It is RP, but not RP, nor is it ERP...

Emerald Dream
So...

A friend of mine really wanted to see RP and decided to hop on one of the servers. After the patch, the client picked Emerald Dream out of the RP-pvp realms.

He creates a character, runs around for bit, but struggles to find any players. He then finally decides to head for the most populated Horde city, Ogrimar. ( or however the F you spell it...).

After the zeppelin's arrival, the first person that he meets, is the orc whose name involves Thrall and his balls...

As an addition, there were some people who discussed how "ghey" RP is XD in the Trade chat.

After a short laugh, my friend logs off and proposes to play some CS:GO

So how is it going on your realm bros?
It goes great! Maybe your friend should have picked an Alliance character to RP with instead of picking a silly Horde. Also, just because the Horde on at that time talked bad about it, doesn't mean all Horde think as such.

To be honest, I don't think your "friend" didn't look hard enough. "A bit" doesn't clearly give an amount of time. A bit could mean five minutes or an hour. Maybe even more.

Just because we're an RP-PvP realm doesn't mean everyone HAS to RP. There are a number of players here that simply observe it. Some, like myself, are just getting into it. I believe that most have their community but if someone shows enough interest, could be involved.

So I suggest that you get off your Wyrmrest high horse and think about it first when you call out another realms RP habits. We do just fine here.

**For the record, I do not speak for everyone. I am just getting into RP myself and my guild has been VERY helpful!**

***Edited for spelling errors =P **
lol Thrallsballs ...

Yeah, sorry if your friend is looking for RP in Trade Chat, but he's a moron.
why are you guys talking about me?
lol Thrallsballs ...

Beware of a ban hammer. Do not call out someone's name on forums.
Beware of a ban hammer. Do not call out someone's name on forums.

You aren't from these parts are you? Ban hammers drop around her daily, I think a good chunk of the active members of the server are banned from the boards. So I wouldn't worry about us worrying about that much.

*Shrugs*

And we have RP, and it's very alive. I can find walk up and random RP anytime I want it. And over all, pretty much all of ED is respectful. This new cross realm crap has given us more greifers...but we have it and it is healthy.
09/14/2012 06:31 AMPosted by Bethzalee
It goes great! Maybe your friend should have picked an Alliance character to RP with instead of picking a silly Horde. Also, just because the Horde on at that time talked bad about it, doesn't mean all Horde think as such.

(( Hey now... I love a little faction rivalry as much as the next person, but Horde has RP in spades. ED Horde RP is best RP.

Clearly this "friend" made the RP-noob mistake of rolling on a realm, sitting in Orgrimmar (seriously, you're an RP-er and you can't spell ORGRIMMAR?!) for 5 minutes and then whining "NO RP TO BE FOUND BAAAWWWW" and going back to whatever realm they came from.

Has WrA succeeded in cleansing Trade of all trolls? Because I was thinking of rolling an alt over there to find RP in Trade. ))
09/14/2012 06:55 AMPosted by Manilakota
(( Hey Biooh, RP with me in Trade sometime. :D ))

/2 *winks at Biooh*
((
I have trade turned off. Eww. You could catch a disease in there.
))
lol Thrallsballs ...