The Slaughtered Lamb ((Open RP))

World’s End Tavern: Role-play and Fan Fiction
Post Limit:
Prev 1 2 3 6 Next
Xeri ignored the others until the Orc smashed the glass. Her lips immidately pulled back in a snarl and she stiffened. But the barkeep gave him the room and she returned to picking at her nails.

"There are a few reasons people don't exactly... Welcome the Death Knights. As well as our kind, Coris," she said aloud, her voice surprisingly soft.

As the Warlock trainer ran by, she raised an eyebrow. "I think you miss-cast a rune," she called as he ran by. She rolled her shoulders and slid from the counter. After straightening her robe, she walked around, very bored.
"Your right sister but I believe we are are all the same and should be treated as if they were one of us." "Besides I like the Death Knight he is very kind." Coris says with a small smile
Arianna pushed her hood down. The smell of rain was on the air; however whether or not it would fall had yet to be seen. It mattered little to the –generally- silent worgen, who sniffed the air further, taking in the other scents that milled around her. The heady scent of food and wood burning in a fire place caught her nose, and she turned it in the direction of the scent. If she didn’t know any better, she would have guessed there was an inn up ahead. She clicked her tongue, not an easy task with its length, calling forth her broad mountain horse.

It seemed like ages since she had last seen her home, Gilneas, however in all actuality, it had been only about a year. So many events had past that it pushed the cataclysmic day from her mind; pushed it back until it seemed like an eternity ago. The worgen vowed that she would one day step foot in that mountainous region she called home. Vowed that one day, the forsaken would pay for what they had done to her home, and her life. Yet despite the hatred that burned in her veins for those walking rotting corpses, she couldn’t help but feel glad, for her dreams that she had never thought before possible had come true.

She had walked the streets of Stormwind, ran through the snowy caps of Dun Morogh, and at last laid her eyes upon the night elves, who had once been nothing more to her than whispered rumours. Who would have thought that it would be they, those reclusive beings who rarely ever left their treasured forests, would have accepted her and her kind into their home with open arms, willing to house them and accept them into their culture? Never in a million years would Arianna have even considered such a possibility, but now she was living it.

Her legs wrapped around the wide beast, and it felt familiar and reassuring. Nightshade’s girth reminded her of home, for all of their horses there were large; larger than the scrawny creatures the humans called horses here. Kicking the horse’s flanks, she urged him into a steady gallop towards the scent. Not only was he large and secure but the mountain horses of Gilneas were more than accustomed to the feral wolves that lived in the mountains, and she found many of the steeds offered to her by the citizens of Stormwind shied away from her nature.

She blinked, coming up to the tavern she had smelled. Her ears twitched cautiously, and she gently nudged Nightshade on, towards the stables where she easily swung her leg over and clambered down from him. Paying the stable boy his due change, she walked towards the door and took an uneasy breath before pushing in.

There were a few patrons present –which was to be expected. Ignoring them, she went to the bar and very quietly ordered herself a drink, wincing at the grating sound of her voice. She sounded like an animal, but even so, she refused to revert back to her less-than feral side. She was strange, but she had her beliefs.
Arianna pushed her hood down. The smell of rain was on the air; however whether or not it would fall had yet to be seen. It mattered little to the –generally- silent worgen, who sniffed the air further, taking in the other scents that milled around her. The heady scent of food and wood burning in a fire place caught her nose, and she turned it in the direction of the scent. If she didn’t know any better, she would have guessed there was an inn up ahead. She clicked her tongue, not an easy task with its length, calling forth her broad mountain horse.

It seemed like ages since she had last seen her home, Gilneas, however in all actuality, it had been only about a year. So many events had past that it pushed the cataclysmic day from her mind; pushed it back until it seemed like an eternity ago. The worgen vowed that she would one day step foot in that mountainous region she called home. Vowed that one day, the forsaken would pay for what they had done to her home, and her life. Yet despite the hatred that burned in her veins for those walking rotting corpses, she couldn’t help but feel glad, for her dreams that she had never thought before possible had come true.

She had walked the streets of Stormwind, ran through the snowy caps of Dun Morogh, and at last laid her eyes upon the night elves, who had once been nothing more to her than whispered rumours. Who would have thought that it would be they, those reclusive beings who rarely ever left their treasured forests, would have accepted her and her kind into their home with open arms, willing to house them and accept them into their culture? Never in a million years would Arianna have even considered such a possibility, but now she was living it.

Her legs wrapped around the wide beast, and it felt familiar and reassuring. Nightshade’s girth reminded her of home, for all of their horses there were large; larger than the scrawny creatures the humans called horses here. Kicking the horse’s flanks, she urged him into a steady gallop towards the scent. Not only was he large and secure but the mountain horses of Gilneas were more than accustomed to the feral wolves that lived in the mountains, and she found many of the steeds offered to her by the citizens of Stormwind shied away from her nature.

