25/2012 06:42 AMPosted by Aranasis
so is this just "account wide" per server, or will my Feathermoon Proto, be available on my Grizzly Hills DK?

Pets that are account-wide should be available to all your characters regardless of realm. :)
They really should just put up something like what you wrote Novalas instead of people asking these questions over and over

But then last I checked on the beta my rogue as able to use my warlock's dreadstead
Thought of another question, that has nothing to do with pets, but is still on subject. I read that Achievements are going account wide too? So would that mean that since my Warlock has run Blackrock Spire and got the "Leeeeroy Jenkins" achievement, all of my characters will have the title? Would it do the same with other titles, like "Hallowed be thy Name"? I only ask this because I think remember seeing level 1 Pandaren in beta with titles like "The Explorer" and "Associate Professor", so I wanted to double-check. It's been a few weeks since I logged into my beta account, so I'm not sure if I'm remembering correctly.
08/25/2012 06:54 AMPosted by Katherissi
They really should just put up something like what you wrote Novalas instead of people asking these questions over and over

I'm sure they'll put one up soon. :)

08/25/2012 06:54 AMPosted by Katherissi
But then last I checked on the beta my rogue as able to use my warlock's dreadstead

It worked like this awhile back when the feature was first implemented in the beta.
It's a bit more finalized now. :)

08/25/2012 06:55 AMPosted by Reivunko
I read that Achievements are going account wide too? So would that mean that since my Warlock has run Blackrock Spire and got the "Leeeeroy Jenkins" achievement, all of my characters will have the title? Would it do the same with other titles, like "Hallowed be thy Name"? I only ask this because I think remember seeing level 1 Pandaren in beta with titles like "The Explorer" and "Associate Professor", so I wanted to double-check. It's been a few weeks since I logged into my beta account, so I'm not sure if I'm remembering correctly.

Correct. Most achievements will be account-wide.
The intent is that achievement rewards will also be account-wide on live. :)

So to answer your question, titles should be available to all your characters.
Ghostcrawler mentioned that there would be some sort of level restriction for some achievement rewards.
For example, you wouldn't be able to use the title Defender of a Shattered on a level 2 Gnome.

Blog about account-wide achievements - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/5367158
08/24/2012 06:16 PMPosted by Kaivax
The migration will not convert more than a total of 1500 pets for a player.

Well, that's my first problem.

Even discounting all the store and promotional pets, I have over 1500.

Of course, that ceases to become a worry when we get to number 4. Now I'm just mad.

08/24/2012 06:16 PMPosted by Kaivax
4. All standard pets will be merged, with a limit of three per type. Players who currently have more than three of the same pet across their characters will see a total of three after the migration. Examples of standard pets: Orange Tabby Cat, Brown Prairie Dog, Crimson Whelpling.

Why?

First you guys said that any "extras" would be mailed to us, and that was fine. No mention of any limits. I was looking forward to figuring out how to clear enough bag space on my toons.

Then you said that all the pets would be merged into a single large journal, and that was better. No mention of any limits. I was expecting I'd have to pare down my massively huge pet journal.

Now, a couple days before it's gonna happen, you tell us that we're effectively going to lose a whole bunch of pets? I can understand simply dropping extras on the vendor pets (like the cockroach and orange tabby cat) to a maximum of 3 on the merger, but rare drop pets that we camped?

I've got 14 or 15 of each of the 4 different color whelplings, as well as more than 3 for other rare drop pets (or pets from rare spawns). I camped the majority of the whelplings. Since I spent the time and effort to get that many of them, why in the world are you taking them away? At least give us something for what you're arbitrarily deleting on us.

If the answer is anything other than "ten of each", how is this not a direct contradiction of Mumper's post on the 15th...

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6307802778#2

...a post that many of us took as fact, leading us to obtain pets that will now be obliterated with the merge?

Extremely good point.

Mumper's post specifically stated that we'd be able to have more than 3 of each pet at the initial merger.
Say you have 3 pets...

If you are a goblin, you breed them until you have 10 pets, sell 9 by undercutting everyone else on the AH, buy up 11 more after people undercut your prices, rinse and repeat until you hit the gold cap.

If you are a worgen, you eat them in a blind rage and have zero pets.

If you are a hunter, you become best friends with one of them and turn it into a rabid killer while the other two languish in the stables.

In Garrosh's Horde, pets HAVE YOU!
08/25/2012 06:55 AMPosted by Reivunko
Thought of another question, that has nothing to do with pets, but is still on subject. I read that Achievements are going account wide too? So would that mean that since my Warlock has run Blackrock Spire and got the "Leeeeroy Jenkins" achievement, all of my characters will have the title? Would it do the same with other titles, like "Hallowed be thy Name"? I only ask this because I think remember seeing level 1 Pandaren in beta with titles like "The Explorer" and "Associate Professor", so I wanted to double-check. It's been a few weeks since I logged into my beta account, so I'm not sure if I'm remembering correctly.

From what I have heard in live achievements will have a level limit ie a character will have to be the minimum level to have gotten their achievement on there own.

For example "the Kingslayer" achievement requires being a minimum level of 80 to enter the raid therefore none of your characters below 80 will be able to display the Kingslayer title.

The beta is really quirky regarding mounts, pets, and titles so it is not the go to for how things will work in live (My pally being able to ride my lock's dreadstead case in point).

"Assistant Professor" doesn't have a level limit (you just have to assemble a rare artifact)

In theory, with mages able to create portals to Outland (Shattrath) and Northrend (Dalaran) the Wrath version of "The Explorer" there was no level limit in getting the achievement; in practice without a flying mount it was next to impossible to get this before 74.

In Cata that changed as there is no way to get to Vashj'ir and Deepholm below the relevant level (80 and 82 respectively) so in live I would not expect any character below 82 to have "The Explorer" achievement or title.
What about mounts you get from achievements? Like the Albino Drake or the Bloodbathed Frostbrood Vanquisher? Could I send those to a level 1 toon?
08/25/2012 09:34 AMPosted by Zarelithe
What about mounts you get from achievements? Like the Albino Drake or the Bloodbathed Frostbrood Vanquisher? Could I send those to a level 1 toon?

You don't "send" mounts to your other characters.
If one character has it learnt and the mount is account-wide, all characters will have it in their mount list.
In Patch 5.0.4 a new companions & mounts button will be plaed on your Micro menu.
They should be listed there.

To answer your question, mounts rewarded from achievement rewards are generally account-wide.
The only mounts that are not account-wide at this time are class-specific mounts & arena/rbg mounts.

Faction-specific mounts also remain faction-specific and do not convert to their faction equivalent.
[Account-wide mounts, pets, and achievements! It’s finally here, and you’ll be able to enjoy just about every mount and pet you own on any character, and any license, under a single Battle.net account.]

This is from the 5.04 survival guide, and it clearly states that it is for any and all warcraft accounts, under your battle.net account. Thanks have a nice day.
I have a question. Will Lil Tyragosa be account wide or will I have to buy her on a toon by toon basis?
My wife and I have several pets that we have purchased from the Blizz store. Will we be keeping them or are they all goin away if so I would like to know so that I can contact customer service. Plz let us know.
Each pet with a different name, counts as 1. So your orange tabby, you can have 3 orange tabbies. 3 Crimson whelplings and so on. If you have 6 toons, and each has an orange tabby, your pet journal, will show 3 orange tabbies.

There was a post not long ago, that any pet past three would be crated and in your bags. I don't know if they still plan to do this. Anyone?