Will 5.1 have new raid content?

Dungeons, Raids and Scenarios
Post Limit:
09/20/2012 05:34 PMPosted by Babzidu
THey mentioned a ulduar length and style raid for 5.1

BLIZZARD.

I WILL GIVE YOU HALF OF MY ORGANS FOR THIS. TAKE MY LEGS, I WON'T NEED THEM. TAKE IT ALL. MY LOVE, MY MONEY, AND MOST OF MY BODY.

Your going to make me go find that post arent you.... you little legless wonder.
09/20/2012 06:06 PMPosted by Sarosha
Your going to make me go find that post arent you.... you little legless wonder.

YES. I WILL WADDLE GANGNAM STYLE FOR IT.

PLZ.
PLZ.
SAROSHA IF YOU'RE LYING TO ME THERE WILL BE PAIN.

YES. I WILL WADDLE GANGNAM STYLE FOR IT.

PLZ.
PLZ.
SAROSHA IF YOU'RE LYING TO ME THERE WILL BE PAIN.

Here

The plan is still for more content to be released faster than before to keep players engaged with relevant content and not bored. They are also committed to reducing the time between the last major content patch and the next expansion.
Blizzard is not satisfied with the current status of 25-player raids and are still actively seeking a solution.
Raid Finder and scenarios will hopefully one day make it down to lower level content.
Upon being asked about another raid like Ulduar: "In fact, our next raid zone after these may be right up your alley...."
Ulduar like hardmode toggles will be added as appropriate.

It does NOT say 5.1, but it is planned.

See the Reddit interview.

Of course I like the idea they talk about of more LFR, and more scenarios, hopefully ones better than theramore.
09/20/2012 06:51 PMPosted by Sarosha
Upon being asked about another raid like Ulduar: "In fact, our next raid zone after these may be right up your alley...."

Please God, be true.

PLEASE.
09/20/2012 07:07 PMPosted by Babzidu

Please God, be true.

PLEASE.

Gooooooooo tooooooo Reddddiitttttttttttt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I no longer trust or believe anything Bli$$ard says.

Only time will tell if they actually produce more content or if they continue with the
gear = content method that was DS.

I'm not buying into MoP until I see how the patch after 5.0 drops. Just remember Cata launched with 3 raids but then we got FL and DS.

MoP has a few (not sure how many atm) raid at release but who knows what will follow.
09/20/2012 08:30 PMPosted by Gorea
I'm not buying into MoP until I see how the patch after 5.0 drops. Just remember Cata launched with 3 raids but then we got FL and DS.

We were also promised Abyssal Maw alongside Firelands, but they cancelled it.

As if that wasn't bad enough, they actually had the gall to make Dragon Soul a raid with 100% reused models with zero originality.

Now now, Spine wasn't reused. (har har)

In all seriousness, though, if they pull another Cataclysm in terms of all the cut content, a lot more people are going to be dropping their subs. Pet battles and scenarios won't tide people over through that kind of crapstorm.
09/20/2012 08:23 PMPosted by Annathraxis
MoP has a few (not sure how many atm) raid at release but who knows what will follow.
That's my biggest concern about MoP right now. t14 looks great, but so did t11 and we all saw how Cata ended up.
If the later raid tiers keep up the pace in terms of quantity and quality, then MoP could be quite amazing.
Just to reiterate, it's probably just a couple of bosses with hardmode options. Here's the quote from the wowcrendor interview:

"We have a couple of encounters that kind of harken back to what a lot players really like about Ulduar, which is, if we do the boss in this unusual and more challenging way we get a shot at getting even better loot. So we're experimenting a little bit with that."

I wanted to post this because I do want anyone getting their hopes up. I'm personally only expecting to see this on a couple of bosses at most, if it even makes it live. I'm already expecting the 'why you no make ulduar2.0?!!!' or 'this is nothing like ulduar' posts.
I wanted to post this because I do want anyone getting their hopes up. I'm personally only expecting to see this on a couple of bosses at most, if it even makes it live. I'm already expecting the 'why you no make ulduar2.0?!!!' or 'this is nothing like ulduar' posts.

