General AMA lore discussion

Story Forum
Prev 1 3 4 5 6 Next
Ok, my anger at the Thrall answers aside, I do appreciate that Kosak acknowledged that the Alliance has feelings about Lordaeron and that we don't want Jaina going neutral. It's a start.
I'm glad you enjoyed the novel! Golden is a fantastic author who works very closely with us to do justice to the franchise.

I couldn't read the rest of the questions over the sound of my own hysterical laughter.
09/11/2012 07:50 PMPosted by Kurze
I couldn't read the rest of the questions over the sound of my own hysterical laughter.

She is good. She's not writing a sprawling 600 page multi-book saga. You have to take what she's tasked with into account too and for that, she is a good author.
09/11/2012 07:29 PMPosted by Vyrin
He's still posting stuff.

What else is there to ask though?
09/11/2012 07:58 PMPosted by Skytotem
He's still posting stuff.

What else is there to ask though?

"cough"forsakensoulbuffer"cough"
09/11/2012 07:49 PMPosted by Jaelara
Ok, my anger at the Thrall answers aside, I do appreciate that Kosak acknowledged that the Alliance has feelings about Lordaeron and that we don't want Jaina going neutral. It's a start.

What Blizzard says and what they do are two entirely different things.
09/11/2012 08:06 PMPosted by Kynrind

What Blizzard says and what they do are two entirely different things.

Oh, yeah, they still gotta prove they can follow through. No doubt. Acknowledgement is a start, but only a start.
It's good to know that plenty of Horde leaders will be getting attention in 5.1. The fact that they didn't say that Alliance leaders (besides Jaina) will be getting attention is somewhat frightening.
Hold da phone-

A VOL'JIN BOOK?

/squee
It's good to know that plenty of Horde leaders will be getting attention in 5.1. The fact that they didn't say that Alliance leaders (besides Jaina) will be getting attention is somewhat frightening.

I guess it's nice to know that Worgen have nothing going on in Mists, playing the same role Draenei played in Wrath.

Ah well, at least there's something to kill.
09/11/2012 09:14 PMPosted by Quard

That's the whole point of making Varian High King of the Alliance. They don't need to develop our other leaders if he's the only one that matters.
Sylvanas becoming Warchief I don't mind. I don't even mind Sylvanas' War Crimes.

What I mind is

A) Anyone (Especially CDev) pretending she isn't evil.

or

B) The fact that the Alliance hasn't been able to get back Lordaeron, or even have a sustained attempt to do so, because of her and her Forsaken and the need to treat them with kid gloves because "they're a player faction" or "Sylvanas is a beloved character."

A Horde with Sylvanas at the head, with an Alliance that was gung-ho to take her down and traditionally Neutral factions no longer denying her evil, and quest lines that take us deep into Lordaeron or back into Gilneas or Stromgarde to strike blows at her forces?

I'd be ecstatic.
09/11/2012 10:13 PMPosted by Jaelara
B) The fact that the Alliance hasn't been able to get back Lordaeron

And what if CDev's intent is that they never will? Don't you think maybe you're setting yourself up for an ulcer?
Not getting Lordaeron back is one thing.

But I would at least appreciate some sustained, strong, questlines in which the Alliance can pay tribute to its past in the nation of Lordaeron, and feel at the end of the day like its trying.
Not getting Lordaeron back is one thing.

But I would at least appreciate some sustained, strong, questlines in which the Alliance can pay tribute to its past in the nation of Lordaeron, and feel at the end of the day like its trying.

Fair enough, I guess. I just feel you and others are causing yourself unneeded anguish sometimes :/
This plus the comment that they aren't doing anything with the old world for long a while sounds pretty final:

The Alliance can't retake Lordaeron until they get to it; Sylvanas held them off at Andorhal, as depicted in-game.
09/11/2012 10:21 PMPosted by Wickham
Not getting Lordaeron back is one thing.But I would at least appreciate some sustained, strong, questlines in which the Alliance can pay tribute to its past in the nation of Lordaeron, and feel at the end of the day like its trying.

Again, let's try to avoid Lordaeron arguments for the sake of Falrinn and the integrity of this thread.

Aye, I wasn't trying to discuss it too much, just voicing concern.

And yes, I may not get along with some people but at heart I don't like seeing people suffer :P

And thanks to Falrinn for the thread! I was happy to see some of the answers.