Cross Realm Fishing Derby?

Professions
Prev 1 10 11 12
As far as I know it isn't fixed, and I haven't seen anything in the patch notes for 5.1 indicating that they are going to fix it.

I wish they would simply remove it from the meta.
I'm not sure if anyone has posted this kind of comment before, nor is this bragging, but 8 seconds to win the derby is almost definitely due to CRZ mess-up.

When I won the derby and therefore completing the big achievement that it is part of, I did it in precisely 24 seconds.

I was standing by the stream in the forest, just below Dalaran. I waited for the yell and then began to fish. I was lucky enough to catch my shark on my fourth cast. I then hopped on my flying mount and rushed to the Kalu'ak guy and was first to turn in the quest - only three seconds before another player showed up. That's maybe one cast or a few yards of extra flying distance.

I could probably have shaved off MAYBE 10 seconds had I not been so nervous or excited about the whole event - had been trying to get this achieve done for a LONG time - and remembered to set my hearth or use my ring.

So the guy you are referring to either caught the shark on his first cast, used his hearth - which is very close to the Kalu'ak guy as alliance - and then used rocket boots to get there first... 8 seconds... Do-able, but highly unlikely.
11/17/2012 08:00 AMPosted by Raynewyn
So the guy you are referring to either caught the shark on his first cast, used his hearth - which is very close to the Kalu'ak guy as alliance - and then used rocket boots to get there first... 8 seconds... Do-able, but highly unlikely.

Hearth cast is 10 seconds. Time to run from where you to hearth over to vendor, plus time for Dalaran to load on your computer (varies) would be several seconds at least, even with speed boost. Time to do 1 cast, get lucky enough to have the shark bite and catch it would also vary, even if you get an immediate bite (highly unlikely) it would take at least 2-3 GCDs to cast, click and loot. Add in a couple more seconds to interact with the turn-in NPC, etc. I'm thinking the least you could do all this would be around 20 seconds...so yeah, anything less than that is definitely CRZ shenanigans.
So i am guessing the fishing derbies are still off since they aren't on the calendar anymore. I've won the Stranglethorn Derby for the Salty title but, I really want that BoA ring.
Gonna necro this one. Went to do the fishing derby today since I accidentally realm transferred my ring. It never started, or I never got the announcement that it began. What's the deal w/ the tourney?
The last I heard they could only salvage the STV tourney from the CRZ issue. I'm not sure they have announce if/when the Dalaran tourney may be up and running.

I'm lucky enough to have one the Dalaran tourney during Cata. I do have sympathy for those trying to win it these days. It used to be pretty hard. Now it seems nearly impossible.