Minor Inscription Research

Professions
Back in Wrath my scribe quit doing minor inscription research when all she was getting was low level scrolls. With 5.04 she started again but today got scrolls instead of a new minor glyph. Checking her list, I see she is still missing several minor glyphs. Is the scroll result just a random chance? She has already learned all the inscriptions the trainers offer so where to learn the missing minor ones ...?
I learned a major glyph from minor research. :<
I am fairly certain that some new glyphs will be coming with the expansion. It looks like we have to wait a month. Not certain mind you, but it makes sense. All the changes to professions aren't in the game as yet.
I did not learn any minor glpyhs on beta from minor research.

I did learn quite a few minor glyphs from scroll of wisdom.
With the patch, I learned nothing new with minor inscription research. I have learned a few new Northrend Research glyphs (likely Books of Glyph Mastery).

Assume additional glyphs in Mists will all require creating Scrolls of Wisdom to learn.
According to the new Ackis Research List, if you learned all the minor research glyphs prior to the patch there are none to learn now. Not same for Northrend research, though.
Back to my original question, post patch 5.04 my scribe was once again able to learn new (to her) minor glyphs from Minor Inscription Research. This lasted perhaps 4 days, then the last three times she did this, all she got was low level scrolls (ie scroll of wisdom II). Comparing the list of minor glyphs available to classes against those she knows, she is still missing quite a few that are supposedly available via Minor Inscription Research. Am I wasting time and inks doing this research or are just scrolls a random outcome of the research rather than an indicator that is nothing more to learn?
09/04/2012 12:34 PMPosted by Symardai
Back to my original question, post patch 5.04 my scribe was once again able to learn new (to her) minor glyphs from Minor Inscription Research. This lasted perhaps 4 days, then the last three times she did this, all she got was low level scrolls (ie scroll of wisdom II). Comparing the list of minor glyphs available to classes against those she knows, she is still missing quite a few that are supposedly available via Minor Inscription Research. Am I wasting time and inks doing this research or are just scrolls a random outcome of the research rather than an indicator that is nothing more to learn?

The odds are, you just missed those 3 or 4 that you got since the patch.

As Igraine said, download Ackis (which you can find here: http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info8512-AckisRecipeList.html) and check it. It'll tell you whether or not you're really missing anything from Minor Inscription Research.

If you're really missing some Minor glyphs, and doing Minor research doesn't reveal them, then try asking in the Customer Support forum, or filing a GM ticket from inside the game.
So, i checked out Ackis List and i have to agree it is helpful BUT - none of the minor glyph recipes are listed there....all i see are major glyph recipes which can be acquired thru northrend research or books. I have done minor glyph research on my priest for the past couple days without learning anything at all. I know for sure that i don't have all the minor glyph ones learned yet. So what's the deal with that? I submitted a ticket to Blizz and was told to check the forum...yeah...not helping....
I am having the same issue on my scribe. Did you ever manage to find out if you have more to learn from minor inscription, or if you have learned everything that particular research provides?
I am having the same issue on my scribe. Did you ever manage to find out if you have more to learn from minor inscription, or if you have learned everything that particular research provides?

You did not post on your scribe:( I would have had a look at your professions tab.
Some of the minors were learned through the Books of Glyph Mastery so they will probably be learned through the Northrend Inscription research>