Moonfarespam: The Moonkin PvE Guide (5.2)

Druid
Post Limit:
Prev 1 16 17 18 26 Next
I've noticed that you mostly prefer the defensive benefits from Symbiosis gained from various classes, but why not instead link up with a Mage for the Mirror Image to sync up with your multiple cd's? If I remember correctly the MI cd is 3min, the same as most of our other ones so what's wrong in using that?
11/22/2012 09:10 AMPosted by Smaragdus
I've noticed that you mostly prefer the defensive benefits from Symbiosis gained from various classes, but why not instead link up with a Mage for the Mirror Image to sync up with your multiple cd's? If I remember correctly the MI cd is 3min, the same as most of our other ones so what's wrong in using that?

There is nothing wrong with it, per se, but keep in mind images aren't a damage CD, they're a threat wipe. I don't have issues with threat with my tanks, so I find damage reduction more valuable. If you do have threat issues, especially on the pull, images can be a good choice.
11/22/2012 09:10 AMPosted by Smaragdus
If I remember correctly the MI cd is 3min, the same as most of our other ones so what's wrong in using that?

It also costs a GCD alongside doing roughly 0 dps (exaggeration but you get the point). You will likely get more DPS ignoring MI either completely or using it after your CDs end but I'd rather keep flowing through eclipses at that point.

There's nothing wrong with it, it's just...not as good as it would seem.
11/22/2012 11:41 AMPosted by Daggy
It also costs a GCD alongside doing roughly 0 dps (exaggeration but you get the point).

3000 damage per GCD
It's a loss of 3000 DPS compared to a Non-Eclipsed MF/SnF
My mistake then, I was under the impression that they were a offensive cd... >.<
My mistake then, I was under the impression that they were a offensive cd... >.<

There were once many a Boomkin who thunk Mirror Mages twas "the best choice,"

(Even though Warriors granted RECKLESSNESS [50% for 12sec] before Beta testing allowed Symbiosis). Twas pandemonium in pandaland
11/22/2012 11:41 AMPosted by Daggy
It also costs a GCD alongside doing roughly 0 dps (exaggeration but you get the point). You will likely get more DPS ignoring MI either completely or using it after your CDs end but I'd rather keep flowing through eclipses at that point.

At the very beginning of this tier, when I outgeared our tanks, I did have a few threat problems. Especially on a fight like stone guard, where I'd pop starfall off the bat, so I was taking MI.

If you are going to take it, the way you do it is before combat. Tanks does a 3-2-1 countdown. At 2 I pop MI, and 1 I pre-pot, then starfall. That way, no GCDs eaten during combat and you can open up full force right off the bat.

Like I said before, it's not an issue anymore though, and it's only useful once during the fight, because by the time you're ready to use your CDs again, your tanks should have a 90%+ threat lead on you. Damage reduction or mobility are much better options.
One thing that was mentioned was to take dk or rogue symbiosis on Imperial Vizier Zor'lok, however all of his high damage phases do physical damage, meaning those cooldowns would be ineffective.
11/24/2012 06:44 AMPosted by Strawsa
One thing that was mentioned was to take dk or rogue symbiosis on Imperial Vizier Zor'lok, however all of his high damage phases do physical damage, meaning those cooldowns would be ineffective.
You take Unending Resolve on Zor'lok. And the reason for this is that you can pop Barkskin, Resolve, and a self-Rejuv and not have to move at all for one attenuation phase(preferably one where you are burning through your cds).

