Checking for updates

Technical Support
1 2 3 5 Next
Whenever I try to open Wow, it says checking for updates. I was playing yesterday, and it was working fine, but it always says ''checking for updates'' and will not do anything from there. What can I do?
same here. I let it stay at checking for updates for awhile then it threw this error....BLZPTS00007

Tried the troubleshooting suggestions it gives but getting same results. I've about had it with this game! Play'd since launch but getting tired of all the changes and problems. Maybe be time to try someone else. Glad I didn't pre pay for 2 x MoP like i did the last few xpacs.
SAME it doesnt process or anything i eventually get an error code but nothing on support helps please help me its very frustrating
Sadly my friends, the same exact thing has happened to me and I have no clue how to fix it at all! Blizzard's instructions don't do anything but seem to make the problem worse, if there is anyone that has feedback on how to fix this, please tell all of us now!
This just happened to me as well. The patch has been working fine until today. The launcher checks for updates and times out. None of the troubleshooting steps work. Was there another patch update today?
everyone sticky this forum ^^^
Exact same error here.

Launcher Error: BLZPTS00007 - Failed to Run a Required Program (Agent)

Nothing Blizzard has suggested works.
Yeah the same thing is happening to me, i was playing perfectly fine yesterday.. Whats GOING ON!
EXACT same problem here.
Same thing is happening to me, I found a workaround by going to the wow folder and clicking "wow-64" to start it from there and skip the launcher,this worked since patch day but tonight i discovered that blizztard in all its infinite wisdom has fixed this so that it now gets the same error.

I am so glad I canceled my sub. In a free to play game I would accept and not be bothered by stuff like this but in a game that is pay to play crap like this should be FIXED in a timely fashion.
BLZPTS 00007 is a different Error Code than last week BUT its the same problem...=Looking for updates and stalls there. Have done everything I was directed to do on the Blizzard pages to repair. None of it works and Im not running all day with my firewal off and Virus protection off, then go to page after page as directed by Blizzard.

I will read this thread for a while but I think the game is becoming a little less fun dealing with this every week. Last week it took me 22 hours to get it to run...How can that be fun?

RUNESCAPE more this week.
BLZPTS 00007 is a different Error Code than last week BUT its the same problem...=Looking for updates and stalls there. Have done everything I was directed to do on the Blizzard pages to repair. None of it works and Im not running all day with my firewal off and Virus protection off, then go to page after page as directed by Blizzard.

I will read this thread for a while but I think the game is becoming a little less fun dealing with this every week. Last week it took me 22 hours to get it to run...How can that be fun?

RUNESCAPE more this week.
So many people having this problem, I wish somebody would say something to help us all out. I hope that the only reason they haven't is that they are currently looking into the matter and I hope it doesn't take forever.
I had 3 people try to help me and none of them could get it to work
same problem. patched fine on the less then awesome pc. but the pc i like to play on thats a whole different barrel of monkeys :( making a bad day a little worse.
the problem started today for me