Can't DL/Connect (Students Pt. 4)

Technical Support
Post Limit:
1 2 3 29 Next
Not bugging blizz, just for people who are still having the problem and want to know what's up. Link to last, most productive thread.
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6470967209?page=1
Checking in.
Morning folks.
Bumping before class, lets get this fixed!
09/06/2012 06:48 AMPosted by Glitterstorm
Bumping before class, lets get this fixed!

yep same here
As most of us are finding out the flaws with our campus/town/base connection that is not allowing the current incarnation of WoW connectivity to not work, will Blizzard announce a fix to help us play more stable in the mean time?

I am glad my school let me use hotspot shield, but having a sporadic connection isn't always the best; I am thankful tho.
So, is it confirmed that Blizz is working on a fix on their end?
It would be nice just to hear updates from them.
There was a post in the last thread that stated someone had called blizz and asked about our problem. The Blizz CS agent replied that they're aware and hope to have it fixed by next Tuesday.
well, i would honestly like alittle more confirmed answe than that...but ohwell...hopefully that is the truth.
Number 4, holy !@#$
Merced CA checking in! hopefully they will have an answer for us soon.
Hello again all. Checking in from MSU.
I'll just say again that I'm from South Dakota State University (SDSU, not to be confused with the SDSU in San Diego), since I seem to be a pretty popular guy (what was it, 4 people in the vicinity?).

And of course, "next Tuesday" is also a saying for when every problem will get fixed.
In case the EU guys figured out temporary solutions, here is the link to their first thread:

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/5207772422?page=1

(Note that they extended the post cap for their thread, and the sequel thread)
Checking in from OWU on behalf of at least 3 others on this campus and myself all experiencing this issue. Hopefully that Blizzard rep that allegedly said this might be fixed by Tuesday is right.
My IT dept responded to me with lots of passion hehehehe...

"This is not a peer to peer issue. We do NOT open ports for inbound traffic that is not specific to university business. We do allow ALL traffic that is either outbound or return from outbound traffic. This is for the protection of the univwersity as a whole. University networks are attacked notoriously by those looking to harvest personal information. IT is these attacks that we have to mitigate and they take on a higher priority than gameas. If you would like to see how many breaches of personal data occur on university networks please look at www.privacyrights.org"

Blizz, this is the 3rd time I've asked them (2 times in person, 1 via the internet) and every time they say this same thing. Just because some universities have more relaxed IT depts does not mean we all do. Please bring a fix so we can continue to play!

"This is not a peer to peer issue. We do NOT open ports for inbound traffic that is not specific to university business. We do allow ALL traffic that is either outbound or return from outbound traffic. This is for the protection of the univwersity as a whole. University networks are attacked notoriously by those looking to harvest personal information. IT is these attacks that we have to mitigate and they take on a higher priority than gameas. If you would like to see how many breaches of personal data occur on university networks please look at www.privacyrights.org"

Blizz, this is the 3rd time I've asked them (2 times in person, 1 via the internet) and every time they say this same thing. Just because some universities have more relaxed IT depts does not mean we all do. Please bring a fix so we can continue to play!

How about go in and be like "Uh hey I'm not spending thousands of dollars on pencils, I wanna be able to play my dang game." You're essentially paying them.

How about go in and be like "Uh hey I'm not spending thousands of dollars on pencils, I wanna be able to play my dang game." You're essentially paying them.

it's not the college's problem, nor there job to fix it.. and no, we don't pay them thousands of dollars to use there internet to play world of warcraft.. we pay them thousands of dollars to get a quality education beyond highschool.. i would love to play wow just as much as the next guy, but it's not my college's job to fix what blizzard !@#$ed up, so i'm not going to ask that of them. At this point it just pathetic that blizzard has not found a fix or openly addressed anything other than "we know it's messed up". Every single person that is having this problem should be compensated for their lost time and frustration.
What are you doing on page 2, little thread? After all, we know this is a wide spread problem, and people coming to the forums to report it aren't going to look past the first page.