The 5.1 Feral DPS Guide

Druid
Prev 1 7 8 9
07/15/2013 03:26 PMPosted by Gralfrus
Try to but don't worry much about it. Rip/SR/rake are more important.

The Icy Veins guide says nothing about using Thrash for single target, and it says it's updated for 5.3. Is it not actually an up to date feral guide?

That is 100% incorrect to ignore Thrash for a single target rotation. In fact Thrash should have been in your single target arsenal for the entire expansion, not just 5.3.

Edit:
This guide has been reviewed and approved by Fragnance, one of the best Feral Druids in the world, who raids in Method. You can watch his stream on Twitch.

He/she should pay more attention to what they put their name to -_-

Lol xD

Mmk, I'll be Thrashin' them single targets.

When they find out about this, I wonder if they will nerf it like they did Rain of Fire for Destro. Blizz apparently doesn't approve, but Thrash doesn't really have a visual effect. I have this feeling they won't notice, lol.
07/15/2013 04:24 PMPosted by Gralfrus

Lol xD

Mmk, I'll be Thrashin' them single targets.

When they find out about this, I wonder if they will nerf it like they did Rain of Fire for Destro. Blizz apparently doesn't approve, but Thrash doesn't really have a visual effect. I have this feeling they won't notice, lol.

It's been known for all time afaik, but it adds something to watch for in feral's rotation, so I don't think they mind nearly as much.

RoF required dropping a targeting reticle and using it every like 8 seconds to do it right, thrash is just another melee ability and the bleed lasts quite a while so it's not nearly as cumbersome.
Slow these days up in the ol' feral sticky.

-_-
Here I'll use my feral to drum up some conversation

Aside from the tier bonus/legendary stuff, what should I really be aiming for? Would an LFR Roro be a good idea?
You definitely need to drop one of those trinkets since you have no way of wasting hit/exp rating and RoR would be the way to go. Rune of Re-origination is best in slot at the moment regardless of Item level. Of course once you obtain the trinket you'll focus on keeping your secondary stats to a 1:1:1 ratio with mastery a few points ahead to pull of those massive bleeds.
You definitely need to drop one of those trinkets since you have no way of wasting hit/exp rating and RoR would be the way to go. Rune of Re-origination is best in slot at the moment regardless of Item level. Of course once you obtain the trinket you'll focus on keeping your secondary stats to a 1:1:1 ratio with mastery a few points ahead to pull of those massive bleeds.

Won't let me post on my druid

Yeah I knew it was really strong for WW and feral, but I never heard of how good it was for feral, it just sounded like a good trinket.

I'll definitely keep it if I do get it out of LFR now, and I need to swap my glove gem for a pure agl one. Not sure about the shoulder bonus though, would that be better to gem agl and ignore the +mastery slot bonus?
Slow these days up in the ol' feral sticky.

-_-
Well I'd say this guide is a little outdated..
I have a question.

If I'm not using the Rune I shouldn't be trying to 33% mastery, haste and crit right? Since there is less benefits than going full mastery if I do not own the rune. Correct?
@furyswiping
I would download my app, Catus:
http://fluiddruid.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4574

1. Import your kitty: enter "Furyswipin" and hit return.
2. Scroll down to "Reforge" section, click "Maximize Secondary" tab.
3. Make sure [x] Change Gems, [x] Break Bonuses are enabled
4. Make sure [x] Leave Empty is enabled, since you don't have the Eye of Black Prince (legendary weapon socket)
5. Make sure Enchant [x] Hands and [x] Back are enabled
6. Hit Reforge!

Use "Reforgerade" to export your reforges (using Reforgerade addon)
Use "Shopping List" to export your gem/enchant changes

Using this process, Catus recommends:
Hit: 2556, Expertise: 2555, Mastery: 9858, Haste: 2984, Crit: 6340

Which is a 4K dps gain (+2.5% DPS) over your existing setup on a standard Patchwerk sim.
So I just got a flex Ticking Ebon Detonator, and i'm wondering how i should use my proc since it diminishes so quickly. Do I re-apply a rake as soon as it procs so it has the highest agility? get off a 5CP rip as quickly as i can while its going also? or just stick to shredding while the proc is going?

thanks in advance
is it just me or the 4T16 is pretty weak compared to other dps classes? (warrior and hunter are pretty strong for example).

Am I missing some cool fact about it, some hidden gem?
this thread is so outdated go to

http://fluiddruid.net/forum/viewforum.php?f=3

everything you need for feral
As a new player, this seriously made my brain hurt. What's the best way to get this down? Beat a practice dummy for hours until it's all burned into my skull?
this thread is so outdated go to

http://fluiddruid.net/forum/viewforum.php?f=3

everything you need for feral

You are a great person, I was looking for something more up to date, and the link to the site that the OP posted was for 5.0.
dont play feral, the amount of ganking potential vs a fully fed leblanc will result in a double kill for the enemy mid laner