[BUG] Monochrome Flag Crashes WoW

UI and Macro
I posted this in the Bug Report forum as well, but since this is technically a UI specific issue, I figured I would post it here too.

If fonts have the "MONOCHROME" flag set via the SetFont function, WoW crashes when attempting to display them. The following sample code easily reproduces the issue:

local f = CreateFrame("Frame", nil, UIParent)
f:SetPoint("CENTER")
f:SetWidth(1)
f:SetHeight(1)

local fs = f:CreateFontString(nil, "ARTWORK", MasterFont)
fs:SetFont("Fonts\\FRIZQT__.TTF", 26, "MONOCHROME")
fs:SetPoint("CENTER")
fs:SetText("boom!")

Note that if you change the "MONOCHROME" to another flag such as "THICK" the crash does not occur.

I have verified this happens on both DirectX 10 and DirectX 11 using two different Nvidia graphics adapters (GTX 550 TI and a 9600 GT) with the latest Nvidia drivers. It's possible it happens on all video cards such as ATI as well since multiple people are seeing this issue when using fonts with the MONOCHROME flag set.
This bug is still present as of 12/29/2012
Confirmed with ATi 5770 running directx 10 and 9 on both 32 bit and 64 bit versions.

Same with intel graphics on my laptop running ubuntu, but that isn'y supported so w/e
Could you possibly tell me why my tidy plates grey theme is having some dependency issues? i dont really use many addons but when i do, i use tidy plates.
Could you possibly tell me why my tidy plates grey theme is having some dependency issues? i dont really use many addons but when i do, i use tidy plates.

You sure you posted in the correct thread?

also for the gray theme to work you have to have the tidyplates addon (with neon and the other preloaded themes) installed as well for it to work properly.
Seems this bug is still around bumping thread
It's fixed on the 5.3 PTR.
It's fixed on the 5.3 PTR.

oh? haven't been on the ptr yet.