Theramore scenario - requirements?

General Discussion
Prev 1 7 8 9 16 Next
That's 353 to queue. Can one go in with guildies in all greys?
Is the loot for this being temporarily knocked down for 85's next week?

There is no instance portal that you can walk through. It's queue ONLY, and anyone in your party not at or above 353 ilvl will cause the button to grey out.
09/14/2012 02:24 PMPosted by Arteatha

There is no instance portal that you can walk through. It's queue ONLY, and anyone in your party not at or above 353 ilvl will cause the button to grey out.

Meh it is no biggie. The FoS is account bound and I really don't need a geegaw to take up bank/bag space on every toon.
There is also an item level that goes with it. At level 85 Theramore's Fall is set to item level 353. At level 90 the item level is currently set for 425.

This is a bigger deal for some players than you make it out to be, and frankly, the fact that you've announced this additional limitation on such short notice is aggravating. Why was it not generally known earlier?

Of course those that play WoW a ton -- do dungeons, heroics, and raids or play PvP consistently -- will have no trouble hitting that ilevel. To them, anything lower is probably considered junk gear.

My playing has been inconsistent this expansion to say the least. I've only done some of the dungeons (on other characters), no heroics or raids, and little PvP (also on other characters).

Horde side, I'll get by on at least this character with my hodge-podge of gear.

Alliance side... I just started playing again. I got my first character to 85 two weeks ago, and have barely touched her since, because I thought being 85 would be the only requirement for Theramore. I really looked forward to seeing both sides of the event, as I'm sure the Blizzard team put effort into both angles and how they compare.

My Alliance character's gear is trash. She only has a few thousand gold. Doing PvP or dungeons with her for hours on end would not be fun, as I consider those activities semi-stressful and I'm already stressed out enough from real life at the moment. Not to mention I don't have all the time in the world to play -- I've got other stuff -- real life stuff -- to get done. If it weren't such short notice I'd slowly make my way towards higher gear, but having only a week and a half does not give me much choice.

Neth, I think Blizzard could have handled this with a bit more grace. Not all of your players interested in the lore, or wanting to participate in world events, are hardcore.

And: what will I be missing by not attending the Alliance 85 version?
09/14/2012 11:06 AMPosted by Tyburn
takes 1 day to get to 353 now.

Can you explain how? Other than several thousand gold on the AH?

This is what I had to do - sigh - don't have time over the next few days to run multiple dungeons.

I think it is a shame that level 85's can't be given a slight buff to do it given it is a launch event - happy that subsequent scenarios have level/item level requirements.
09/14/2012 04:01 PMPosted by Elliar

Troll elsewhere.

We're not all 1337 pro haxxorz WoW players (lol?) like you. In addition, we don't all have all day to play the game. Sure, I do, but I'd rather jump head first off a bridge than sit in a video game all day.

Shoo, child. Adults are speaking.

It does not take being elite or Major amounts of time to hit 353. It's actually quite easy. I am Disabled ( Permanent spinal cord damage that affects my hands via Spasms and cramps) and yet I have managed to level and gear 8 alts to above Ilvl 373 within a day of hitting 85 on them. So even for people with disabilities ilvl 353 is a reachable goal. Those saying it isn't ARE, in fact, lazy. You can go from fresh 85 with crap gear to 353+ in a matter of a couple hours. Please stop asking for things to be handed to you.

Couple hours? Sorry, major bulldust alert.

I think it is a shame that level 85's can't be given a slight buff to do it given it is a launch event - happy that subsequent scenarios have level/item level requirements.

It's not a launch event. It's available @ 90.

It does not take being elite or Major amounts of time to hit 353. It's actually quite easy. I am Disabled ( Permanent spinal cord damage that affects my hands via Spasms and cramps) and yet I have managed to level and gear 8 alts to above Ilvl 373 within a day of hitting 85 on them. So even for people with disabilities ilvl 353 is a reachable goal. Those saying it isn't ARE, in fact, lazy. You can go from fresh 85 with crap gear to 353+ in a matter of a couple hours. Please stop asking for things to be handed to you.

Couple hours? Sorry, major bulldust alert.

Just came back to the game. Rolled fresh on a new server (old one is dead). Got to level 85 and bought some 390 honor gear and 397 justice gear (tip: you can run BGs and instances WHILE leveling). Went to AH. Bought as much blue PVP gear as is took to hit 353 so I could queue for HoT dungeons.

Total time spent. Maybe 15 minutes.

EDIT TO ADD: On my server the blue PVP gear is dirt cheap, save for a few slots (which I just avoided).
Keep in mind JP rewards are ilvl 397 too. It doesn't take a lot of them to get to 353.
I am rushing to 85 so I can get that amazing looking staff from the event, since I doubt it will be available in the level 90 version (correct me if I'm wrong). 50 More to go in 4 days D:
09/14/2012 04:25 PMPosted by Litheil
I am rushing to 85 so I can get that amazing looking staff from the event, since I doubt it will be available in the level 90 version (correct me if I'm wrong). 50 More to go in 4 days D:

I bet blizzard is lazy and just changes the numbers like they do with the holiday bosses. I can't think of any compelling reason for them to change the loot table in any way.
lol @ people complaining at 353 ilvl requirement...
that kind of gear was available 2 raid/pvp tiers ago...

if you dont run dungeons/raids/bgs you can easily head to the AH and buy the 377 blue pvp gear and you'd be set

Nothing because the scenario is exactly the same at 90 with a 425 ilvl req( which is quest greens and blues)

You are giving answers to things Blizzard hasn't announced yet. You're giving in-game numbers (on time to pick up equipment) that are either false or incredibly biased in favor of having an active raiding guild or otherwise involve playing in a style that not all others favor.

Putting out wild claims without backing yourself with facts just makes you look silly.
a gooba gobba geep