Demo ripping pve a new one

Warlock
My demonology warlock has been doing insane dps since the new patch, so much I am beginning to feel guilty.

It's a rare cata/hot random heroic where I'm not in first place dps by between 3k and 10k over the nearest party member. In raid finder, I'm often in the top 7, which seems disproportionate to both my raiding skill or familiarity with the fights (near zero in both).

I had to remap my pre-5.0 rotation for 5.0 since half our spells vanished, but the spirit is the same: elements, corruptions, hand, meta, doom, meta, Bolt/soul based on procs. That plus smart CD use, lightweave, foul gift procing(massive mastery boost) amped versions on pet demons and terror guard are just leaving body piles all over the place.

I think I'll shut up now and enjoy it while it lasts.
09/08/2012 06:43 PMPosted by Bornawesome
It's a rare cata/hot random heroic where I'm not in first place dps by between 3k and 10k over the nearest party member.

Clearly I haven't been in a 5-man with you, then. :P

Just curious: what kind of numbers are you pulling? And on what fights?
I generally burst up to 80-100k dps single target in lfr due to starting fights with full fury. We still aren't anywhere close to firemages.
09/08/2012 08:36 PMPosted by Silverhatred
We still aren't anywhere close to firemages.

That's because we (or at least I) are 10-20k dps ahead of them.
You're comparing yourself to 5 mans and lfr. Not trying to bash, but its not a good comparison because you dont have to be "good" to be in those. If you can get into a normal or heroic ds then you can really start comparing your numbers to those around you.
None of your level 85 numbers really matter in the scope of things. Wait for MoP.
I understand for the sake of comparison 5mans and pugs aren't they way to go but I've noticed the same type of increase with warlock

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGS8re8cIVI&feature=youtube_gdata_player
I haven't been very impressed by it on primarily single target raid bosses sadly, at least compared with affliction. AoE on the other hand is pretty nice.
5-mans 30~40k but i think my rotation is all wrong.
I do 30-35k in raids as destro and like 15-20k as demo... I must be doing it wrong
I do about 30k on a dummy.

Destro.
We still aren't anywhere close to firemages.

Then you haven't raided with a good firemage yet.
09/09/2012 11:20 AMPosted by Silverhatred

Ok, then, lets compare numbers. How much DPS have you seen fire mages do, and on what fights?
It's kinda pointless to brag or be concerned about DPS now that the scaling for level 85 is completely broken in preparation for MoP and level 90.
09/09/2012 10:22 PMPosted by Sugärdäddy
i sustain 46k on a training dummy for over 15 min self buffed w/o potions and w/o a flask. you even lift bro ?

I'll do 42.5K for about 6 minutes until I run out of health and mana (where's my support healer?!). If I made some improvements to my rotation, I bet I could squeek out another 2K (but 4k would be tough).

Regardless, both are pretty close right now and both are pretty awesome. Aff is supposed to be better at 90. I wonder if Fire will fall behind Frost or Arcane?
09/09/2012 11:20 AMPosted by Silverhatred

If a mage is beating you, then you're doing it wrong bro
09/09/2012 10:22 PMPosted by Sugärdäddy
i sustain 46k on a training dummy for over 15 min self buffed w/o potions and w/o a flask. you even lift bro ?

Nobody cares about dummies.

09/09/2012 11:29 PMPosted by Karthus
117k on lfr madness as affliction :D does that count

LFR Madness DPS varies wildly depending on the competence of the rest of the raid.
My dps feels a lot higher than it should be too. My lock is still mostly (13/16) PvP gear still, because I'm currently transitioning him to be a raid alt. As demo, I'm pulling about 4-12k dps more than I do on my Warrior, which has the same ilvl as my lock, but full PvE as opposed to PvP. My Warrior is Fury, and I know Blizz is looking into buffing Fury, but still, that kind of disparity seems too wide to me. Hey, not complaining, I'll take being OP whenever I can, but in all fairness to "the truth," it does feel too high.