Int vs pvp power

Battlegrounds
I'm torn between which I should get....int or pvp power.

my understanding was...if you got more int your damage would go up, but you needed pvp power to over come resil.

But these pair of cata boots I"m looking to buy has me thinking...they have around 100-130 more pvp power but I'll lose roughly 60-80 int. This is the first time I ever really had to choose between whether I wanted int or pvp power...but I just recently enchanted my cloak, ring and endgame and gemmed a bunch of my red slots with +40 int.

So what the hell is pvp power anyway? Should I throw away int in order to get it? or should I get as much of both as possible?
Think of PvP Power as Armor Pen for resil. I would presume that Int takes priority.
09/02/2012 10:20 AMPosted by Skwish
Think of PvP Power as Armor Pen for resil. I would presume that Int takes priority.

Yeah, that's what I thought, but people were stacking pvp power which wouldn't make too much sense to me unless it actually did more damage.

But, that makes my problem even worse, because to get those boots I have to lose a ton of int for a ton of pvp power/resil.
I haven't done any math on this, so I don't know the answer... but just something to think about is that Intellect doesn't just affect straight damage.
Just looked at Majinsnutz, he seemed to stack int, I would go with int.
Sticky for 5.04 PvP Shadow (gearing, gems, talents, etc) now says that PvP Power takes priority over int, at least for Shadow Priests. I'd assume this is the same for any of the caster classes.

Wondering now if it's worth it on some offset pieces (ex. the 410 heroic PvE bracers) are they better/worse than the Cata bracers (a full 20 ilvls below them) due to the PvP power/resil on those bracers.
I actually posted the math in a forum yesterday, but it got buried. I added a post to link to my numbers for Str vs PvP and it bumped the thread to the front page of the BG forums, so check the numbers there.

Also: No, PvP Power is *not* always better than Int.
Sticky for 5.04 PvP Shadow (gearing, gems, talents, etc) now says that PvP Power takes priority over int, at least for Shadow Priests. I'd assume this is the same for any of the caster classes.

Wondering now if it's worth it on some offset pieces (ex. the 410 heroic PvE bracers) are they better/worse than the Cata bracers (a full 20 ilvls below them) due to the PvP power/resil on those bracers.

As you add PvP Power, Int becomes more important. If you are stacking PvP Powerwith gems, it would be a good idea to keep the HPvE bracers, as they give more stats in general, and you need to add intel while adding Power to get the best results.

As far as I know, Shadow Priests don't have any passives that soak Spell Power, So the numbers should be the exact same as the mage numbers that have been bumped to the front page.

Sorry to say it, but I think your sticky writer is either wrong or too lazy to crunch numbers.
Why not just stack both int and pvp power... Those gems exist just sayin
Pvp power increases healing as well as damage by solid %'s. I'd say pvp power is better for hybrid casters.