Moonfarespam: The Moonkin PvE Guide (5.2)

Druid
Prev 1 21 22 23 26 Next
Ill see if I can get an LFR staff then. Also are there guidesto setup weakauras or raven?

There probably are, both on youtube an written guides. I'd do a quick search. But also feel free to ask here about anything in particular you're trying to do and can't get. I use both pretty extensively.
Well to be honest I am not sure what raven does. I figured out how to use weak auras just now. BTW what does your UI look like for Pandaria raids?
01/21/2013 03:29 PMPosted by Landau
Well to be honest I am not sure what raven does. I figured out how to use weak auras just now. BTW what does your UI look like for Pandaria raids?

It looks like AWESOME.

I'll see if I can record some LFR action and throw something up on youtube tonght.

edit: Actually, I remembered I hate LFR with a burning passion. You can see what it more or less looks like here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sf0iwiVrJng

I also found a recording of our first elegon kill that I'm uploading. It's kind of embarrassing, but whatevs. It's old. I was young and inexperienced!
01/21/2013 03:48 PMPosted by Eluial

It looks like AWESOME.

I'll see if I can record some LFR action and throw something up on youtube tonght.
thanks that would be nice.
Uploading an elegon video here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWsZPQEw0V8&feature=youtu.be

As of posting this it says 58 minutes remaining. Then it will probably take a little longer for it to convert to HD and stuff. But just wanted to post this cause I need to head out soon.

Anyway, the kill is nothing special our first or second normal kill (recorded on 10/21), so I make a lot of silly mistakes and DPS numbers are low. Feel free to laugh :P But it does illustrate almost all aspects of my UI.

Here's a picture showing what's Raven and what's WA, at least for most of the stuff.
http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd105/perturbedpenguin/UIindicator_zpseef92a4d.jpg

Sorry photobucket is a POS and severely reduces the quality of the image.

As of posting this it says 58 minutes remaining. Then it will probably take a little longer for it to convert to HD and stuff. But just wanted to post this cause I need to head out soon.

Anyway, the kill is nothing special our first or second normal kill (recorded on 10/21), so I make a lot of silly mistakes and DPS numbers are low. Feel free to laugh :P But it does illustrate almost all aspects of my UI.

Here's a picture showing what's Raven and what's WA, at least for most of the stuff.
http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd105/perturbedpenguin/UIindicator_zpseef92a4d.jpg

Sorry photobucket is a POS and severely reduces the quality of the image.
God I love your UI I wish I could figure out how to set it up lol. Also whats your opinion aout the sha touched staff instead of the MH OH?
01/22/2013 11:40 AMPosted by Landau
God I love your UI I wish I could figure out how to set it up lol. Also whats your opinion aout the sha touched staff instead of the MH OH?

MH/OH is better. Staff can be easier to get (considering you only need one drop to make it work -- stupid tornado summoning censor... grumblehateitgrumble).

There's a link in that video where you can download my UI. It's not totally updated but it's more or less all there. I'll probably do a full update of it when 5.2 rolls around. It's just a bit of a pain to do it frequently.
01/22/2013 11:44 AMPosted by Eluial

MH/OH is better. Staff can be easier to get (considering you only need one drop to make it work -- stupid tornado summoning censor... grumblehateitgrumble).

There's a link in that video where you can download my UI. It's not totally updated but it's more or less all there. I'll probably do a full update of it when 5.2 rolls around. It's just a bit of a pain to do it frequently.
ok ill do that then thanks. Cyous said that the staff was better in general.

No, what he said was:
If you know you will get a better weapon soon, hold onto your gem. The difference is a small amount, so don't beat yourself up over it. In addition, the Lei Shi staff only needs to be upgraded twice, while the MH/OH must be upgraded 4 times to achieve the same results.

Which is a far cry from saying that the staff is better.
01/22/2013 05:23 PMPosted by Eluial

No, what he said was:
If you know you will get a better weapon soon, hold onto your gem. The difference is a small amount, so don't beat yourself up over it. In addition, the Lei Shi staff only needs to be upgraded twice, while the MH/OH must be upgraded 4 times to achieve the same results.

Just to reiterate, MH/OH is better, confirming. Even with only 2 of 4 upgrades, the MH/OH combo is superior to the staff, but by a very small amount. Either weapon is a good choice, but MH/OH is preferable.
01/22/2013 06:09 PMPosted by Cyous

No, what he said was:

Just to reiterate, MH/OH is better, confirming. Even with only 2 of 4 upgrades, the MH/OH combo is superior to the staff, but by a very small amount. Either weapon is a good choice, but MH/OH is preferable.
Ah ok got it. I think I would go with the staff then because it would be easier to get.
Do you think Nightfire Robe would be worth buying at this point? I'm not in a raiding position in my guild and can't see my self doing any kind of raid besides LFR. I'd lose ~400 haste but I'd gain ~200 intel and 2 blue sockets.

It's on AH for 12k.
I would ask... is NOT buying the nightfire robe going to render you from progressing?

If the answer is yes dont bother buying it, were almost 2-3 weeks from 5.2 save your gold for that.

If the answer is no, your not going to progress if you dont have that item, the nightfire robe will yield more stats for you.

Reguardless you should be running randoms out the behind getting that JP and upgrading all your blue items, it will very much help you.
I would recommend not buying it. Throne of Thunder will be out relatively soon. You'll eventually get something better in LFR.

However, if gold is not an issue you should buy it. Given your situation, it doesn't make much difference in the long run.
Thank you very much. This was very informative for me. Will certainly give some suggestions a try.
Oh my goodness, what an improvement. Made a few changes in spec and equipment and what a difference. I just reforged some of my equipment instead of replaceing, but using your guide did the trick. Thank you so much for this post. I still need to work on skills, but some things are just apt to remain limited. :) thanks

How is it that you got a Starsurge crit on like literally Every. Damn. Spark.

Also @ Cyous, is the Shooting Stars gcd reset thingy only for Starsurge? Now that I've been paying closer attention to it, it doesn't happen for dots when I'm spreading them.
01/29/2013 05:37 PMPosted by Fidofilly
Oh my goodness, what an improvement. Made a few changes in spec and equipment and what a difference. I just reforged some of my equipment instead of replaceing, but using your guide did the trick. Thank you so much for this post. I still need to work on skills, but some things are just apt to remain limited. :) thanks

Yay! Feel free to ask any specific questions you have.

01/30/2013 03:12 AMPosted by Velaniz
How is it that you got a Starsurge crit on like literally Every. Damn. Spark.

Did I? lol. That was so long ago, too, with crap gear.

01/30/2013 03:12 AMPosted by Velaniz
Also @ Cyous, is the Shooting Stars gcd reset thingy only for Starsurge? Now that I've been paying closer attention to it, it doesn't happen for dots when I'm spreading them.

I've actually been wondering the same thing -- I can't quite seem to figure out its behavior. I mean, I know it definitely resets its own GCD, because I often fire back to back SS without meaning to (which is really annoying when I meant to only fire one, then refresh dots). But other than that, I just don't know.
only SS
i think Eclipse resets the GCD as well, but that's harder to test
only SS
i think Eclipse resets the GCD as well, but that's harder to test

Wait, so if it only resets its own GCD, then my point from before about it never being worth it to clip a wrath because of the GCD stands.
01/30/2013 12:27 PMPosted by Eluial
Wait, so if it only resets its own GCD, then my point from before about it never being worth it to clip a wrath because of the GCD stands.

How so? You're casting Starsurge either way.