Jump start to leveling!

Druid
This applies to everyone, not just druids, but honestly, we have a great community here and I just don't like the other forums as much.

When Cata launched I had a full quest log of max level quests, mostly dailies, to turn in and that experience gave me a decent boost toward level 81. Especially with the reported tight experience requirements for leveling to 90 from 85 I'd like to start out with a similar boost.

I intend to have accumulated 200 of each type of archaeology fragment to gain experience from solves (assuming I bother getting to 525 between now and then) in addition to a quest log full of completed dailies.

Any other suggestions?
Why dailies? No huge exp end of chain quests laying around? :3
Dailies not only offer decent experience, but probably more importantly I can turn in several in one hub. I can fill my quest log from the daily quests in just a couple of easily accessible areas.
My question was tank dungeons or quest? Originally I was thinking tanking would be the fastest way to level (instant queues) while learning the dungeons. But the more I hear about pandaria, it sounds like I will eventually need to quest through the zones anyway to unlock them.
Yeah, it would seem that most of the starter items are only available if you have built up your rep with their suppliers.
You can get 22 quests just from Tol Barad (Both islands) :P

Does anyone know if we get to keep the Justice/Honor we have now to use when we hit max lvl? Its kind of unclear everywhere.
I'm not going to do any Tol Barad keep quests, since there's no guarantee you'll own it when the time comes.

Also, Tol Barad quests apparently give less XP than other max level quests. (its not much, but its something).

I also did the cooking and fishing dailies in Org, plus the firelands dailies.

I didn't think about archaeology. I should stock up on a bunch of fragments as well.
I'm not going to do any Tol Barad keep quests, since there's no guarantee you'll own it when the time comes.

Also, Tol Barad quests apparently give less XP than other max level quests. (its not much, but its something).

I also did the cooking and fishing dailies in Org, plus the firelands dailies.

I didn't think about archaeology. I should stock up on a bunch of fragments as well.

you can turn all of the tol barad quests in at the base camp, you don't need to own the keep theres another turn in.

if you do the dailies you can stock up 9 quests from the mini dungeons, giving you a total of 22 daily quests from tol barad. My plan is to only do tol barad so I can turn them in in 2min and get back to org.
ORLY? You can turn in the mini dungeon quests at the portal area? I thought you had to turn those in at the keep?
If you mean the quests like Problim, yeah, I'm pretty sure you can turn them in at your base camp (or you could pre-5.0.4) if you don't happen to own TB at the time.
Yeah you can turn them in at the base camp in 5.0.4.
For the FL dailies remember NOT to turn in when you're given a prompt. Just let it sit, when MoP launches go to the hub and turn it in, then do the daily you're given since it's going to be roflstomp easy anyway.

This lets your squeeze in more than 25 quests.

Likewise if you have any dropped item quests don't do them before the 25th. Just have them in your log with whatever you need to finish them.

EDIT- The 'inside' FL dailies are tiered, which is lame. I'd suggest just doing the initial ones. After that it seems unlikely that the time investment to do all the other inside ones would really pay off. The outside prompt one is an exception since it's always just a 'go to this location and kill one mob that you spawn'.

With just the FL outside and inside first tier quests you'll have 10 dailies. Add cooking and fishing and you only need to find 13 more.
My memory is fleeting in general, but I do seem to recall them nerfing the XP awards on dailies just prior to the release of Cata. Everyone complained as the gold reward took a hit as a consequence. It was done in an effort to hinder folks who attempt to preload completed quests, specifically dalies.

Anyone remember how that played out, exactly?
My memory is fleeting in general, but I do seem to recall them nerfing the XP awards on dailies just prior to the release of Cata. Everyone complained as the gold reward took a hit as a consequence. It was done in an effort to hinder folks who attempt to preload completed quests, specifically dalies.

I don't remember how it did, but I was thinking that exact same thing when I guildie mentioned that he was going to try to do it for MOP...

Can't really hurt all that much if you have 20 quests in the same hub, tho. Waste 10 minutes on the chance it works, hearth back, and continue on.
09/12/2012 11:20 AMPosted by Earthreaver
Does anyone know if we get to keep the Justice/Honor we have now to use when we hit max lvl? Its kind of unclear everywhere.
You can keep up to 4k Honor and 4k JPs and use them as soon as you hit 90.

I recall them doing this, but the change wasn't so significant that it effectively hindered doing it anyway. At midnight on Cata release day I turned in my dailies for nearly a third of the way towards 81. That's nothing to sneeze at.

I didn't think about quest starting items, though I'm not sure I know of any off hand that were introduced for Cataclysm. Anyone have any suggestions?

I recall them doing this, but the change wasn't so significant that it effectively hindered doing it anyway. At midnight on Cata release day I turned in my dailies for nearly a third of the way towards 81. That's nothing to sneeze at.

I didn't think about quest starting items, though I'm not sure I know of any off hand that were introduced for Cataclysm. Anyone have any suggestions?

That's odd, I handed in all my ICC / Hodir dailies and got like a bubble total. Rose coloured glasses, perhaps?
09/13/2012 03:02 PMPosted by Khalak
That's odd, I handed in all my ICC / Hodir dailies and got like a bubble total. Rose coloured glasses, perhaps?

There was a small window when the servers went live and everyone turned things in before they made the changes. Once again, questionable memory.
I turned about half my quests in before leveling was opened, or for whatever reason the 80 quests weren't giving any credit. Made me sad at the time.
09/12/2012 07:23 PMPosted by Ptarr
You can keep up to 4k Honor and 4k JPs and use them as soon as you hit 90.

I thought they do the conversion into gold @ something like 98 silver per badge when the exp hits to avoid people banking badges...