Post a Non-Superficial Compliment

Moon Guard
1 2 3 7 Next
A different take on the usual "Say Something Nice" threads that we used to have. More often than not, with some exceptions, things boiled down to "I like your armor/hairstyle."

Here's how I see it. This isn't some glorified oval-tug to compliment back and forth with your best friends. This is a chance to let someone know that you appreciate something about them, even though the chance hasn't come up for you to tell them or you just needed a little extra prompting.

If I'm that unlikable, I'm fine with being skipped.
I like that you came up with this idea and you seem to be an intelligent individual.
You're complicated and worth loving.
You're adorably persisent in being kind.

It's quite endearing.
08/30/2012 06:43 PMPosted by Magdaleine
I've been told you have an excellent writing style: it is concise, and quite easily followed.

I always enjoyed your writing. I want to read the book you're publishing.
Hranu, you've been a dear friend to me for a while now and have really helped me get through some crappy times. If there's anyone that could be considered bro material, it's you dude. Honest and true, you're one of my favorite people here.
You're a rather imposing individual; I look up to you.
One of the many, whom saved the one.

Until the bitter end, bro.
There are parts of you that I really dislike, and I've voiced that.

But despite that, I still really admire your ability to create and your ability to write. It's certainly far better then my own prose.

Oops, Gurvir sniped me. I'll keep that up at Forte, and say to Gurvir...

You're a great guy. Like, a really great guy. I nearly teared up after reading your farewell post, and the fact that you went out of your way to make me see some of the error I've made in the past few months is awesome.
Ferenold, I appreciate your dedication to worgen lore. I was a lot more excited about my worgen than my goblin in the few weeks after Cataclysm came out, but then I felt like Blizzard really dropped the ball in communicating later chapters of their story, and the depth and breadth of Gilnean lore was something I found wanting. To have someone in the community trying to drum up interest and fan-created writing as a resource for roleplayers is in actuality a rarity; to have that individual be someone that generally comports themselves with dignity and doesn't seem to be in it for the attention nor to dictate what others do doubly so.

Sniped by Vesp! As much as I used to disagree with you back in the day — and still do at times — I've found I don't have nearly as strong a kneejerk reaction to you as I used to — the tack you're taking the the forums strikes me as different this time. Even when we used to disagree, I always thought you were a really strong writer, and from the stuff you've posted lately, that seems even more true. I'm actually glad you're back here with us.
Lisenne, I absolutely loved your doodle farts back when you were doing them. Especially the one of me, even though sometimes I'm a little conflicted about the lack of robes. The rest of your deviantart page is wonderful.

Also, you've always seemed like a pretty fun person.
08/30/2012 07:29 PMPosted by Rofaldo
sometimes I'm a little conflicted about the lack of robes.

THAT WAS YOUR IDEA.

08/30/2012 07:29 PMPosted by Rofaldo
The rest of your deviantart page is wonderful.

And also full of half-naked people. It's okay, I've accepted who I am as an artist.

Rofaldo — is it too generic to say that I think you're funny? We didn't/don't actually interact that much, which I think is actually rather a shame. I'm pretty sure I still have your precis for that ME commission I didn't end up doing (>_>) and it makes me grin just to think of it.
Lisenne You seem like a person I would like to roleplay with at sometime. Also I am curious of the art you do. Could I get a link sometime.
08/30/2012 07:44 PMPosted by Cladriah
Lisenne You seem like a person I would like to roleplay with at sometime. Also I am curious of the art you do. Could I get a link sometime.

I haven't seen a lot of you, but from what discussion we've had in game and what I've seen of you around the forums, you seem like a good-willed guy.

I haven't seen a lot of you, but from what discussion we've had in game and what I've seen of you around the forums, you seem like a good-willed guy.

Ferenold, Whenever I see you post, I always see quality level posts of deep meaning or intelligent level that makes you stop and think before posting. also your funny

Don't know the guy above me, so this will go to Ferenold.

Fere, we've been friends for a while... Since you came to MG, really. Back when you were Argunon and you were getting flack. While we sometimes disagree, and you have occasionally done things I can't fully approve of, I know you do it with good intent. You're a good guy, and I want to let you know, <3

Also, I want pics of your booty. Baby.
@Ferenold:

Thank you for the wonderful welcome to the server! I sincerely appreciate you taking the time out of your schedule to Rp with me. That philosophical discussion we had was very engaging. the quality of your RP, as well as your friendly OOC demeanor convinced me to stick with this character, and make Moon Guard a permanent home.
@Vysanea

I am sure you make for charming company, and hopefully we all get to know you better, so we can compliment you more.