I don't know if this works for heroic but it definitely works for normal.
I just got 4p so 3706 haste is the way to go?

and a question about stat priority at 4p

15% Spell Hit> Haste 3706 > Crit > Mastery
or
15% Spell Hit> Haste 3706 > Crit > Haste

btw can anyone check my armory if i did sth wrong

Thx
11/24/2012 10:42 AMPosted by Xexjud

Depending on the encounter, you'll want more Mastery (heavy multi-dot) or more Haste (signle-target)
I just got 4p so 3706 haste is the way to go?

and a question about stat priority at 4p

15% Spell Hit> Haste 3706 > Crit > Mastery
or

btw can anyone check my armory if i did sth wrong

Thx

For the moment yeah, stick to the 3706 breakpoint (if that's the highest one you can attain), and once you get to around ~490 ilvl, reforge/regem to the 8089 breakpoint. It should be a noticeable boost, a few people like to advocate additional crit over the haste, but on paper the breakpoint pulls out ahead.
With 5.1 around the corner I had something on my mind: upgrades. I know weapons are the best thing to upgrade but I find myself in kind of a dilemma. I have the mace off Will, and the LFR version of the empress mace. I'm not quite sure which one to upgrade. I feel that unfortunately my group won't be killing empress anytime soon, and I'm close to my sha-touched gem. Would it be best for me to just upgrade the LFR mace, and stick the gem in it when the time comes, or should I just call it a day and upgrade my mace from Will of the Emperor?
11/27/2012 09:43 AMPosted by Prunefgt
With 5.1 around the corner I had something on my mind: upgrades. I know weapons are the best thing to upgrade but I find myself in kind of a dilemma. I have the mace off Will, and the LFR version of the empress mace. I'm not quite sure which one to upgrade. I feel that unfortunately my group won't be killing empress anytime soon, and I'm close to my sha-touched gem. Would it be best for me to just upgrade the LFR mace, and stick the gem in it when the time comes, or should I just call it a day and upgrade my mace from Will of the Emperor?

So long as you keep capping each week,

Weapon > Chest|Helm|Legs > Gloves|Shoulders|Waist|Feet > Back|Bracers|Necklace|Ring1|Ring2 > Trinket1|Trinket2

the budget of an item makes the difference. (this is from the top of my head, some data might be wrong)
11/27/2012 09:43 AMPosted by Prunefgt
Would it be best for me to just upgrade the LFR mace, and stick the gem in it when the time comes, or should I just call it a day and upgrade my mace from Will of the Emperor

It's only a 6 ilvl difference between them, which means a roughly 30 int difference, and some other small amount of other stats. Plus, Kri'tak, Imperial Scepter of the Swarm is crit/spirit while Tihan, Scepter of the Sleeping Emperor is mastery/spirit (always helps to provide links, or at the very least, item names, when looking for help). Add in the extra 500 int you'll get from the legendary gem, and it seems to be pretty much a no brainer to go with Kri'tak. Of course, until you DO get the gem, Tihan will be better (I think -- that huge chunk of crit might make a difference). But I wouldn't waste valor upgrading it.

Also, Kri'tak upgraded is better than Tihan not upgraded, so also might be worth upgrading it now and just using it.
I'm sorry if this has been discussed already, but is there an addon for Moonkins to help keep tracks of DoTs on multiple targets? Thanks.
11/30/2012 10:21 PMPosted by Gretçhen
I'm sorry if this has been discussed already, but is there an addon for Moonkins to help keep tracks of DoTs on multiple targets? Thanks.

ForteXorsist - Spell Timer module
11/24/2012 09:12 AMPosted by Tagartou
You take Unending Resolve on Zor'lok. And the reason for this is that you can pop Barkskin, Resolve, and a self-Rejuv and not have to move at all for one attenuation phase(preferably one where you are burning through your cds).

I don't know if this works for heroic but it definitely works for normal.

My point was that the recommendation is wrong. Taking Cloak of Shadows or Anti-magic Shell would be a mistake.
My point was that the recommendation is wrong. Taking Cloak of Shadows or Anti-magic Shell would be a mistake.

Yep thanks. Early on I didn't realize it was all physical damage. There are a few things I haven't gotten around to updating.
What is everyone's personal approach to Mel'jarak? I'm in a 10m and we're still on normal. I've attempted this encounter doing multiple strategies but still find myself near the bottom of the charts on DPS. I'm usually top on most fights, so I'm wondering if anyone has some insight on what's the best way to do this fight is.

Btw, I am designated to keep an add cc'd =/