Screwed out of Loremaster

Achievements
Post Limit:
I finished completing (or so I thought) every single requirement this morning for my Loremaster title. Imagine how shocked I was when I discovered that I now must complete all of the Pandaland stuff before being eligible. As I was unsure whether I was going to purchase, let alone play, Pandaland, I wanted to make sure I had completed all the requirements prior to its release as I really wanted this achievement. As we are still 13 days away from its release, this isn't right Blizz. I completed the achievement that is currently available for me to complete, I should get the credit for it. I shouldn't have to complete stuff I can't even access.
Patch 5.0.x? We're already *in* MoP and have been for a few weeks. Everyone has it already downloaded.

This happened with Cata too btw.

If you're not even sure you're going to play, then why are achievements important? I'm sorry that you feel "screwed" but it's not like this was a stealthy surprise or anything.
09/12/2012 08:58 AMPosted by Amaranthas

Not only did they add the cata zone for the achievement but they reset all the quests if you didn't have a continent done you had to start from 0 quests.
09/12/2012 11:43 AMPosted by Gildina

Not only did they add the cata zone for the achievement but they reset all the quests if you didn't have a continent done you had to start from 0 quests.

That too.

Luckily, I got Loremaster before *that* change. Then I spent the weeks before Cata launched, re-earning all of the quest achievements. Sooo yeah, lots of people actually have gotten Loremaster twice. Be happy you didn't have to deal with the very vague criteria of "complete 500 quests in Kalimdor" or whatever the number was from the achievement back in the day.
Sparklewolf, this exact thing has happened two expansions in a row, why do you think Mists would be any different?
I made sure to get mine completed before the patch happened. It was a contest at home as my husband helped me through everything but the water quests. I knew that I didn't want to have more added to it. I had also got the Eastern Kingdoms and the Kalimdor before Cata dropped.
09/12/2012 11:43 AMPosted by Gildina

They "reset" the quest counter because, ya know, they reset the quests. Zones that didn't change, didn't get their counts reset. Zones with all new quests, i.e. most of the old world, did. The quests you did aren't there any more.