Can't DL/Connect (Students Pt. 4)

Technical Support
Prev 1 5 6 7 29 Next
I just wanted to say that I got banned for the past 18 hours after using "Smooth Ping". It was accidental and obviously resolved, I just wanted to warn people. A lot of bots use software like that, so their automatic system can easily flag you. I know it's bad etiquette to talk about bans (to any watching mods), just wanted to create less work for your customer service department.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1772571793?page=1#4
Here's a blue post about it not being against TOS

edit: not banned as in temporary ban, ban as in permanent ban, couldn't even access my wow account.

THanks for that! I know several people were worried about using them.
Oh and before I go and buy Hotspot. Does anyone have suggestions, on whether hotspot or smooth is better?
I want to figure out why my roommate can log in fine, but I cant log in at all.

Keeps d/cing me at the log in screen before it figures out if my pw or authenticater is right
Hoping and praying it's fixed tomorrow!
I didn't have any luck with hotspot, but smooth ping is sort of designed with WoW in mind. Its original intent was to reduce latency for pvp players.

But if both were able to work for you, I would say either is fine. For sake of quickness, payment for smooth ping takes a couple days to go through (paypal), not sure about hotspot
Hey Jaime, I don't know what is happening,
yesterday at night I was able to play normal, played untill 5 am
now today I'm trying to log in, and I can't again.
It could be something that makes wow flag like a p2p, or even a person using bit torrent that makes the port be blocked.
could be addons, I don't know what is happening. probably somebody in the university is using bit torrent, and when he uses it, wow gets blocked, when he doesn't, wow is allowed
I'm gathering some data so we can look further into this issue. Can you guys provide the following info:

What realm are you attempting to connect to?

Around what time are you attempting to connect?

What time zone are you in?
If you can't find a solution to your issue, feel free to contact a Support Representative directly for further assistance. Their contact information can be found at the following link: http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company/about/contact.html

I'm available on the forums Monday through Friday from 11AM to 8PM Pacific Time
I'm gathering some data so we can look further into this issue. Can you guys provide the following info:

What realm are you attempting to connect to?

Around what time are you attempting to connect?

What time zone are you in?
If you can't find a solution to your issue, feel free to contact a Support Representative directly for further assistance. Their contact information can be found at the following link: http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company/about/contact.html

I'm available on the forums Monday through Friday from 11AM to 8PM Pacific Time

I am attempting to connect to the server Darrowmere
I am trying to connect at all times of the day
I am in the EST time zone.
Destromath
All times of the day
I am in the pst
Moonruner/Wyrmrest Accord
All day everyday
CT(-6:00)
Kargath/Ner'zhul
All times of the day
EST
Moon Gaurd/Maiev
All times of the day
CST (GMT -5:00)
Frostmourne
All times of the day
EST
Azuremyst and Moon Guard
Mostly in the evening
MST
Spinebreaker
All times
Eastern Standard
Bleeding Hollow
Usually Evenings
Central Standard
I didn't have any luck with hotspot, but smooth ping is sort of designed with WoW in mind. Its original intent was to reduce latency for pvp players.

But if both were able to work for you, I would say either is fine. For sake of quickness, payment for smooth ping takes a couple days to go through (paypal), not sure about hotspot

You can get Hotspot for free. I don't know what all of this talk about buying it is.
Nesingwary
All times of the day
CST
Zul'Jin
All the time
MST