Launcher won't go past "initializing"

Technical Support
I downloaded all the recent patches for both WoW and Diablo and played them both and tried them out (Not playing much until MOP comes out). About a week ago I tried to get on Diablo and all it says is "initializing" down in the bottom corner... Let it sit there for 5-10 mins before closing it and reopening. Same thing, it doesn't ever work. I don't get a loading bar or anything. I decide to log on WoW instead, same thing, just says initializing!

It doesn't even bring up any of the "Top News" stuff or anything on the launcher. It's just a blank launcher, no loading bar, a greyed out "PLAY" button, and the word initializing in the bottom corner!

I'm running on windows 7 ultimate, so it's not related to all the MAC issues i've been reading about <_<

I can't figure out what the problem could be :( Just started up out of nowhere! Anyone else having this issue?
I had that issue as well. I got around it by going into the World of Warcraft program folder and just launching wow.exe instead of the launcher.
Clicked on every WoW.exe file there was (World of Warcraft Launcher.exe, WoW (64-bit).exe, and WoW.exe) and none worked. Same with Diablo...

I don't know why there is 3 though <_<
Any other suggestions besides reinstalling?
Yea its been like that for me for a couple of days now too >_< a Blue would be most helpful here.

I'm running on XP and just reinstalled a few days ago after the "so called" Agent issues and now this )=
Glad to hear I'm not the only person... sorry it's happening to you as well but glad to hear i'm not alone XD
yeah likewise haha.. let me know when you got a solution I've just about tried everything and I'd rather avoid another 21g download X_x...
Yeah, I've been running around trying to figure out how to solve this issue but nothing that I've tried seems to work. I'm trying to save just plain reinstalling as a last resort, since I can still launch wow.exe, because I've read in other threads where they've done that and still have the issue. D:
yea thats where I originally go through to play the game xD oh well it looks like maybe waiting for MOP to launch could be the only light at the end of the tunnel haha
No blues have anything on this?
09/14/2012 05:08 PMPosted by Gorthen
It doesn't even bring up any of the "Top News" stuff or anything on the launcher. It's just a blank launcher, no loading bar, a greyed out "PLAY" button, and the word initializing in the bottom corner!

There's a number of servers it contacts when the Launcher comes up.

It also used to use IE as it's html engine to render content. I understand they've move that to Webkit/Chrome now.

So could either be difficulties in reaching the servers it needs to reach or something to do with the HTML render engine it uses.

First Switch your DNS to Google Open DNS :

https://developers.google.com/speed/public-dns/docs/using

Then let's do a DNS flush :

www.whatsmydns.net/flush-dns.html

There's a number of servers it contacts when the Launcher comes up.

It also used to use IE as it's html engine to render content. I understand they've move that to Webkit/Chrome now.

So could either be difficulties in reaching the servers it needs to reach or something to do with the HTML render engine it uses.

First Switch your DNS to Google Open DNS :

https://developers.google.com/speed/public-dns/docs/using

Then let's do a DNS flush :

www.whatsmydns.net/flush-dns.html

Did it all, didn't work.
Have you tried deleting the Battle.net folders and letting the Launcher rebuild them ?

Should be at :

- Win 7/8/Vista: "C:\ProgramData\Battle.net"
- Windows XP: "C:\Document and settings\All Users\Application Data\Battle.net"

Are you on a colleague , university or corporate connection ?

Do you have any security , antiviral or firewall software running ?
Have you tried deleting the Battle.net folders and letting the Launcher rebuild them ?

Should be at :

- Win 7/8/Vista: "C:\ProgramData\Battle.net"
- Windows XP: "C:\Document and settings\All Users\Application Data\Battle.net"

THIS WORKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YEAH! THANK YOU SO MUCH!
I'm having the same problem. Blizzard really needs to fix this.
my video driver just kept failing while trying to play WoW. Caused some shadowing issues so i exited the game and took my videocard completley out of my comp. (should add that its a Geforce 450 so not that terrible) and dusted it all out so its not overheating issues. I also updated the driver software to current and everything. Now for some reason it won't get past the downloader says its initializing but wont actually load anything. I've almost given up this is my last desperate attempt to fix please help. I've tried deleting the battle.net folder in said folders above but it doesnt work. I've read all of the above as well and nothing seems to work.
Right, this might not be a help to everyone, but it might be for people who like me are in a college/university room.
The launcher couldn't initialize because alot of unis block torrents, which prevented the WoW.tfil to be created/updated, which in return just kept the launcher hanging.
Easy solution was: delete battle.net folders and then replace the WoW.tfil file in you World of Warcraft folder with the one supplied here : http://patchup.info/wow/tfil/EU/
Just restart your launcher, let it update, and with a bit of luck (if your problem is the same as mine was) you'll see the download start.

Good luck!