Theramore scenario - requirements?

General Discussion
Prev 1 8 9 10 16 Next

Nothing because the scenario is exactly the same at 90 with a 425 ilvl req( which is quest greens and blues)

You are giving answers to things Blizzard hasn't announced yet. You're giving in-game numbers (on time to pick up equipment) that are either false or incredibly biased in favor of having an active raiding guild or otherwise involve playing in a style that not all others favor.

Putting out wild claims without backing yourself with facts just makes you look silly.

What you just said, is articulate, it is intelligent, and it is logical. There's not a thing wrong with what you just said and god bless you for claiming that right.
I must be blind I'm trying to gear this character up for the event but the JP vendor only seems to have 378 gear but I see lots of people in this thread saying you can buy 397 gear with JP. So where can you purchase it? Thanks.
It's on the valor vendor but costs JP! Hope that helps.
Thanks I was looking at the Justice vendor!

Actually what you quoted from me....... CAME FROM A BLUE. Neth said this not me.

What Neth says doesn't answer my question. At no time has anyone I've read, hired by Blizzard, specifically stated that the rewards from the level 90 version are exactly the same as the level 85 version.

My numbers are substantiated by many others here in this same thread. If I can,as a disabled person, easily reach 353 without a lot of involved playtime, anyone else can as well. Those saying otherwise are just plain lazy.

Not to be rude, but your being disabled means nothing to me. And considering the hours I've been putting into a prospective line of work lately, your calling me lazy for lack of dedication to a game seems insane.

It would be possible for me to get my Alliance character to 353 ilevel. However it would not be fun, and it would highly stress me out right now when I don't need the stress. This could have been avoided with an earlier warning from Blizzard. Instead I feel kicked under the bus at the last second.

That's my point.
lol @ people complaining at 353 ilvl requirement...
that kind of gear was available 2 raid/pvp tiers ago...

if you dont run dungeons/raids/bgs you can easily head to the AH and buy the 377 blue pvp gear and you'd be set

I recently leveled a Horde Druid on another serer. In 4 days I've found ONE pvp item for sale. ONE.
I recently leveled a Horde Druid on another serer. In 4 days I've found ONE pvp item for sale. ONE.

The pvp items may not be on the AH, but the mats to get them crafted more than likely are. Did you ever think to look at buying the mats and finding a crafter?

It's rather simple, if you don't meet the requirements @ 85, come back and do it @ 90. That 85 gear is not going to be useful after MoP releases anyways.

I was thinking more along the lines of an 85-version only achievement (nice, but not high on my priority list) or vanity item (might be a nice keepsake - I still have my Haunted Memento).

Mainly, as someone highly interested in storytelling, I was hoping to see the Theramore event from both sides before playing the Pandaria content. Otherwise it'd be like seeing Wrathgate before you enter Northrend: out of order. For me, that's the biggest concern.

As a side note, you keep using terms like 'lazy' and expecting a 'handout'. Are those really terms worth being used for people that simply want to see the pre-expansion event while it's still pre-expansion? I think you're over-exaggerating a tad.
So you went back to make sure the Alliance can get screwed some more how nice

It would be possible for me to get my Alliance character to 353 ilevel. However it would not be fun, and it would highly stress me out right now when I don't need the stress. This could have been avoided with an earlier warning from Blizzard. Instead I feel kicked under the bus at the last second.

That's my point.

Then just do it at 90? I personally can't be bothered to raise my recently leveled alts to the sufficient ilvl, but if you're motivated to do so, there's quite a bit of time to do so. If not, you can revisit at 90.

It does not take being elite or Major amounts of time to hit 353. It's actually quite easy. I am Disabled ( Permanent spinal cord damage that affects my hands via Spasms and cramps) and yet I have managed to level and gear 8 alts to above Ilvl 373 within a day of hitting 85 on them. So even for people with disabilities ilvl 353 is a reachable goal. Those saying it isn't ARE, in fact, lazy. You can go from fresh 85 with crap gear to 353+ in a matter of a couple hours. Please stop asking for things to be handed to you.

Couple hours? Sorry, major bulldust alert.

No. Fact. Dps have 10-20 min que's, but healers and tanks can spam heroics. Still, in any case, yes It's not hard, it's not unreasonable, it's not unrealistic. It's a fact.
Okay,

Blizzard has already dropped the difficulty and requirements for end game content SIGNIFICANTLY over the past few years. After reading these posts I have to say that it really is annoying to find so many people complaining about something so trivial as an item level requirement. This expansion and the 4.3 patch in particular has been out for over half a year, you can purchase cheap 377 blues on the Auction House, buy several of the BEST items in the game with justice points, and if that wasn't enough you can EARN YOUR OWN GEAR *gasp*. I understand people who are busy but you can't expect everything to be handed to you on a silver platter. They have already given the casual gamer access to end game raids, I can't believe that people have the audacity to come on to the forums and complain about things that are easily obtainable in one days worth of play (if not 5 minutes on the ah).

Blizzard, I feel really bad that you have to deal with people like this. I can only hope that the people who log on for the xpac and expect endgame gear and content without any work don't have so much sway over integral parts of the game.

If your ilvl is not high enough, then get it high enough. That's it....
353 is easy.

Equip a few 377 BoE craftable pvp pieces and you'll be fine.
If you don't ding 85, and Que heroics 2 min later, you're doing it wrong.
If you dont want to use COMMON BLOODY SENSE to get the 333's 346's, and BoE 397's to que, theres always the PvP 377's. Expect the rest of the group to carry your clueless behind, like half of LFD does.

These bloody people are ruining the game with their constant, never ending demand for "free" loot, with minimal effort or time.
It's not easy enough to que reg heroics!? You want to que HoT's 2 min after dinging too! It only takes a couple hours to que for and gear up in HoT's after dinging. That's if you don't " cheat" and wear PvP gear. Expect everyone to carry you ( but hey, at least your " IL" is high enough right?"
What's next you want 8/8 DS 2 min after dinging?
09/14/2012 05:27 PMPosted by Gunnhild
I must be blind I'm trying to gear this character up for the event but the JP vendor only seems to have 378 gear but I see lots of people in this thread saying you can buy 397 gear with JP. So where can you purchase it? Thanks.

The valor vender next to him. In 5.04 all the valor items went on jp. I don't think the vendor's name changed though (but there's no valor points until mop).

Also keep in mind that pvp gear has changed. The pvp stats are off budget, so a 390 pvp piece is actually just as good as a 390 pve piece. There's no 'wasted stats'. You probably wouldn't care even if there were, though, if you're just trying to get to the ilvl.