She blinked, coming up to the tavern she had smelled. Her ears twitched cautiously, and she gently nudged Nightshade on, towards the stables where she easily swung her leg over and clambered down from him. Paying the stable boy his due change, she walked towards the door and took an uneasy breath before pushing in.

There were a few patrons present –which was to be expected. Ignoring them, she went to the bar and very quietly ordered herself a drink, wincing at the grating sound of her voice. She sounded like an animal, but even so, she refused to revert back to her less-than feral side. She was strange, but she had her beliefs.

OOC:Wonderful intro :)
Manjoni Darkshire had been walking through the hills of the Trisfal Glades when he'd spotted a heartwarming glow in the distance. It was an Illuminating light in the distance, and was like a beacon of Hope. He quickly hopped of of his Deathcharger, Strife, and slowly paced through the dense glades of Trisfal. Quickly moving from tree side to tree side, he finally reached the inn, drenched in a cold rain that had been going on for but a few moments. Upon entry of the tavern, he brought his hand up to his face, and summoned a small aura of frost around himself, freezing the surrounding water.

He shrugged off the small sheets of ice on his shoulders, and slid off the remaining ice on his plate-leggings. Free of his watery despair, he moved to the counter which held the barkeep. Sighing deeply, he asked" I'll have your premium bottles of Pinot Noir, and I'd enjoy a large chicken as well." He removed his hood, revealing a weathered face, beholding a jet black beard and graying, flowing hair. His frosty blue eyes shone with a tinge of sadness, and a lot of age.

He slowly moved over to the table of a very curious looking female Worgen. He sat down with his drink, waiting on his food, not crossing eyes with the Worgen.

In a deep, clear voice,"What brings you deep into this forest young one?" He shifted his weight over to his right side ever so slight, while doing so bringing up an arm to his face again. He removed his Gauntlets and Bracers, revealing a set of runes, purple, green ,and blue. Instantly all of them depleted, at the same time, a Black and White portal opened up behind him. From the portals outside you could see troves and troves of items, from small reagents, to massive swords and trophies. He slowly lifted the darkened rune-blade from his back sheathe, slowly dropping the sword into the portal. After this was done, the portal quickly closed, showing no trace of any presence of it being there.
"She doesn't talk much" Said Coris sitting at his usual table listening to the most intriguing story between two drunks. "I could almost ask the same to you good friend" Coris said with a smile.
Arianna looked up from her drink, ears twitching at the sound of the night elf’s voice. It was the smooth accent of Darnassian, and yet it sounded deep and hollow; likely the result of the cold air about his presence. Undoubtedly, this man was a death knight. She wondered for a moment just how old the man was, but realized that no matter the age, it would greatly surpass her own. She had lived with the night elves long enough to know that youthful appearances meant nothing to their aging process, and this night elf seemed to seep age from himself. He was likely born before any of her ancestors had even come to be.

He’s asked her a question, and she supposed she ought to get around to answering it. ”A bit of this, and a bit of that.” She growled. Then again, she growled everything now-a-days; it was just how her voice was. Everything had become different with the change, and even still –so many months later- she was still coping with the changes. Life would never be the same and she had quickly come to accept that, but it didn’t mean she had to be happy about it. ”I had been... gathering herbs.” She replied finally. It was partially the truth, but, in honesty, there was more to it than that; she had been completing various tasks for people. Some of the items they had wanted her to bring them were in the area. ... Somewhere.

Since the other worgen had asked the night elf what he was doing at the tavern, she didn’t feel a need to sour the air with her gravelly voice.
Manjoni stands from the table, sending a quick goodbye wave to his worgen friend at the table. He slowly creaks his way over to the hearty worgen man.

He took a seat on the other side of the table. "Well then, I'm here on Ebon Blade Business, and I just like these Forsaken sometimes. I get to know, somewhere in this world, someone is more screwed than I am." Manjoni said.
"Haha, I sometimes wonder if someone is off worst then I am, I am just here on a mission by the priests of the light" says Coris who obviously hates what he has to do. "Would you like a drink its on me" asked Coris with a wolfish grin.
"Already got my Pinot Noir, but sure." he responded.
"Barkeep, another glass please" shouted Coris

"Coming up" told the barkeeper. "So what buisness are you on with the Ebon Hand" asked Coris who is very interested in knowing.
"Open up your mouth a little, hun," Xeri said, her voice much smoother than the other Worgen's. "If you keep it closed like this, it will sound like a growl," she demonstrated the differance. She came to sit over on a table, she seemed to very much dislike chairs, if not be a little tall for them, near the others. She looked at Coris. "And what exactly is the mission that the oh-so-righteous priests have sent you on, dear?" she asked, her hatred for the Light quite clear in her tone.

