Theramore scenario - requirements?

General Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6 16 Next
What Item level gear are we getting as a reward Nethaera???
Just to balance the very, very annoyed OP, I'm thrilled that this year's expansion launch event is a max-level scenario that will later be retooled for 90 instead of a one-time event. Everyone still gets to do it, and this way it ends up probably being less mind-numbingly boring than the previous expansion launch events.
There is a tabbard (alliance) or pet (horde) that you get as a reward for completing this, but as far as actual, other loot...no one really knows. It's likely, though, that it rewards LFR-level gear (384), since this is likely a drop from it: http://www.wowhead.com/item=90017/theramore-arcanists-hat
My biggest concern with scenarios in general is that classes that CAN heal will be EXPECTED to heal. Meaning, I foresee a lot of posts and complaints from people that are pure DPS classes who are frustrated that they're rolling in with hybrids like ele shaman and boomkins who either won't respec for the scenario to resto, or keep doing dps instead of stopping to heal the whole group.

I know scenarios are meant to be completed with three people of any class, but it just seems very unlikely that people will get over the idea that, "if you can heal you should heal."
You don't need healers to do scenarios... you can que up as any role and be perfectly fine.
Question.

Under the queue panel the Theramore event has an ilevel requirement of 353. I have an alt who is 85 but not that geared yet.

I can understand having an ilevel req for random groups. But let's say I have a couple friends to run with who don't mind carrying my undergeared alt. Can I do the scenario with less than 353 ilevel if it isn't a random group? I think for instances you have to fly to the dungeon to do this and I'm not sure if scenarios have an entrance or not.
So to get that item level, you can't even be a fresh 85 in quest and crafted greens. This already limited expansion event just got even more limited in potential audience. I highly urge Blizzard to remove the item level requirement (or lower it to 300 or something) so that more of their player base will get to participate.
09/14/2012 10:40 AMPosted by Boomshacka
There is a tabbard (alliance) or pet (horde) that you get as a reward for completing this, but as far as actual, other loot...no one really knows. It's likely, though, that it rewards LFR-level gear (384), since this is likely a drop from it: http://www.wowhead.com/item=90017/theramore-arcanists-hat

=( That's terrible..... how come last expac people got free epics and we get LFR??? but then again you are not who I asked.
09/14/2012 10:51 AMPosted by Tyburn
This already limited expansion event just got even more limited in potential audience.

It's not that hard to get to 353 ilvl, and the reason that is in place is because there is an actual difficulty to the scenario. It's not something you are just going to magically run in and faceroll the whole thing. You need gear. I've leveled ten 85s and got them all past the 353 ilvl requirement in two days minimum, getting loot and JP does not take a lot of time at all.
09/14/2012 10:54 AMPosted by Arhagon

=( That's terrible..... how come last expac people epics and we get LFR??? but then again you are not who I asked.

No matter what iLevel it drops, you'll replace it in 7 days anyway. It's not that big a deal, honestly.
09/14/2012 10:54 AMPosted by Arhagon

=( That's terrible..... how come last expac people epics and we get LFR??? but then again you are not who I asked.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1195204-Lvl-85-Theramore-s-Fall-Scenario-LOOT?p=18386263&viewfull=1#post18386263

There. Happy now?
So to get that item level, you can't even be a fresh 85 in quest and crafted greens. This already limited expansion event just got even more limited in potential audience. I highly urge Blizzard to remove the item level requirement (or lower it to 300 or something) so that more of their player base will get to participate.

takes 1 day to get to 353 now.
09/14/2012 10:45 AMPosted by Dawnsky
You don't need healers to do scenarios... you can que up as any role and be perfectly fine.

I understand that. But what happens if there is a wipe? And, I'm sure there will be wipes, and I'm sure some of them will be because players took damage that lowered them to 0. What happens in those situations when you have a mage and a rogue and a ele shaman, assuming the defensive cooldowns of all three have already been used? Now, if you'd replace the ele shaman with, say, a warlock, the group kind of gets frustrated with each other and moves on, but in the situation with the ele I KNOW for a FACT that there will be pure dps classes saying, "why didn't you heal me??"

I hope it's not a big deal...but I just know how people already are in LFG when the healer dies and I'm playing a hybrid class. They expect me to take over as healer because I have healing spells. But, I don't do that. It's not my job. I queued and am specced for DPS. Just because I CAN heal doesn't mean I'm GOING to heal. If the group wipes because of it that's fine with me, because I'm not the person that got the healer killed in the first place.
09/14/2012 10:56 AMPosted by Boomshacka

No matter what iLevel it drops, you'll replace it in 7 days anyway. It's not that big a deal, honestly.

Actaully depending on the epics sometimes I stayed with some gear for 3 or 4 levels.

353 is also the minimum ilvl to get into HoT's, which is usually a characters first goal once they hit 85. Keep in mind that with justice points you can purchase ilvl 397 gear, and you can get some of the best Justice points from running Cataclysm normal dungeons. The ilvl requirement is not unfair at this stage of the expansion.

Also keep in mind that this is not a limited time event. You will be able to run this scenario over and over at level 90, as long as you have over 425 ilvl (which is quest greens in MoP)
No, it's not that hard to get 353... but how many people will want to run undergeared guildies through stuff solely so that they can do this scenario? It won't make much difference in leveling to 86 to have 353 vs 316 or whatever... so the ONLY reason to do this is the scenario.

Doesn't affect me since I have 3 toons well past the 353 point, but sucks for someone who, for whatever reason, took a break without gearing their toons, comes back excited and is hit with this.
09/14/2012 10:57 AMPosted by Arhagon
takes 1 day to get to 353 now.

Can you explain how? Other than several thousand gold on the AH?
Bummer. I thought scenarios were supposed to be for people who didn't do dungeons, too, not just those who gear up in current 5 mans.

I have three family members who will be pretty disappointed since they don't do 5 mans.
No, it's not that hard to get 353... but how many people will want to run undergeared guildies through stuff solely so that they can do this scenario? It won't make much difference in leveling to 86 to have 353 vs 316 or whatever... so the ONLY reason to do this is the scenario.

Doesn't affect me since I have 3 toons well past the 353 point, but sucks for someone who, for whatever reason, took a break without gearing their toons, comes back excited and is hit with this.

Since 397 gear can be purchased for Justice, I imagine it will take someone only a few hours to get enough pieces to put them over the threshold. If they are just expecting to log in and do it, it's no different than them expecting to log in and do LFR with quest greens, or anything else that has a required iLvL.
09/14/2012 10:56 AMPosted by Arianenna

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1195204-Lvl-85-Theramore-s-Fall-Scenario-LOOT?p=18386263&viewfull=1#post18386263

There. Happy now?

no not at all waste of time...