Where is the MoP Event??

General Discussion
Is the only event going to be a scenario?? With 5 people??

Burning Crusade: Major Worldwide Event, Opening of the Dark Portal at Midnight
Wrath of the Lich King: Scourge Invasion, Frost Wyrms attack Cities, Zombie Infestation
Cataclysm: Elementals Destroying Orgrimmar, Twilight Hammer Return, Reclaiming Troll and Gnome Cities
Mists of Pandaria: A Scenario?

Come on... we need some kind of disturbance in the game!!

Wrath of the Lich King: Scourge Invasion, Frost Wyrms attack Cities, Zombie Infestation
Cataclysm: Elementals Destroying Orgrimmar, Twilight Hammer Return.

3 people Not 5... blame QQers for the loss of fun events.
Those cool events were too "disruptive".
09/15/2012 07:52 AMPosted by Ashley

Zombie Infestation > All IMO... every game needs a little spice every once and while, LOL
09/15/2012 07:49 AMPosted by Mastinor

You obviously missed the Great DK Plague of 2012

Zombie Infestation > All IMO... every game needs a little spice every once and while, LOL

I loved the events but I'm just gonna be happy we get an event at all... Less QQ more pew pew!

and Thayi So true :P

Burning Crusade: Opening of the Dark Portal through which demons were seeking entry to Azeroth
Wrath of the Lich King: The Lich King sets in motion his plan to conquer Azeroth by attacking Horde and Alliance
Cataclysm: Twilight Hammer reappears

Mists of Pandaria: A LOST continent that has not been found for 10,000 years will be discovered when we actually go there with the expansion. What are you thinking would make sense for a world event to discover a lost continent BEFORE it's discovered?

Scenarios are a brand new feature for WoW, so they're using one to kick off the war with the Horde attack on Theramore. They discussed doing a naval battle event, but that would be a lot of never before done aspects and a lot of development for a 1-2 week use. I suppose they could have just reused the original Scourge invasion and put Horde and Alliance soldiers in random zones for you to go out and fight.

Also, keep in mind....

Burning Crusade: Kill 20 demons, here's your tabard that's reusing a graphic already in game.
Wrath of the Lich King: WAAAAAAAAAAAAH, you're interrupting MY game time! This is wrong Blizz, never again WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH
Cataclysm: OMG elementals, I can't use auction house for 5 minutes WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

I think it's new and different and the massive amount of effort going into Pandaria and lasting content at end game seems like it was a better use of resources.

Burning Crusade: Opening of the Dark Portal through which demons were seeking entry to Azeroth
Wrath of the Lich King: The Lich King sets in motion his plan to conquer Azeroth by attacking Horde and Alliance
Cataclysm: Twilight Hammer reappears

Mists of Pandaria: A LOST continent that has not been found for 10,000 years will be discovered when we actually go there with the expansion. What are you thinking would make sense for a world event to discover a lost continent BEFORE it's discovered?

Scenarios are a brand new feature for WoW, so they're using one to kick off the war with the Horde attack on Theramore. They discussed doing a naval battle event, but that would be a lot of never before done aspects and a lot of development for a 1-2 week use. I suppose they could have just reused the original Scourge invasion and put Horde and Alliance soldiers in random zones for you to go out and fight.

Also, keep in mind....

Burning Crusade: Kill 20 demons, here's your tabard that's reusing a graphic already in game.
Wrath of the Lich King: WAAAAAAAAAAAAH, you're interrupting MY game time! This is wrong Blizz, never again WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH
Cataclysm: OMG elementals, I can't use auction house for 5 minutes WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

I think it's new and different and the massive amount of effort going into Pandaria and lasting content at end game seems like it was a better use of resources.

And sadly, some people will actually QQ about this too. I'm not qqing, I just was curious as to if there were plans for any other events..

But I do remember the Zombie Infestation, and how controversial it was...
Faroth, you make a good point. This is the first expansion where we aren't being confronted with an external threat, so the "invasion" style of the previous pre-expansion events wouldn't really work.

That said, I do wish there was more happening out in the world. I'm really excited for Theramore, but I'd love to see Blizzard use the Horde/Alliance story tensions as a great opportunity to encourage world PVP ("Horde forces are attacking in X place, Alliance is pushing somewhere else").
09/15/2012 08:04 AMPosted by Gávinn
Wasnt this scenario supposed to be open today?

Next Tuesday good sir the 18 till the 25 :P
It was cut so they could finish MoP. The interview's on MMO Champ somewhere.
09/15/2012 08:06 AMPosted by Zagden
It was cut so they could finish MoP. The interview's on MMO Champ somewhere.

Here's the full quote from the buffed.de interview:

buffed: We learned that the Theramore scenario will be available during the week prior to MoP's launch. Some of our readers were wondering whether there would be additional content -- quests or events -- to go along with that as pre event for the expansion.

Street: The Theramore scenario is really our content leading up to the launch. And the launch isn't that far away at this point. We don't have a big Scourge invasion type event this time. We originally talked about maybe doing some type of fleet battle, but it was so ambitious that we worried it would actually cut into our development time of Mists of Pandaria. At the end of the day we figured players would rather have an awesome expansion that lasts them a year or two than a launch event that would only last a couple of weeks.
Considering how much people complain every time they do a world event, I'm not really surprised.

Anything that disrupts people's ability to grind away mindlessly gets shut down by the mob.

at least the scenario isn't as lame as the Elemental "invasion" where the city got invaded by elementals who just stand there like hobo's begging for change until you poke them.

Zombie event was still the best.

I ate so many Gold Spammers.

Except I see Pandas everywhere, even floating in the air above the water in Darn ...
...Yeah, I'm not sure what they'd do as a world event.