Thinking about Emerald Dream? Read This First

Emerald Dream
Prev 1 2 3 4 12 Next
((Bumping for great justice.))
Wheres that "Welcome to ED" picture when I need it?
Bump for MoP
Could do with an MoP update (referring to the mentioned grandfathering of DS) but all in all I agree with everything said here.

To anyone who may be looking for a good server (especially horde(even better if you're not a baddy)) - this is a good realm, lot of chances for pvp and pve progression.
I'm going to have to shoot down about that entire first post. I've been on Emerald Dream for almost a year now and I have -never once- come across a group RPing, and very rarely will I ever see an RP guild(that is atleast strictly RP and not 'PvE perks/rp/raid/rbg-PvP' guild) actually recruiting.
You clearly don't look around much or on at times where this doesn't happen. But I know I have seen RP almost daily, are weekly events we do pull in 10+ from our guild and normally end up with other people joining us when they stumble onto us. We hang out in the villages and town as opposed to cities.

- Ghostlands Areas
- Fairbreeze
- Sunstrider Isle
- Brill
Is the RP here like wymcrest? No. But it is here, and can be found. There a number of weekly events that due draw crowds and let people interact and find people to role play with. What a lot of people seem to not always think about it. Is you need to search out RP at times, it will not always throw itself into your face. And some people are going to be harder to interact with then other. Like Emzy is far less social outside her circle then my Kory is. Kory is my hyper bubbly rogue who talks to anyone and everyone, so it's easier to find random RP with her. So think about it, look for like minded people. And you can and will find RP here.
bump for server pride!

Great WPvP here. It's refreshing to see that when the Horde shows up in Goldshire (and they do!), they're gnot invited into the Lion's Pride or a party but end up as fertilizer.

Remember Theramore! *gnomefist*
09/27/2012 11:25 AMPosted by Cæzar
I'm going to have to shoot down about that entire first post. I've been on Emerald Dream for almost a year now and I have -never once- come across a group RPing, and very rarely will I ever see an RP guild(that is atleast strictly RP and not 'PvE perks/rp/raid/rbg-PvP' guild) actually recruiting.

(( Have you been hiding under a rock? Because I found group RP the first day I was here, and more in the months since I transferred than in 2 years on a regular RP realm.))
(Req Sticky)

We've heard about Horde side RPPVP, and Alliance wPvP, what about the alliance roleplay? I love wpvp with a passion, and I love the sound of a vanilla feel to the community.. but is there a good amount of alliance roleplayers? Obviously not in the MG/WRA sense but I don't want to have too hard a time looking for roleplay in the world, ya know?

As long as you're not asking for it in Trade Chat, you're doing good. Feel free to hop into our /RP channel (I think the Alliance equivalent is "/LFRP"? Or something to that effect?). Either way, feel free to hop in, or come to our realm via CRZ and give it a shot!

Alliance channel is /RP as well. But I think some people still use the /LFRP... either way, it is definitely not like the horde channel. Cause, you know, people actually use the channel on horde.

But yeah, Alliance RP is guild centric. Thursday nights are tavern night in the Blue Recluse (hosted by House Blackstone) and there are other things as well that go on, but I've been kind of out of the RP loop for a couple months now.
My timezone is oceanic, do you think Ill be able to still meet players here
Also, are you guys CRZ'd to Moon Guard? I have ALTs there
OK thanks, Im also an RP'er by heart so I'm torn between Moon Guard and this realm. i guess ill make a DK here and decide for myself