Ask Creative Development — Round III Answers

Story Forum
Post Limit:
Prev 1 19 20 21 24 Next
09/07/2012 01:50 PMPosted by Darkcherry
Illidan was not a good guy.

again to fans of wc3 he is, you can't force your ideas on other people like she just told me.

Till wow comes out and says you are right, you can't tell other people they are wrong.
I say again, i came to this post to ask if he is a anti hero or villain,

I had players tell me he a monster not them.

No. He's been that way in every piece of media.

In the Well of Eternity raid he's selfish, egotistical.

In WC3 RoC he's selfish and power hungry.

In TFT he works with Kil'jaeden.

In the BOOKs, which I assume you've never read, Illidan creates the second Well of Eternity purely for selfish reasons.

Stop telling yourself WC3 was the only source on Illidan. It was not.
Illidan was not a good guy.

again to fans of wc3 he is, you can't force your ideas on other people like she just told me.

Till wow comes out and says you are right, you can't tell other people they are wrong.
I say again, i came to this post to ask if he is a anti hero or villain,

I had players tell me he a monster not them.

You can't force your idea that he is an anti hero on people either. That's fan fic. Until Blizzard says you are right or wrong, that's all your belief is.

The lore supports he's more of a monster in attitude and actions. You cannot ignore what he did in BC. Those are not the actions of a anti hero.
No. He's been that way in every piece of media.

In the Well of Eternity raid he's selfish, egotistical.

In WC3 RoC he's selfish and power hungry.

In TFT he works with Kil'jaeden.

In the BOOKs, which I assume you've never read, Illidan creates the second Well of Eternity purely for selfish reasons.

Stop telling yourself WC3 was the only source on Illidan. It was not.

again he saved how many people wc3

you go on bad parts never good parts, you take things out of point.

he didn't help priestess she be died now. O wait that not good thing, he should have left her to die

Doing good things does not mean you're a good person, especially when it is for somebody you know.

Illidan saved the person he loved, a person he has a track record of trying to steal away from Malfurion by trying to prove he's better than him.

Saving people's lives does not equate to being a good person. Your intentions make you a good person. And if your intentions are to amass power, you're selfish. If you save people in the process, you're selfish who happened to save a couple people on the side.

Read War of the Ancients before you comment on Illidan's character.
09/07/2012 01:57 PMPosted by Darkcherry
again WOW REGREAT BC

They say they regret killing Illidan the way they did. There is nothing said about regretting Illidan's path and actions.

09/07/2012 01:57 PMPosted by Darkcherry
they can't undo it, that why they bring him back! to redo him, don't go on about bc because ally had no right even go there.

They redid nothing. All they did was let you see the WC3 mission again.
We're pointing out that his actions and his very words and thoughts, in IN GAME quest text and canon novels, show that he is doing it mostly for his own personal glory and power. NOT because it's the right thing to do. He's constantly talking about how it is HIS destiny to be great, to save the Night elves. If he was doing it for the good of the people, he'd shut up with the 'It is my destiny!' crap and be a hell of a lot more humble.

You're taking the good parts and skimming over the bad.

The number of soldiers he saved (which we can't know) by assuming demon form minus the people he killed after (Nendis, countless Watchers, and the losses of the combined night elf force that was sent after him).

Almost positive that we're looking at a negative here, just considering WC3.
09/07/2012 02:00 PMPosted by Darkcherry
don't need to i read it, many people agree with me.

Then your point is moot. If you assume that just because some people agree with you it means you're right, then by all means I'm right too because people agree with me.

If you refuse to read War of the Ancients, there isn't any point in debating with you because you refuse to acknowledge Illidan's character and his actions throughout that series.

I hope the other people who have debated with you for... 3pages now agree with me that its a lost cause and stop derailing the thread.
THIS FORUM WAS MEANT FOR PLAYERS TO ASK BLIZZARD THINGS.

From the "Welcome, please read" thread:

Welcome to the Warcraft Story Forum! This forum is here as a means for players to discuss the storylines of the Warcraft universe, as told in-game and through the novels, manga, comics, and short stories that Blizzard publishes.

Emphasis mine.
again WOW REGREAT BC

they can't undo it, that why they bring him back! to redo him, don't go on about bc because ally had no right even go there.

Seriously.. are you replying on a cell phone? I hope you hell you are. Your writing is atrocious.

The Alliance had every right to go back to Outland. The Dark Portal opening.. It was kind of hard to miss and impossible to ignore. There was ample reason to go back there if only to check on the Expedition that was cut off when the portal was closed. Not to mention the Draenei had a damned goods reason to go back. To check on the brethren that had been left behind.
09/07/2012 01:55 PMPosted by Darkcherry
As for wc3 fan made wow, because of how liked wc3 was.. they planned make wow. If wc3 was not so liked they never made wow

Illidan wasn't WC3. He was a part of it. That's all. WC3 had far more than just Illidan, so please quit implying that he's the reason there is a WoW.
don't need to i read it, many people agree with me. He isn't a monster you call him to be and till wow says he is, you can't force these on people.

You might not like it, but the books are stated to be official lore unless Blizzard explicitly says otherwise. If they don't say anything, then every single book and comic published is official WoW lore. You can't deny that no matter how much you scream.
09/07/2012 02:05 PMPosted by Kyalin
THIS FORUM WAS MEANT FOR PLAYERS TO ASK BLIZZARD THINGS.

From the "Welcome, please read" thread:

Welcome to the Warcraft Story Forum! This forum is here as a means for players to discuss the storylines of the Warcraft universe, as told in-game and through the novels, manga, comics, and short stories that Blizzard publishes.

Emphasis mine.

ttsss.. Burn.
09/07/2012 02:02 PMPosted by Kyalin

The number of soldiers he saved (which we can't know) by assuming demon form minus the people he killed after (Nendis, countless Watchers, and the losses of the combined night elf force that was sent after him).

Almost positive that we're looking at a negative here, just considering WC3.
Don't forget the night elf village that simply happened to be in his way.