Ask Creative Development — Round III Answers

Story Forum
Prev 1 20 21 22 24 Next
09/07/2012 02:11 PMPosted by Vegdrasil

The number of soldiers he saved (which we can't know) by assuming demon form minus the people he killed after (Nendis, countless Watchers, and the losses of the combined night elf force that was sent after him).

Almost positive that we're looking at a negative here, just considering WC3.
Don't forget the night elf village that simply happened to be in his way.

Yep, Nendis. I mentioned that.
Illidan cut all ties to them and closed gates, not his fault someone open a gate.

Illidan turn into monster because need a raid boss. Fact is you don't have right talk other people if you say i dontt about what i believe in. Yes i'm on a phone not on a computer, again everyone allow believe they want. WOW NEVER STATED who right and who wrong on this.

You are ignoring what he did IN LORE. Illidan took over a large chunk of Outland. He was making new fel orcs, he attacked Shattrath. And he did not open the Dark Portal. Illidan wasn't even a consideration in that. He had nothing to do with it and has only a small part to play in BC. He wasn't even an end game raid boss.

You say we don't have the right to tell others what's right or wrong? The same thing can be said about you. YOU do not have any more right than we do to say what's right or wrong. We're just starting our beliefs, backed up by in game and book facts, to support our views.
09/07/2012 02:15 PMPosted by Darkcherry
Yep, Nendis. I mentioned that.

they attack and he killed.

Everyone living being has right to defend.

No one said they didn't attack or threat him that part wasn't part in.

All said was fishing village was destory. No one said if it just nages or if it was illidan himself.

The Naga were under his command, and are therefore his responsibility. We're also talking about fishing villages here, not military bases. Finally, it's not as though the village went and sought him out, he came to it. He is an invader, not a defender, in this case.
they attack and he killed.

Everyone living being has right to defend.

No one said they didn't attack or threat him that part wasn't part in.

All said was fishing village was destory. No one said if it just nages or if it was illidan himself.

him or forces -he- controlled destroyed the village. Yes they attacked because he and the naga were destroying their livelihood by stealing and destroying the ships there. The Night elves where also killed because they would have been able to help any pursuers rebuild any damaged ships.
We can back our beliefs with lore in game and from the books. He's not as bad as say.. Grom, but illidan isn't a good guy by any means. And there are people who insist that Grom was, in fact a good guy.
My belief no more wrong than yours, but you use word wrong how many times now? You say one thing and do the other.

Actually, yes it is wrong, as it has no basis in fact, and indeed can only exist if you ignore existing facts.

Sorry, I don't subscribe to argumentative relativism.
09/07/2012 02:19 PMPosted by Darkcherry
him or forces -he- controlled destroyed the village. Yes they attacked because he and the naga were destroying their livelihood by stealing and destroying the ships there. The Night elves where also killed because they would have been able to help any pursuers rebuild any damaged ships.

Because they weren't attack if they see naga or illidan walking near them?

They were stealing their ships! What should they have done? Stood by and cried 'Oh woe is us. The demon man and the naga are stealing the ships we depend upon for our livelihood. We should just watch them reduce our village to poverty and starvation and not make any effort to defend our property and homes. Oh woe is us..'

Illidan did not look like a Night elf. He looking like a demon and was consorting with the naga, who -are- enemies of the night elves. What should they have done then? He was stealing what was theirs..
fact are if he didn't get demon powers the war 10k plan out a lot different.

felwood play out even worse.

fact you see are black and white because you don't think outside box

no 2rd well = no world tree = a lot not be the same right now

So the ends justify the means. Got it. That's what you are basically saying. That if the result can be called good in the ends, the means to do it shouldn't really be questioned since it was all for a good cause.
Let's not pretend either that Illidan and the Naga were just wandering through the village and suddenly got attacked. We don't know exactly what happened, and I'm glad that we've established that in even a best case scenario, what Illidan did was wrong, but these are the Naga we're talking about, whose stated goal at the time was to exterminate the Night Elves, and still is today.

So, "Saint Illidan" is not true on two counts. Shall we move to the third?

(Oh, I'll point this out too. The ends were either terrible or could have been accomplished through other means.)
09/07/2012 02:29 PMPosted by Darkcherry
So, "Saint Illidan" is not true on two counts. Shall we move to the third?

again NO proof to back up your part of that village either. so no stop saying i'm wrong when no proof to say what happen that day beside village is destory.

First Night Elf mission, The frozen throne.