100% drop rate on rag mount

General Discussion
Is it an official change or is it a bug? It shows on the armory that the Smolder Egg of Millagazor has a Guaranteed drop rate on normal. I'm not trying to start a debate on whether or not it's a reasonable change, i'm just curious if this official then. The reason i ask at all is because... why on a Sunday? Why would they make an official change THIS big on a Sunday?
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/item/69224

Yeah it's 100%. What's going on??
It seems like the only ones upset are the ones who commit to raiding heroic content. I don't see any normal posters upset by this.

That said, intentional or no. I like this change. It gives casual players a reason to want to go to Firelands. inb4 incoherent rant about gw2 or something.
It's a slap in the face they might as well keep it on a 100% for the rest of the game and the mount is a joke now. They should put invincible and mims head on a 100% droprate now to make it fair. I used to think there was a reason that an endgame mount was offered for doing endgame content but apparently it's just a joke to blizzard.
As a Raid Leader I hope they keep this change.

I feel bad for those who did heroic solely for the chance at this mount, but that doesn't change the fact that this is a good change for what is honestly a rather lackluster instance. This gives raiders a reason to go run Firelands from here on out, and that's a good thing.

If anyone asks, simply respond that you got it back when it was difficult.
This is already been posted several times in the bug forums. Blue post has stated "thank you for reporting this we are looking into it"

which to me, seems like it is not suppose to be 100%.
You act as if it is a cakewalk to get now.

I'd understand complaining if it was the 25th, but the level cap is still 85. Firelands is still current content.
Not ok with this change. =/
It seems like the only ones upset are the ones who commit to raiding heroic content. I don't see any normal posters upset by this.

That said, intentional or no. I like this change. It gives casual players a reason to want to go to Firelands. inb4 incoherent rant about gw2 or something.

Putting a mount @ 100% should not be an incentive for casual players to want to go into FL, they should want to go in to see the content or for the fun of it. I'm annoyed due to the fact of how many wipes I've put in, on both normal and Heroic back at content and the mount is now 100% drop for everyone.
09/03/2012 03:30 PMPosted by Walls
but that doesn't change the fact that this is a good change for what is honestly a rather lackluster instance.

Wait.

Did you just call FL Lackluster?

Firelands is all around one of the best designed instances ever. It's not -perfect-, but on both normal and herioc all the fights were interesting and rewarding to beat. The only thing bad about it was trash and, as someone else said, Domo being pretty lame in general.

Herioc Rag especially was an -amazingly- fun and challenging fight. The people who managed to best it absolutely deserve having something to show for it, and I question the sanity of anyone who says herioc rag is lackluster in any way.
09/03/2012 04:10 PMPosted by Hallinton
Did you just call FL Lackluster?

It's his opinion. I know people who REALLY dislike Ulduar, which is WAY better than any raid instance to date.

Even I think Firelands was kinda... meh... I'm not a big fan of fiery areas in general, though.
There's no way this is intentional, if it was, why is it the only one increased to 100%? Why not talon of altysrazor? Or experiment 42-b? Also, why would they nerf it to 1% in MoP on heroic if they did this? Keeping it 100% in heroic in MoP is nearly the same difficulty as 100% from normal now. I do hope they fix it tomorrow since A. It's still "easy" to obtain right now, if you really wanted it you should've been spending last few months farming 100k gold to buy it. B. if its not nerfed soon it will become the next bronze drake. C. Corrupted firehawk is so easy to get with open raid. Just requires a bit of time.
And stop complaining... Seriously. You sound like children. Why should you be the only ones to have pretty things? And further, what difference does it make? There were already people selling heroic carries + mount, so there were alREADY people who 'don't deserve it' getting it.

I'm sorry to hear that your snowflake melted /pat.

Could have facerolled your way to the purple meta in MoP.

But keep being dumb. That's cool too.
There has been a blue post on the topic in the bug forums:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6489879470?page=22

It IS a bug, anyone who got the mount post 5.0.4 will more than likely have it removed.
What annoys me about this is for one,

Blizzard is catering to the casuals who want and feel they deserve EVERYTHING in the game, if they had done the right thing it would have been dropped to a 1% drop rate last tuesday along with lifebinders handmaiden.

Casuals just want everything a hardcore raider/ pvper puts blood, sweat, and tears put in to get their title or mount. I got my firehawk off a openraid pug sometime around last month and feel dirty about getting it because frankly I feel I dont deserve it.

Next thing you know gladiator mounts from each season will be able to be bought with 4k honor points with the achievement and title to go with it...

Blizzards just emphasizing on the fact that cataclysm was a joke with this.
09/03/2012 04:43 PMPosted by Borrawin
Blizzards just emphasizing on the fact that cataclysm was a joke with this.

Except the part where it wasn't a deliberate change on Blizzard's part. and it's a thing called a bug.
09/03/2012 04:39 PMPosted by Flufykittens
And stop complaining... Seriously. You sound like children. Why should you be the only ones to have pretty things? And further, what difference does it make? There were already people selling heroic carries + mount, so there were alREADY people who 'don't deserve it' getting it.

Because if it was bought with gold OR through progression there was still a grind to getting it, and quite crying over having nothing to do until mop because your too lazy or too bad to run heroic mode.

Edit: Saw poster above me...have a nice time choosing one of your other mounts to use now that its going to be deleted.