Best MoP hunter pve spec?

Hunter
Uh what?
Mogu'shan falls comes out on the release of Panda

Actually it comes out 1 week after the release (LFR is 2 weeks). The details are in this blue post:
http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/231213-mop-raid-releases-will-be-staggered/

The other raid instances don't open till October 30th though, which is 5 weeks after release.
Form waht I hvae seen, BM is staled to be the top dps spec rglhouy one mtonh in (amusnsig hot fxeis cmoe in snaadrtd tmie). As aalyws, ahnynitg can cnghae gnoig itno a new epnsaixon.

p.s. I wonder how many ppl could read that. should be around 80%
Have to admit that you got me on that, read it and didn't notice what you had done till your p.s. lol
One thing i have notice in the instances ( heroic ) is trash, plus on many boss's adds to burn. Been doing instance in SV, my dps is fine on single target, love Glaive strike, when it crits, well worth it, that is me, most bosses have adds BM aoe blows, but have noticed farming, single target, high burst with BM. So, when farming I try to use BM, instances SV, BUT... have noticed only on dummies a change, BM with a higher pull SV holding steady longer... go figure

PS: You an not test at an area that has several dummies, Lynx strike the pet will bounce around, need a single target area
Pull out a calculator and do simple math people, mastery is clearly the better stat for sv and bm, I was pullin more deeps than 95% of other hunters all through out DS and obviously I will continue to do so.

I've seen hundreds of forums, guides, and websites claim crit is better for sv but they never really say why. Believe me having 35% extra dmg of 97% of your attacks (not including auto shot) w/ 35% crit.....is much better than..... 25% extra dmg and 45% crit. Get a calculator and do the math.

Sure if you only got mastery and no crit or crit and no mastery then crit is better, but since they work in conjunction with each other a simple chart of 100 attacks and say 100 dmg and then do the math, mastery will always win
it all comes down to whether there will be adds or not. for example sha of anger, TONS of adds so survival since that's focused for aoe. now for boss fights that are single target that's where bm comes in hand, for example 2nd and 3rd bosses of mogushan vaults. when choosing the specs to use you have to know whether the fights will need aoe or single target.
You're probably going to need to be good at both. There will, I'm sure, be certain fights where BM just isn't viable (things like spine come to mind, not that SV was all that good on spine). I'd say play BM and have your SV offspec ready for the fights that BM isn't quite as good.

Wish MM had a buff/was made a little simpler. I didn't think they could make the rotation harder, but somehow they did.

I absolutely loved MM in heroic Ds. i was beating legendary rogues in several fights and was in the top 1% on many fights on worldoflogs. it was defiantly a bit harder to learn but once you got into the mindset of it you could dps for days. i think the biggest issue is that right now we have so many CD's to use in a rotation that we can easily have serpent sting fall off / steady shots.
What I'm noticing is that I suck at BM :) and that BM B-L-O-W-S compared to surv if its an AOE situation.
BM has the edge over SV. BM makes better use of mastery (increases your pets damage) i played sv up untill 90 when i switched to BM for MSV. A great guide to use is noxxic if your having trouble with dps
Its 100%. As long as the first and last letter are the same, the human brain is still able to rearrange it alone.
12/09/2012 03:19 AMPosted by Pokizero
Its 100%. As long as the first and last letter are the same, the human brain is still able to rearrange it alone.

Great way to necro an old post.
Only hero's go with the BM spec
whoever doesnt pick BM are gonna get killed so many times lol
This is just what I've seen and my opinion (as uneducated as it may be)

When trash is involved, I've seen that Survival is best due to Serpent Sting being spread throughout the mobs with multishot. Single target situations though, BM is best by a slight margin. BM has more raid utility though since you can offer a wider variety of buffs (if they are missing in 10 man) and the ability to rez downed players.

For LFR just stick with SV. For 10 man use SV for Stoneguard and trash, then switch to BM for the fights after that.

And always play what you have the most fun with. ;0)
I pull 140k dps at 514 ilvl as marksman... so all this hype about Survival and Bm is complete B.S your all a bunch of noxxic the toxxic lovers.

Wow gravedig much? Who are you even talking to?
09/28/2013 01:08 AMPosted by Wienerhead
I pull 140k dps at 514 ilvl as marksman... so all this hype about Survival and Bm is complete B.S your all a bunch of noxxic the toxxic lovers.

Wow gravedig much? Who are you even talking to?

Meh, coulda been worse. Could have been a post back from early Cata / Wraith
i have just started into the hunter, so its interesting to say the least...
You'd have been better off reading the stickies than necroing this thread.
Which is a better dps spec for MoP?

Retribution or Protection?

Come on guys, tell me!!!1