Dire Beast v. Fervor v. Thrill of the Hunt

Hunter
I picked THrill of the Hunt, dire beast was kind of cool but in some fights if im away from the boss it takes a few sec for the beast to arrive and begin, the focus regen for it is a bit underwelming.. imo and so far I get lots of proc's from TOTH , so for now im sticking with it, .. for now, cool thing is. u can swap them out for diff battles, just keep dust on you and ur good. ..
thrill of the hunt with marks multishot spam on bloods on hero madness is crazy yo.
Fired 60 Arcane shots on the dummy, just held the key and counted the shots. Go ahead, try ur luck, see if u can beat that. Take advantage of it now before they nerf it to the ground. It's just too damn OP. Hope this settles it.
Yeah thrill of the hunt wins here, PvP or PvE. itll make you rotation boring as !@#$ but 3 arcane that procs every 1 or 2 spell shots, too OP.
Dire beast. Does decent damage really, its worth about 5k dps for an instant cast with no cost, the regen'd focus is just a bonus. Beast attacks 9 times (with a reasonable amount of haste) for ~8-20k a hit, really worth it. Average about a 100k a cast, so really its the highest DPCT/DPF ability we have currently. Well, aside from serpent sting, which scales endlessly with the fight length.
I like Thrill for AoE heavy fights and Dire Beast for single target.
I don't reckon TotH is just for AoE you can get good Numbers off arcane.
08/30/2012 04:39 PMPosted by Havoczqt
I don't reckon TotH is just for AoE you can get good Numbers off arcane.

Dire Beast sims out slightly higher for all 3 specs on a standard single target. Thrill will likely be our go to AoE talent though for a fight like Wind Lord at 90...
Right now I'm trying a set up with Thrill of the Hunt w/ Iron Hawk. I feel like my survivability is through the roof with the 15% dmg reduction. Thrill of the Hunt procs so much my finger is starting to hurt from spamming Arcane shot. There's hardly a need to aspect dance to Fox with the constant procs.
I don't see how TotH is OPed. From what Recount showed me the other night, my DPS has increased just a hair, I think. Before patch, at os3d, I was capping at 28-30k, and now I am capping at 30-32k, about a 10% increase in DPS. How is this OP? It would be OPed if I was doing 48-50k instead. Plus, you have to keep in mind that we either lose a ton of Crit or a ton of Haste (hopefully the later) for our new friend Expertise.

I think either DB or TotH are great.
I don't see how TotH is OPed. From what Recount showed me the other night, my DPS has increased just a hair, I think. Before patch, at os3d, I was capping at 28-30k, and now I am capping at 30-32k, about a 10% increase in DPS. How is this OP? It would be OPed if I was doing 48-50k instead. Plus, you have to keep in mind that we either lose a ton of Crit or a ton of Haste (hopefully the later) for our new friend Expertise.

I think either DB or TotH are great.

Let me answer that, PvP. Imagine firing 60 arcane shots to any1, while moving & not aspect dancing. Yes its that OP. Am i the only 1 here that PvP? I havent made macros coz im not sure when theyre gonna nerf this. But if theres another spell that has seperate gcd from arcane shot ill definitely make one for both.
I thought thrill of the hunt was great even when it was only a 15% chance to proc.

Now at 30% with no ICD its pretty baffling, and it's actually pretty funny that as marks in PvP its almost too good...I almost never have to use steady shot and thus never proc instant Aimeds.

I like dire beast, its a fun talent but theres just too many snares/roots/cc going out in big PvP fights so it loses a lot of umph imo.

As BM I like fervor because it returns focus to your pet and procs more wild hunt attacks because of that.

ToTH is still wacky, can stack cobra strikes to 6x easily with enough luck.
I've got Dire Beast right now, though I slightly prefer Fervor. Why? Fervor is just too much focus, especially with the T13-2pc -- even with 120 focus maximum, I focus cap way, way more often when I was trying to use Fervor than when using Dire Beast.
Thrill of the Hunt looks very tempting, I can only imagine have 3 free arcanes while Kill Commanding the $h*t out players.

I'm using Dire Beast currently, but have been tinkering with Ferver (I'm still torn between the two honeslty)

Question: Is the damage trade off with TotH worth giving up the focus regen of Dire Beast and Fervor?

Opinions Needed
GO!
I imagine that Dire Beast might win out at level 90, but atm Explosive Shot seems to hit like a wet noodle with arcane shot outdamaging it by quite a bit.

I took direbeast at first, but then looked at recount and saw that autoshot and arcane shot were doing more damage than Explosive Shot, and I was using ES at every chance I got. So I switched to TotH and my dps went up quite a bit. It's boring as hell just spamming arcane shot, but it appears to be working.
Thrill of the Hunt looks very tempting, I can only imagine have 3 free arcanes while Kill Commanding the $h*t out players.

I'm using Dire Beast currently, but have been tinkering with Ferver (I'm still torn between the two honeslty)

Question: Is the damage trade off with TotH worth giving up the focus regen of Dire Beast and Fervor?

Opinions Needed
GO!

Edit: PVP Question not PVE

Gracias!! <333
08/31/2012 11:22 AMPosted by Zyliena
but then looked at recount and saw that autoshot and arcane shot were doing more damage than Explosive Shot

Damage meters generally see each individual tick of Explosive Shot separately, so I'd double check this manually against one of the level 85 enemies (fire one Explosive Shot, add up all the ticks in the combat log, halving any ticks that crit -- then fire one Arcane Shot, halving it if it crits). If the results are very close, repeat a few more times and average all your results.
but then looked at recount and saw that autoshot and arcane shot were doing more damage than Explosive Shot

Damage meters generally see each individual tick of Explosive Shot separately, so I'd double check this manually against one of the level 85 enemies (fire one Explosive Shot, add up all the ticks in the combat log, halving any ticks that crit -- then fire one Arcane Shot, halving it if it crits). If the results are very close, repeat a few more times and average all your results.

This. Combine "Explosive Shot" and "Explosive Shot (DOT)". Divide the combined number by the number of "Explosive Shot"s, and see if that is higher than the arcane damage divided by the number of arcane shots. Explosive shot accounts for about 1/5 of my dmg as survival, and arcane is just under that but I have almost double the number of arcane shots fired.
Only thing with thrill of the hunt in pve is I energy cap way to much trying to keep up my Steady Shot buffs as MM and serpent sting on BM. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong? Or is energy capping not bad in this case?

Edit: it's late and my rogue is my main. I called focus energy..... anyways, you get the idea.

I actually really like fervor in pvp for fighting healers since its more concentrated burst than thrill which seems to work better for classes without as many heals such as locks, mages and warriors.

< very casual pvper btw.
I haven't tried Fervor or Dire Beast, but I've been using Thrill of the Hunt, and as silly as it might sound, I feel like I'm a fighter jet whenever it procs (I even RP the whole moving sideways while shooting)... hahahah.