[Guide]Solo Blood Lord Mandokir @ Level 85

Death Knight
non-DK: read this thread
non-DK: omg DK's can solo Mandokir????
**QQ starts**
Blizzard: Nerf bat incoming

Lesson of the story: If you know you can solo things, don't broadcast it
It was sort of posted in D&R about a week ago, where I think a few more non-DKs read.

Besides, pallies can do it at 90.
Well I just soloed Kilnara on the first try. I used a Gurthalak and Unholy Blight. To start off, I woke up one set of cats a little after engaging her. After killing them, I went to get another but she was already around 60%. After waking up this second pack, she dropped below 50% (or is it 40%?) and she went cat and woke up all the other panthers. At this point I hit VB, IBF, and UB. Used Death Pact when I got low. Piece of cake after that.

And this was my first time using Blood Tap. I definitely prefer it to RE.
non-DK: read this thread
non-DK: omg DK's can solo Mandokir????
**QQ starts**
Blizzard: Nerf bat incoming

Paladins could solo it at 5.0.4 as well. If fact, hunters could solo it back in Firelands (due to snake trap not despawning when you die, triggering the ghosts to ress you).

09/12/2012 06:04 PMPosted by Serrias
Well I just soloed Kilnara on the first try.

Nice! Kilnara is a pretty easy solo. I think the trash pack before her could possibly be harder :p

No panther?
09/12/2012 08:15 PMPosted by Aniana
If fact, hunters could solo it back in Firelands (due to snake trap not despawning when you die, triggering the ghosts to ress you).

Lol, didn't know that.
That's awesome :).
Tried it, my gear sucks though, my timing was a lil off and I didn't take any extra steps with potions or anything.

Was about 200k healing away from living each time I tried, purgatory absorbed 1,002,000 health.
09/12/2012 10:34 PMPosted by Ohgodfleas
Was about 200k healing away from living each time I tried, purgatory absorbed 1,002,000 health.

You're actually super close then!

That's actually less damage then what I took, I take about 1.1mil but heal up 550k each time and 35k from Rune Tap.
09/12/2012 10:48 PMPosted by Aniana

You're actually super close then!

That's actually less damage then what I took, I take about 1.1mil but heal up 550k each time and 35k from Rune Tap.
Oh really? The only time I really checked is when I did it in tank gear and had that number, I'm assuming you did it in your dps gear?

I may try again with dps gear then, because it is 10 ilvls higher than my tank set.
Well I just soloed Kilnara on the first try.

Nice! Kilnara is a pretty easy solo. I think the trash pack before her could possibly be harder :p

No panther?

The trash before her is harder. That took a couple tries for me.

The panther I already have ;) I'm just trying to solo her for the sake of soloing her.

That being said, what's the current strategy for soloing Zanzil? Nuke him down ASAP as Frost or UH or go Blood and try to outlive him?

EDIT: @fleas, I did it in tank gear since I had a higher Parry + Dodge than in DPS gear. Worked fine for me.
09/13/2012 12:00 AMPosted by Serrias
what's the current strategy for soloing Zanzil?

I actually just ran right in with the Fire cauldron buff and dps'ed the poop out of him.

Since the spawns of the adds/poison/big guy are random, I did not have a specific strat. The damage should be low enough that survival won't be a problem. Tank spec is way better than dps due to the massive amounts of damage you can do thanks to the new Vengeance model.

Big add is easily tankable, but I recommend using DRW for that.
Curse you death knights!!
09/13/2012 05:34 AMPosted by Goulashia
Curse you death knights!!

But..... we're so lovable!
Just solo'd him today, timing the decapitation with my army cast took 3 times and I made a macro to help me time it. Just ran in and hit that macro. I also got his achievable on the kill. :D
/cast Bone Shield
/in 4 /s Army in 5 sec!
/in 6 /s Army in 3 sec!
/in 7 /s Army in 2 sec!
/in 8 /s Army in 1 sec!
Blood Lord soloed by Blood Death Knights.

I swear there's a pun here.
Just solo'd him today, timing the decapitation with my army cast took 3 times and I made a macro to help me time it. Just ran in and hit that macro. I also got his achievable on the kill. :D
/cast Bone Shield
/in 4 /s Army in 5 sec!
/in 6 /s Army in 3 sec!
/in 7 /s Army in 2 sec!
/in 8 /s Army in 1 sec!

To help others with Decapitate timing, it happens 10 seconds or so into the fight.

Good luck with the Raptor!
I can't seem to kill the first mob to be able to use the green cauldron at the start LOL. Dumb question, did you go around somehow or am I just too undergeared atm? you should make a vid for the mobs too xD
Awesome guide. Finally gave this a try today and managed it on the first pull thanks to you.
09/16/2012 01:07 AMPosted by Knîghtmare
you should make a vid for the mobs too xD

Plenty of people asked for this so here we go!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5arE6kyx0o&hd=1

Apologies for the accent and hope this helps someone get the raptor or panther mount :3
09/18/2012 08:38 PMPosted by Aniana
Plenty of people asked for this so here we go!

Thank you! :D
Keep calm and solo on