Launcher isn't working...

Technical Support
Post Limit:
Amyilela

I just sent you an email. You should have it in a few minutes.
If you can't find a solution to your issue, feel free to contact a Support Representative directly for further assistance. Their contact information can be found at the following link: http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company/about/contact.html

I'm available on the forums Monday through Friday from 11AM to 8PM Pacific Time
Great I just deleted the launcher.exe

Time to search The bucket..
Well, I get an login error if I try to launch the game through the launcher.exe, but If I go directly to the wow.exe, I can login directly. Is there a way to repair the launcher, I cannot seem to find it.
Hey I think its working my "Updating Game Files" is loading slowly :D
lol... delete your launcher.. now run repair... oh wait umm the repair is in the launcher you just deleted... JK :D
Might be a good a good thing to remove the earlier blue post so people don't keep deleting their launchers...
What do we do now because this seems to be effecting a lot of people and we have no answers yet.
Coming up with Error Code: BLZPTS00007 (Failed to Run a Required Program (Agent))

Going to try what it says about restarting computer and see if it helps..will let you know

Clear the Battle.net Tools Folder
If there is an issue with your installation of the Agent program, clearing out your Battle.net Tools folder will cause Agent to be reinstalled the next time you start the game launcher or installer.

Close all existing processes (Agent, game launcher, and game installer).
Navigate to the installed Battle.net Folder and delete the whole folder.
Windows Vista/7: C:\ProgramData\Battle.net
Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Battle.net
Mac: /users/shared/Battle.net
Run the game from the game launcher or begin the installation again.
Do not install over an existing game build.
Note: On Windows based computers the location of these folders is hidden by default. You can reveal them with the steps in our Showing Hidden Files and Folders article.

This is from the Blizzard Agent Trouble shooting...witht he launcher that I downloaded from Arrakeen and was originally getting the error..this fixed it for now.. It's having to redownload the patch that came in today. But I'll come back let you guys know what the verdict is once it's done.
Thank you widow.. i was wondering why you were so special to receive the email.
Amyilela

I just sent you an email. You should have it in a few minutes.
If you can't find a solution to your issue, feel free to contact a Support Representative directly for further assistance. Their contact information can be found at the following link: http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company/about/contact.html

I'm available on the forums Monday through Friday from 11AM to 8PM Pacific Time

i am also haven the same problem
08/28/2012 03:23 PMPosted by Rollean
Thank you widow.. i was wondering why you were so special to receive the email.

Actually it was Amyilela that received the e-mail. I'm just smart enough to figure things out on my own :)
I have this problem as well. I live CST time so it is now 5:30 in the evening, and I am having WoW withdrawels, woke up at ten this morning and have been watching movies/chatting on the forums all day long waiting out the 2 extended downtimes, and now that realms are up my launcher keeps freezing up, won't even initialize. I restarted by computer 8 times, this kind of sucks.
lol @ "delete the launcher and then run the launcher" advice
My game has been optimized, and I'm stuck at initializing after my launcher crashed at 25% through the patch. I don't see the option to repair anywhere. This is awful, because the launcher eats so much CPU usage.
Well you can always delete it...download the one that was provided for us through meida fire from Arrakeen and then go through the whole having to delete the Battle.net folder in the ProgramData hidden folder and try what I've been doing for the past 2 hours or so.
08/28/2012 03:29 PMPosted by Bishietank
My game has been optimized, and I'm stuck at initializing after my launcher crashed at 25% through the patch. I don't see the option to repair anywhere. This is awful, because the launcher eats so much CPU usage.

As long as your CPU isn't hitting 100% what are you complaining for? The CPU is there for it to use. And if it has a lot of work to do, its going to use more of it, plain and simple.
i found the repair by searching the drive where wow is installed and i saw it right there
It didnt work, it got stuck on Updating Game Files..and now I'm stuck once more on Initializing
Well the Verdict is....

IT WORKS!!!!!! My launcher comes up and the game comes up with it..I've shut it down and brought it back up.

I hope you guys can get yours working as well with the things that people have been putting up in this thread.

See you in game!!
08/28/2012 03:31 PMPosted by Phydeux
As long as your CPU isn't hitting 100% what are you complaining for? The CPU is there for it to use. And if it has a lot of work to do, its going to use more of it, plain and simple.

But it is using up 100% of my CPU usage.
Open game. window comes us, "checking for updates." Error code: BLZPTS00007. Restart computer. No fix, restart again... no fix. I dont know much about computers but it seems this is a common problem. wasnt having it earlier (maybe an hour ago) but now im getting pretty mad. What do?