[Guide]Solo Blood Lord Mandokir @ Level 85

Death Knight
Post Limit:
Hey there!

This is a Blood DK strategy outline on how to solo Blood Lord Mandokir at level 85 (patch 5.0.4) for the ZG Raptor mount Armored Razzashi Raptor. I'm pretty sure people have solo-ed it at 85 before so it's not a world first kill. This was done at patch 5.0.4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lvdmF7hxpc&hd=1

Exactly what to press (as shown in video):
1. Bone Shield
2. Outbreak
3. Heart Strike x 2
4. Death Strike x 2
5. Press Macro
6. IBF + DRW + VB
7. Empower Rune Weapon
8. Army of the Dead
9. 9. Death Siphon x 2 and use Rune Tap

What happens (for those who are interested):
The idea is to minimize the damage you take from Dacapitate, so you have less to heal off later on (from Shroud of Purgatory). Vengeance will then take care of the rest of Mandokir's HP pool.

Blood Shield: 38000 from the 2 Death Strikes.
Gear: 5% dodge and 32.5% parry(strength) + Runeforge (Sword-shattering, 4% parry)
Cooldowns: (Rotting Skull+Fire of the Deep+Bone Shield+Golemblood+Dancing Rune Weapon) into Army of the Dead stacked with Icebound Fortitude.

With all the cooldowns used properly, Decapitate is reduced to around 1 million damage.

Healing: Vampiric Blood(Glyphed) gives 540k heal per death Siphon(which did about 300k damage) and around 30k for Rune Tap.

After that, killing him is merely a face>keyboard with the remaining Vengeance (around 750k of it).

Note: I was wearing DPS gear because I actually gained a little bit more avoidance with Sword-shattering. With everything running, I had 57.5% Dodge+Parry before DRW/Army combination. As DRW adds an extra 20% parry, it's very hefty. You can also use a Flask of Titanic Strength for added safety.

Disclaimer:
Your mileage will vary. I am in almost full BiS DPS gear so do take that into consideration please. Those two trinkets are from the VP vendor and can now be bought with JP. Golemblood and Trinkets is not necessary for me but may help you.

You have have to experiment a little as this boss is a balance of damage reduction or Vengeance Healing.

Trash
Some people asked for a short explanation on how to solo the trash before Mandokir and Kilnara. Here you go! Excuse the accent :3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5arE6kyx0o&hd=1

Good luck with your Raptor farming! Mine dropped after too long U_U
Pretty cool guide.
That raptor, man!

It's all for that stinkin' raptor
Doesn't using a trinket put a 30 second CD on the other?
If your goal is to reduce damage taken from decapitate(which is physical damage, if memory serves), then wouldn't SSG be better?
No, because the 4% parry from SS becomes 4% reduction when channeling AotD, whereas you would only have the 4% armor, which is nowhere near 4% reduction.
09/11/2012 05:23 PMPosted by Spudofdeath
Doesn't using a trinket put a 30 second CD on the other?

The trinkets I used, Fire of the Deep and Rotting Skull do not share cooldowns.

09/11/2012 05:25 PMPosted by Tritonis
If your goal is to reduce damage taken from decapitate(which is physical damage, if memory serves), then wouldn't SSG be better?

The 4% armor is roughly 1% physical damage reduction as opposed to 4% given by Swordshattering. There is also the 20% increased parry chance from Dancing Rune Weapon before your army, giving it a heck of a lot more reduction.
There's also that whole "decapitate ignores armor" thing going on.

I'd recommend tank gear if it's available. More avoidance=more damage reduction=more vengeance. This current setup (only did it once, I won the raptor a long time ago on my druid) saw death siphons of ~600k. It's kinda funny going from ~550-600k purgatory shield at 1 health to 200k in one cast.

Though, if DPS gear is enough reduction, then that works too :).
It doesn't really matter which gear, so long as you can heal off the Purgatory debuff :D

Hopefully someone gets the raptor mount from this :P
This is really really impressive! I'd be super stoked if you'd take the time to add this to my DK guide to soloing stuff.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6036454104

It's technically for raids, but this is way harder than something like AQ20. XD
For sure. I'll do it :3
Just had a 790k siphon crit doing this. Bloodlord exacted his revenge by not dropping a mount, but lulz were had nonetheless!
Oh man I'm so doing this tomorrow
09/11/2012 10:21 PMPosted by Stregoica
Just had a 790k siphon crit doing this.

LOL.

Good luck on the mount to all!

I tried getting a video of Kilnara (for the Panther mount) to make a guide but alas the file was corrupted while trying to compress it. Oh, well.

Does anyone actually want a guide on High Priestess Kilnara? Because she's actually way easier to solo.
This is pretty darn smart. I must try it sometime!
09/11/2012 11:08 PMPosted by Aniana
Just had a 790k siphon crit doing this.

LOL.

Good luck on the mount to all!

I tried getting a video of Kilnara (for the Panther mount) to make a guide but alas the file was corrupted while trying to compress it. Oh, well.

Does anyone actually want a guide on High Priestess Kilnara? Because she's actually way easier to solo.

I'm pretty sure that at this point any boss in ZG is soloable except for Zanzil since he does a pretty hefty amount of magic damage. Perhaps if you got lucky and he spawned the Zanzil zombies first and you got a mess of tentacles with Unholy Blight...

At any rate, do you also solo all the trash? I ask because a couple of the packs have me a little worried, mainly the ones in Kilnara's temple and the venomancer who does the link spell.
09/12/2012 09:49 AMPosted by Serrias
I'm pretty sure that at this point any boss in ZG is soloable except for Zanzil

Actually Zanzil is soloable with enough gear at 4.2.

At any rate, do you also solo all the trash?

Yes, all the trash packs leading to the bosses are entirely solo-able.

venomancer who does the link spell.

Venomancer does not link when there's only one person. Just use Mind Freeze and Dark Sim on Poison Bolt, no other mechanic to that trash.
You can also Dark Simulacrum Bloodletting.
He never lives long enough to cast the first Bloodletting.
09/12/2012 10:14 AMPosted by Aniana
venomancer who does the link spell.

Venomancer does not link when there's only one person. Just use Mind Freeze and Dark Sim on Poison Bolt, no other mechanic to that trash.

I was more worried about him linking me and my Bloodworm. While it would stack Vengeance pretty quickly, I would rather not try to run away only to have it follow me.