[A] <Blood of Arathor> [RP] Winter is Coming

Moon Guard
((He mentioned tales of the Arathi tribe and the lineage of Anduin Lothar. He means Arathor, as unless I am crazy mistaken, this guild aims to unite ALL of the north back under its original banner.))

I support this. For Arathor.
((I only bring it up because there have been a plethora of guilds sporting the name 'Arathor' and have used it mistakenly. I'm simply concerned that people will misunderstand what it is they genuinely stand for. The concept of a unified Empire is a bit...lackluster at the moment, that with more than half of the Empire compromised and or infested with deaders.))
09/09/2012 09:36 PMPosted by Stromheart
((I only bring it up because there have been a plethora of guilds sporting the name 'Arathor' and have used it mistakenly. I'm simply concerned that people will misunderstand what it is they genuinely stand for. The concept of a unified Empire is a bit...lackluster at the moment, that with more than half of the Empire compromised and or infested with deaders.))

(( You faithless heathen! You deserve no part on this new Empire! Off with his head! ;) ))
09/09/2012 09:36 PMPosted by Stromheart

(( Alezander is a soldier, he undertands that the Northern lands are well out of human hands at the moment. However, as a tactitian, he views Stromgarde and the surrounding regions as the only Northern area that is realistically capable of being retaken and held - the forsaken are too entrenched at the moment everywhere else and the rest is too cut off and isolated.

However, instead of donning the banner of Stromgarde - he figured that the best point to rally behind was actually the more legendary Empire from history. His initial plan still revolves mostly around the recapture of Stromgarde. Whether it would go further then that is a matter for RP - and unless Blizzard give us back Stromgarde at some point in the future it will always be limited by that. ))

(( You faithless heathen! You deserve no part on this new Empire! Off with his head! ;) ))

Burn the non-believers!
09/09/2012 08:27 PMPosted by Alezander
I'd have to use barely understandible words to create a name that didn't sound familiar in some way, shape or form.

It's not familiar so much as it is exactly the same as Blood of Lordaeron. I don't know if that was deliberate or an accident but it may cause confusion down the line.
Well, if I called it Order of Arathor - there are a hundred Orders. If I called it Coalition of Arathor, there are a hundred those too. As are there Kingdoms, Covents, Shadows and Houses.

It's hard to avoid being nearly the same as someone when coming up with a single word to describe the collective. So instead of trying to make the title of my guild original I just chose - without looking at anyone else's guilds - what sounded best for the idea. I figured, there aren't any real Arathorians left around in the world - but pretty much every human is descendant of the Empire. Descendants of Arathor didn't sound particularly appealing to me, so I went with Blood.

If there ever is confusion, I will be quite happy to resolve it but I feel it shouldn't be a big issue. The people I intend to RP with are, I would hope, very capable of understanding the difference between Lordaeron and Arathor.

Though I do understand your concern, and I suppose to some extent I have it too. But it is overshadowed by the guild's potential - which goes well beyond its name.
Your name sounds very close to mine.

No one can replace Alekander Andro!
Perhaps, should it prove necessary to mollify any issues, <Legacy of Thoradin>? I suppose that could be the subconscious influence of Legacy of Vanndar, though...
without looking at anyone else's guilds

Er, I don't get why you'd say this.

You spoke to me the other day on the guild leader.

I understand your point, I do. That there aren't a million names out there that work. But there's also no reason for you to deny that you've seen Blood of Lordaeron and you chose to create Blood of [Kingdom]. No one's persecuting you for it, but being disingenuous is a very bad start to something that doesn't need to be mired at all in deception.

It's akin to another guild that cribbed our guild idea from 3 years ago. That was fine as well, but it's like people have some aversion to admitting that they were inspired and/or to offer credit where it is due. There's no need for that. You can just be honest and say where you got the idea from and let it be what it is.

I mentioned because it felt like there was a hint of an accusation there, that is all. By the way, I did not say that I was not aware of your guild's existance, what I meant was that I did not look at it and go "Oh, that is a great describing word for a collective!" Which is what I feel some people are thinking. Blood isn't a particularly uncommon term.

You did not inspire me, the one thing that did inspire me was the show Game of Thrones and I feel happy giving it credit for that. It was only an inspiration in the vaguest sence since I am trying to build something more original and more fitting to the WoW world than that, but it did spur on some of the ideas.

And, as you said, its barely an issue anyway - so I would hate for us to get off on the wrong foot about it. I don't really know you, and you don't know me - but can you give me the benefit of the doubt here and you can work what kind of person I am from there.

If you prefer, I will happily give you credit for the name - you did in fact have it before me. I just don't feel it is a big issue except in maybe pride.
Perhaps, should it prove necessary to mollify any issues, <Legacy of Thoradin>? I suppose that could be the subconscious influence of Legacy of Vanndar, though...

Being inspired is not a bad thing, nor is it even humbling. But denying it. That's just uncalled for.

Mad, I only just returned to WoW recently. I barely touched Stormwind's RP scene since then. I don't go on these forums, except now to post this guild ad. I barely know anything about your guild save for rumors which I prefer to not base much on, and what I can guess at from your name, and of course from that one short conversation we had a few days back.

I don't think I was inspired by Blood of Lordaeron. I went through a great deal of names for this guild, and Blood came out as the most fitting for them. That is all.

You can be wary, that is fair enough. I would almost certainly be too. You certainly don't know me at all, so you have no reason to take my word - but just have a little faith, you might discover that I am a very good person to have as a friend.

Edit: And why must my inspiration come from guilds in WoW? I have not touched WoW, before recently, in an age and a half. I can name countless things that begin with "Blood of ----". Quite a few of them are from game of thrones, which I openly reference for fun's sake.
09/10/2012 05:56 PMPosted by Hellissa
Bump

For Arathor!
Good luck on your guild. I tried something similar about 2 years ago with the Scars of Arathor, but I didn't have the will to get it off the ground.

"Blood of" seems to be the winning formula anyway.

Maybe I'll see you around for some good ole highlander RP.
Thanks Grev!

It's all slow going - but I attribute a lot of that to the combination of Guild Wars 2 and Pre-expansion server slump. Oh and the fact that I am putting the bar rather high in terms of RP quality which means patience is required and a lot of it. Still, I have time - I'm kind of treating the time before the expansion as the chance to build up without pressure since once expansion hits everyone will be busy playing Panda.

As for RP, it would be great to see ya around. Need to get my pally around for some good, ol'-fashioned RP!
Did you say high RP quality, sir?

I have a worgen that might join you, if your standards are up to par!
Did you say high RP quality, sir?

I have a worgen that might join you, if your standards are up to par!

I did, my friend!

If my standards got much higher, I might have to start thinking about kicking myself out - which would be a downright shame since I happen to think that I am great fun!

Jokes aside, quality RPers is what I am going for! I figure the rest will fall into place if that can be found.

*looks around*

I hope they haven't -all- gone to play Guild Wars. >.>

Anywho, off to do those real life things that keep getting in the way of my procrastination, be back in 3 hours or so to continue doing all those things that I do.