Yeah. from what i read, i vaguely recall it going to be for like 3-5(at most) fights. To test the waters.
I doubt there will be a raid in 5.1 if things go as planned. Blizzard said that 5.1 will be coming faster than most people expect. With everything that comes with a new expansion plus 16 bosses to kill, they will have to give people a chance to get through it all.

I would expect a new raid 5 - 6 months after launch, which is about average time. That's not "quicker than expected," so it leads me to believe that 5.1 will be new content, but not new raids.

Of course, things could change like they did in Cata, so who knows for sure.
I'd actually be more ok with the first tier "dragging" than the 3rd tier, the first tier historically takes longer because of getting accustomed, leveling, and having only blues going into raid.
09/21/2012 01:45 PMPosted by Postonforums
I'd actually be more ok with the first tier "dragging" than the 3rd tier, the first tier historically takes longer because of getting accustomed, leveling, and having only blues going into raid.

Same, mostly because the first tier is usually one of the strongest.
I doubt 5.1 will have raiding content but I suspect we'll still get 4 tiers. I think Blizzard may be transitioning to a different content model. Instead of releasing 1 big patch with new dailies and a new raid every 6 months release smaller content patches every 3 alternating between new dailies and new raids.

So we'll see 5.1 in 2.5 to 3 months and it will have some new casual content and 2.5 to 3 months after that we'll get T15. This keeps there from being long droughts without new content, for casual players on the tier patches, 5.0, 5.2, etc they can do LFR as their content and on causal patches, 5.1, 5.3, etc they can do the casual content. For raiders the situation is a bit less rosy but I'm not sure we can get a big high quality tier released more often then about every 5 months at the fastest.
Just confirmed 5.1 is going to be scenarios and dailys.
If 5.1 arrives in three months, and doesn't bump the "tier" counter, it's not clear why anyone should complain. The time-to-next tier (in 5.2, I presume) wouldn't have been changed from the previous systems.
For all we know that could mean an instance full of Iron Dwarf, Medium Rare.

That made me laugh so hard that I woke up other people in the house.
If 5.1 arrives in three months, and doesn't bump the "tier" counter, it's not clear why anyone should complain. The time-to-next tier (in 5.2, I presume) wouldn't have been changed from the previous systems.

IDK about complain, but it would certainly generate snark if they don't actually speed up time-to-next-tier when the last two expansions of "feedback", "our plan is" involves actually speeding up time-to-next-tier.
From MMOChamp:

Q: It was mentioned a couple of times that the objective was to release patches faster for this expansion, does it mean smaller patches and a better organization of content to keep players busy? What can we expect from Patch 5.1 and 5.2 for example?
A: We want to deliver patches as quickly as possible, but every patch can't be a gigantic 4.3 type patch. We still want to be able to deliver something to players as quickly as possible.

We are looking at a method where we can deliver a patch that might have a set of daily quests, scenarios, and some new content very quickly while at the same time the entire team is working on a raid patch. A little bit of time after that the raid patch would come out, and we would continue with another patch that had some scenarios, daily quests, a battleground and then that would be followed in that same space of time by another raid patch.

The idea being that we are always updating the content for players and we would create spaces in between patches that allow for players to consume the amount of content coming in the raid patches. Releasing a raid and then releasing another patch two months later doesn't make a lot of sense. It doesn't give people enough time to actually be able to experience everything there is in a raid. There is a minimum time frame that you need but we are already working like crazy on Patch 5.1 and 5.2. Those patches are already far along in progress.

As far as what you will be seeing, Patch 5.1 will continue the Alliance and Horde conflict, which we are really going to push home. Alliance and Horde are going to land on the shores of Pandaria and transform the area they land in. There will be a number of daily quests and scenarios to go with it. That is what we are planning, obviously it is still in progress, but we want to get that out to players very quickly.