"An unexpected error..." at optimization

Mac Technical Support
When the launcher gets to the optimization process it gives me the message:

"An unexpected error has occured while trying to install. Please try again or contact customer support."

It's too vague for me to have any idea what could be wrong.
Same here although mine is slightly different. Mine says "An unexpected decryption error has occured. Please contact customer support."

"An unexpected error has occured while trying to install. Please try again or contact customer support."

Do you have filevault enabled or a case-sensitive HDD?
08/28/2012 11:36 AMPosted by Dreadlatch
Same here although mine is slightly different. Mine says "An unexpected decryption error has occured. Please contact customer support."

What files do you see in the Temp folder?
The files listed in Temp folder are:

5.0Migration-mac
Errors
wow-4.2.1.2756-enUS-tools-downloader
wow-4.2.1.2756-enUS-tools-patch
WoW-4.3-5.0.15890-enUS-Downloader
wow-4.3-5.0.15890-enUS-OSX-Migration-dl
wow-patch.mpq

I also have a TempMig folder.
Go into the 5.0 Migration-Mac folder, and tell me if you see a Installer Tome 1.MPQ.part file.
Yes, it is there!

Installer Tome 1.MPQ
Installer Tome 1.MPQ.part
World of Warcraft Migration Setup
Please try deleting Installer Tome 1.MPQ.part and run the launcher again.
I believe this has moved me on to the next step. Thanks a lot!
Sweet. I'll make a note of that.

Do you have filevault enabled or a case-sensitive HDD?

No, but I did find the problem. Apparently the Launcher icon on my dock kept trying to open an install I had on an external drive >.> Navigating to my applications folder and opening the launcher in the WoW directory there seemed to resolve the issue.

Thanks for the quick response anyways!
No, but I did find the problem. Apparently the Launcher icon on my dock kept trying to open an install I had on an external drive >.> Navigating to my applications folder and opening the launcher in the WoW directory there seemed to resolve the issue.

Thanks for the quick response anyways!

Thanks, I'll make a note of that too :)
I'm having the same trouble as Faleigh; but when I went to Temp > 5.0 Migration-mac the only items inside that folder were: Installer Tome 1.MPQ and World of Warcraft Migration Setup -

no Installer Tome 1.MPQ.part :(

i recently got the new macbook pro w retina and the current software is 10.8.1 if that helps any. i haven't had any trouble at setup before this
I'm having the same trouble as Faleigh; but when I went to Temp > 5.0 Migration-mac the only items inside that folder were: Installer Tome 1.MPQ and World of Warcraft Migration Setup -

no Installer Tome 1.MPQ.part :(

i recently got the new macbook pro w retina and the current software is 10.8.1 if that helps any. i haven't had any trouble at setup before this

That for the unexpected encryption error. Try what Faleigh tried: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6413173562#12
i think so! no error message and the bar is finally showing. thanks!
This was the problem for my client too. Thanks for the info. =)
Thanks for clearing my issue by just having to toss the Installer Tome 1.MPQ.part file.
Launcher Error: BLZPTS00007 - Failed to Run a Required Program (Agent) this keeps popping up evertime it trys to up i think it has something to do with the 5.0 migration folder ive tried doing all that it says doo and i either get a msg saying fatel crash or that one please someone help i just put time in wow and would love to be able to play again
Have you've tried to delete the Battle.net folder in Users/Shared? This re-creates new Agent tools and may resolve the issue.