OOC: Race for RP

World’s End Tavern: Role-play and Fan Fiction
I am playing my warrior as my main and I'm new to RP. I was wondering what the outlook on each race as a warrior happens to be. The list below is what I would consider race changing to for RP purposes.

Tauren
Goblin
Orc... maybe
Blood elf.... not sure about this one unless you guys/gals can convince me otherwise.

Thanks up front for reading!
Well, one of the interesting things about warriors in RP is how flexible the class is. As a warrior you can RP as anything- a farmer who took up a pitchfork to defend his land from bandits, a bloodthirsty berserker, someone who has devoted his life to mastering all weapons or a single one, a simple soldier or grunt, a gladiator, a mercenary, or just some guy with a big axe, the possibilities are endless.

As far as races go-

Due to the nomadic life style the Tauren led pre-Horde and their constant strife with the Centaurs, I don't think it would be a stretch to say that most Taurens were expected to at least try to protect themselves should the need arise, although they do have Braves who are specifically trained to fight and protect their people. Their culture draws heavily from Native American influences (duh) so I would expect their view and use of warriors to run along a similar vein.

A Goblin warrior is likely to be a freelance mercenary or a bruiser for one of the cartel's operations, possibly someone who saw more profit in being a sword-for-hire than an inventor or trade exec.

Orcs are generally viewed as the quintessential warriors, mostly because of the way their culture reveres the 'honorable warrior' prototype. You can be anything from a grunt to a seasoned war veteran. War heroes are put on a pedestal in their society. You might try a blademaster if you are familiar with their lore.

In a magic-centric society like the Sindorei, non-magic wielders are likely to be looked down upon by the majority of the population. If you wanted more cultural 'flavor' for the class, you could RP as an elven spellbreaker- elite fighters specifically trained to combat magic-users. You should be aware however that they are extremely rare and I would advise against RPing one unless you are well versed in the race and class.

Though again, the class is so ambiguous that you still have plenty of room to move around no matter what race you choose.
Well, one of the interesting things about warriors in RP is how flexible the class is. As a warrior you can RP as anything- a farmer who took up a pitchfork to defend his land from bandits, a bloodthirsty berserker, someone who has devoted his life to mastering all weapons or a single one, a simple soldier or grunt, a gladiator, a mercenary, or just some guy with a big axe, the possibilities are endless.

As far as races go-

Due to the nomadic life style the Tauren led pre-Horde and their constant strife with the Centaurs, I don't think it would be a stretch to say that most Taurens were expected to at least try to protect themselves should the need arise, although they do have Braves who are specifically trained to fight and protect their people. Their culture draws heavily from Native American influences (duh) so I would expect their view and use of warriors to run along a similar vein.

A Goblin warrior is likely to be a freelance mercenary or a bruiser for one of the cartel's operations, possibly someone who saw more profit in being a sword-for-hire than an inventor or trade exec.

Orcs are generally viewed as the quintessential warriors, mostly because of the way their culture reveres the 'honorable warrior' prototype. You can be anything from a grunt to a seasoned war veteran. War heroes are put on a pedestal in their society. You might try a blademaster if you are familiar with their lore.

In a magic-centric society like the Sindorei, non-magic wielders are likely to be looked down upon by the majority of the population. If you wanted more cultural 'flavor' for the class, you could RP as an elven spellbreaker- elite fighters specifically trained to combat magic-users. You should be aware however that they are extremely rare and I would advise against RPing one unless you are well versed in the race and class.

Though again, the class is so ambiguous that you still have plenty of room to move around no matter what race you choose.

Wow! I hadn't really thought about it like that. I just assumed ... warrior is a warrior.. I guess since I haven't really got into a true backstory that I'm way behind in finding out who this character really is. Thank you for your input and insight on my question!
Ya, warriors are by far my favorite class to RP as simply because of the sheer breadth of different ways they can be RP'ed. Stalwart knights, bloodthirsty berserkers, shady bruisers and enforcers, cunning swashbucklers, mage-hunters, mercenaries, footmen, grunts, these and more can all be classified as "warriors" within the Warcraft lore.

Naturally racial inclinations can be a big part of how you RP your warrior but they are by no means the only place you can draw inspiration from.
It's a shame, really...'Undead' isn't even an option for you.