The 5.1 Feral DPS Guide

Druid
Prev 1 5 6 7 9 Next
What's up with trinkets and how can I calculate that? I have:

Woundripper Medallion
Bottle of Infinite Stars
Relic of Xuen
Terror in the Mists

I've taken a look at hamlet's post here: http://iam.yellingontheinternet.com/2012/10/16/theorycraft-101-how-to-compute-uptime-of-a-proc-based-buff/

but I still can't find a good method of comparing these. I feel like the huge flat agility of the Dominance trinket and terror in the mists make these the obvious go to trinkets, but the bottle seems very very very good.

PS those links are incorrect.
Which do you think is better?

An upgraded normal Gao-Rei, Staff of the Legendary Protector with both a sha-touched gem and a prismatic socket, or an upgraded heroic Screaming Tiger, Qiang's Unbreakable Polearm.

Is the extra agility from the sha-touched gem and prismatic gem (I use a jewelcrafter's gem in mine) enough to make up for the extra stats on the heroic polearm?
While weapon DPS is usually the highest stat available, in this case the gain of 571 agi would make up the loss of 257 weapon DPS. I would run simcraft though.
What's up with trinkets and how can I calculate that? I have:

Woundripper Medallion
Bottle of Infinite Stars
Relic of Xuen
Terror in the Mists

I've taken a look at hamlet's post here: http://iam.yellingontheinternet.com/2012/10/16/theorycraft-101-how-to-compute-uptime-of-a-proc-based-buff/

but I still can't find a good method of comparing these. I feel like the huge flat agility of the Dominance trinket and terror in the mists make these the obvious go to trinkets, but the bottle seems very very very good.

PS those links are incorrect.

I would use:
Bottle of Infinite Stars
Relic of Xuen

01/24/2013 07:06 AMPosted by Swagkannon
While weapon DPS is usually the highest stat available, in this case the gain of 571 agi would make up the loss of 257 weapon DPS. I would run simcraft though.

Correct, the agility gained from the gems in the weapon will make up for the weapon dps shortfall. (it's not a huge difference, however, so if the other is already upgraded I wouldn't really worry about it)

I would use:
Bottle of Infinite Stars
Relic of Xuen

Why? Passive vs active procs? At the moment I'm using the bottle and the dominance trinket. It's a loss of 196 agi to swap those two.
Why? Passive vs active procs? At the moment I'm using the bottle and the dominance trinket. It's a loss of 196 agi to swap those two.

Bottle has a 50s ICD, the relic has a 55 ICD, the dominance trinket has a 60s cooldown and procs crit while the relic would proc agility or the bottle would proc agility and keep a static 1079 mastery. There's better secondary stats on the bottle if you compare that to the dominance trinket while the DMF trinket is superior to the dominance trinket, especially upgraded where it can compete with the 509 Terror in the Mists.
thanks for that

I would use:
Bottle of Infinite Stars
Relic of Xuen

For DoC builds (SimC results):

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1086121/simc_profiles/Druid/Feral/T14H/trinkets/results_doc.png

From: http://fluiddruid.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1883
I see a lot of the high end feral druids gemming for the mastery socket bonus in the tier chest. Why's that?
Depends on what stat weights you go by.

But either way they are very close in value with probably a slight nudge to the mastery bonus at higher gear levels.
Our dmg relies on bleeds (rake and rip and thrash), so having high mastery (which increases the damage done by bleeds,) is very important!

And with 5.2 Rip is doing more dmg which makes mastery even better :)
And with 5.2 Rip is doing more dmg which makes mastery even better :)

Just so everyone is clear: the rip buff was reverted and is not live.
So I have a question about gear:

Would it be worth it to break my 4pc t14(ilvl 500 gloves, 496 legs) for 2pc t15 LFR gloves and legs(502 ilvl)?
I would imagine. Our previous tier set was 'meh' so getting into the next tier is probably a good idea. You could always sim it out to get a better idea.
yeah, the two piece t15 bonus is a lot better than the extra ticks on rip. keep that other two piece until you have 522s to replace it
I've messed around with this druid a little as feral and only have crafted pvp gear so obviously my dps isn't great, but I had a question.

If you end up with 5 CPs and all your bleeds are on the target and SR is up on you what is the best way to spend the CPs?

Also, what is the difference in dps between Mangle and Shred? The only reason i'm asking is being new to the feral scene I still have issues with movement fights (Played casters in past) so my positioning is still crap.
Are you asking from a PVP or PVE perspective? If its PVE:
04/05/2013 07:15 AMPosted by Kittybuns
If you end up with 5 CPs and all your bleeds are on the target and SR is up on you what is the best way to spend the CPs?

You shouldn't be using Incarnation/NV for PVE. Pick up SotF and HotW. DoC can do more damage, but the playstyle is not for someone new to Feral. With SotF it becomes more useful to spend combo points then waste them as you get an energy refund for every finisher. In the case above, you will FB. Even if you lose some Rip uptime it will still come out ahead as you gear up. If you find yourself with Rip/SR both under 10 seconds you will want to use SR to keep them both from expiring at the same time. If just 1 is below 10 seconds use Thrash to keep from energy capping to give which ever one more time to get lower before you refresh.

Also, what is the difference in dps between Mangle and Shred? The only reason i'm asking is being new to the feral scene I still have issues with movement fights (Played casters in past) so my positioning is still crap.

Shred does 20% more damage to a target that is bleeding for 5 more energy. We are finding that in most situations outside of Berserk, high energy, and an OOC proc that Mangle is more efficient for just building combo points so we get more finishers. The difference is pretty minor.
Would clipping Rip/rake with a trinket proc be ok? or should i just let it expire before reusing?
Would clipping Rip/rake with a trinket proc be ok? or should i just let it expire before reusing?

If you know the rake will be stronger it's typically a good idea to clip it. Rip is a little more complex and difficult to answer.

Just be careful and make sure you know which is stronger: is Trinket #1 stronger than Trinket #2, is Trinket #2 stronger than a TF'ed rake, etc. And you will also need to remember how powerful the last rake was.