((She adresses everyone like that, just sayin))
Flikz reaches a hand towards the door, absent-mindedly pushing it open and step into the bar, He is wearing his favourite Blue outfit, with brightly glowing shoulder guards and a couple plates slowly and magically levitating up and down, upon closer inspection one would notice the slight frost slowly falling off of them..

As he steps into the establishment jovially humming the melody to "Pour some sugar on me" his auburn hair bouncing as he gets into the song a little bit, he catches himself and clears his throat embarrassedly and steps up to the bar ordering a glass of Junglevine Wine. Upon receiving his drink and passing a some coins to the barkeep, With a few extra for the good service Flikz took a sip of his wine and glanced around the bar with a smile on his face
"I am sorry but the mission I am on is to soon go on a mission with my good friends so I wont be here too long" he said longing to stay here. Coris hated fighting, it was against him even if he was a Worgen now he found fighting was not a good solution fixer. "I see you have something important to do here as well, if you could would you mind telling me I have some more time to kill"
As the night elf walked away, the worgen shrugged her shoulders and turned to the warm meal placed in front of her. A steaming stew broth; the scent of marinated beef caused her stomach to rumble, and she wasted no time picking up her spoon and working at it. In her opinion, eating it from the bowl would’ve been faster, and felt more natural, however society’s rules dictated she be the epiphany of politeness. By now she had perfected the art of using a spoon with claws, though it was much messier than eating without any utensils at all. She was actually on the verge of just giving up and burying her muzzle into the stew when another worgen approached her.

It seemed like every other worgen’s voice was nicer than her own, though she knew that couldn’t be the case; it was all in her head. “Open your mouth a little, hun.” She told her, and Arianna glanced over to the worgen.
”Ookie.” She replied, giving the name she now went by.
“If you keep it closed like this, it will sound like a growl.” That was the problem, though; it wasn’t as though she were mumbling everything, she did open her mouth to talk. She simply did not enjoy the sound of her voice. A grunt was her response.
”You can’t fix the gravelly sound of my voice, just as you can’t fix yours.” She told her, glancing at the other worgen, her own ears pulled back slightly.

Lifting her head, she sniffed curiously as a blood elf sauntered in. She had no personal qualms with those elves, however the fact that they were the friends of her enemies was enough for her to not like them. A snort left her nose, and her golden eyes narrowed dangerously. Ever so faintly, a resonating growl echoed in her chest.
"You talkin' to me?" she asked, looking to Coris. She held up a hand as the other female spoke. She raised an eyebrow at Ookie. "I can't, but you can. Come on, hun, you're not feral anymore. Think as though you're a human, you'll be surprised how much your thinking affects your body." A slight smirk tugged her lips. "Trust me, I know," she finished. As a Warlock, she worked by manipulating other's thoughts, and therefore their actions.

She looked over to the Blood Elf as he came in. "Well someone's in a good mood," she said with an almost amiable tone. From the corner of her eye, she saw Ookie, and could just make out the growl. She leaned down a little. "Don't worry about him, dear. There isn't much of a Blood Elf to eat," she whispered, obviously joking.
"Gesundheit" Responded Flikz as the Worgen snorted when he walked by, knowing it was a snort and a growl but taking them for a sneeze, After all, his long ears were more than just for good looks.

Chuckling to himself at overhearing Xerideas comment he thought for a second about wether he should reply to that comment, Then with all caution thrown to the wind he said with a chuckle "And what is there.. is nearly frozen" at the same time he held a hand up for them to see and if you looked, You could see the ice just start building up down his fingertips, Then with a grin it vanished in the blink of an eye.

"Good mood you say? Why WOULDN'T one be in a good mood? Dont tell me your one of those people who walks around thinking about how truly horrible this world is.. Light no.. Gorgeous day, Obviously friendly company he said with a grin and a look toward Ookamii.. But best of all, Great Wine!!" He said laughing "Where would we be without great wine? Am I Right my Blue skinned brother?" he said looking over at the Night elf drinking his Pinot Noir.
Coris thought to himself. This was no ordinary mage something seemed very wrong. Instead he gave a curtious nod to him saying "Glad your in a good mood, not alot of people are these days" said Coris. Eyeing what he saw was his arm but did he really see 'ice' run down his fingertips. 'Must be my imagination' Coris thought
"Ookie was it" asked Coris ignoring the warlock. He thought he remembered that name from somewhere but pushed it to the back of his mind for the time being. "I really like being a Worgen really, its like having a second body, Light knows I need this over my human body" declared Coris. After drinking more of his wine he sat there listening to the two drunks and their story again.