Mists of Pandaria Launch Times: ANZ

Oceanic General Discussion
Post Limit:
Soon, intrepid explorers of the Alliance and the Horde will be able to set foot upon the shores of the long-lost continent of Pandaria and embark on a perilous journey to uncover its ancient mysteries.

While heroic adventurers hailing from Australia and New Zealand can purchase a copy of Mists of Pandaria directly from www.warcraft.com, they can also pick up the game at their favourite retailer on Tuesday, September 25th beginning at 9 AM local time. (9 AM NZST/9 AM AEST/9 AM ACST/9 AM AWST)

For a handy reference, the game servers will go live at:

New Zealand Standard Time: 7:00 PM
Australian Eastern Standard Time: 5:00 PM
Australian Central Standard Time: 4:30 PM
Australian Western Standard Time: 3:00 PM

The new continent reveals itself to a broken world just as the Alliance and Horde are spiralling ever closer to a war that will consume all of Azeroth. Will the mists of Pandaria part to reveal the world's salvation? Or will the battle to control this rich and breathtaking new land push the two mighty factions over the brink of war and into total annihilation? The answers await within Pandaria's mysterious shores!
09/18/2012 04:44 PMPosted by Arcagnion
New Zealand Standard Time: 7:00 PM

And I'll be at work.

:(
make an aussie server.
Heya Arcagnion,

Any news if the Oceanic Realms will be going down for maintenance at either 2000 (3AM PDT) or 2200 (5AM PDT) that evening also? It seems to me that while it's early morning and suitable for the servers to go down for the US players it may interrupt the oceanic play times especially if we encounter queues as per the norm for a new xpac.

Cheers,
Mith.
Any news if the Oceanic Realms will be going down for maintenance at either 2000 (3AM PDT) or 2200 (5AM PDT) that evening also? It seems to me that while it's early morning and suitable for the servers to go down for the US players it may interrupt the oceanic play times especially if we encounter queues as per the norm for a new xpac.Cheers,Mith.

Hi Mith -At this stage no maintenance is planned for ANZ, but there may be some hotfixes and the like related to the launch. If I hear anything new then I will definitely post it here.
Heya Arcagnion,

Excellent - <taps fingertips together excitedly>

Thanks for the quick reply!

Cheers,
Mith.
Does that mean that in, say, Victoria, we will be able to play mists of pandaria at 7:00 pm?
@galcouri it says EST is 5pm. So that would mean in Vic we get to play at... 5pm haha
im just wondering when will the sever go live if ur central time zone?? thanks for the reply :)
09/24/2012 01:10 PMPosted by Blastwave
im just wondering when will the sever go live if ur central time zone?? thanks for the reply :)

Australian Central Standard Time? 4:30 PM

Not too long to go now!
all still planned 5pm est?
any big updates, guessing if be did the pre order on battle.net we already have the content.
hot fixes will be to pretty much activate the content?
Got to love that queue at 4:30 pm after a random disconnect and having to wait 30 minutes. Now the joy of waiting 194 minutes after disconnecting in the capital. Guess things will only get better.
hey Arcagnion,

Right now there are 3000+ques and 3-4hour wait times on Frostmourne will there be free server transfers? Sadly I have been in que for 3 and a half hours got in lagged then DC and boom 4 hour wait now. :( Please tell me you will give free transfers because it is unfair that I paid for MoP and cant play with about 6-7 hours before i can get in with the DC within 1min of logging in.
Hi Nightmother, you have probably already seen this blog, but yes we do have free transfers from Frostmourne. Hope this helps to get you back into Pandaria sooner!
Hi. I have some real problems calculating PDT. I have no idea where the servers are (so I can estimate a time zone) - I look up Pacic Daylight Time on the internet and it gives me around 7 different zones in the United States alone (not counting Daylight savings time); and daylight savings has just kicked in here in Melbourne. I have just logged on and it says maintainance will be from 5am to 7am PDT. Does that mean it (the servers) will be down for ONLY 2 hours. They stuck a 9 in there (assiming maintainance starts on the 9th of this month) is that a 24 hour period? and servers are back up on the 10th at 7am? Very, very unclear and confusing. It is obvious that Blizzard isn't going to change the way they advertise the maintainance times, so...I was wondering; if you could (Arcagnion) translate the maintainance times for us? It would be a little extra for you, but I assume you post here a fair bit. It would be very much appreciated (I know I'm not the only one that has problems)...sort of how you have done it for the Pandara launch times :-) Alternativley, is there some way we can get a "Time Converter" incorperated on the Blizzard site somewhere? I can calculate time from any timezone - "Zulu", "Lima", "Kilo", etc I just need a reference point OTHER than PDT. What is PDT? (and for all those people who are going to say "Just take 5 hours, 17 hours on, whatever idiot", it isn't that easy)
a
Melbourne (Australia - Victoria)

Midnight between Monday, 8 October 2012 and Tuesday, 9 October 2012

EDT

UTC+11 hours

Los Angeles (U.S.A. - California)

Monday, 8 October 2012 at 6:00:00 AM

PDT

UTC-7 hours

Corresponding UTC (GMT)

Monday, 8 October 2012 at 13:00:00

So we have one hour to wait if the servers are in Los Angeles (LA)? (Using UTC -7) is that right ? or are we waiting for the 9th October 2012 in LA? (24 hours). I'll stay up 'till 1:15 am (AEDST) to answer my own question, but I hope you understand where I'm coming from :-)
What I use is a site called timeanddate.com
On the front page of that site, it has a link called: Time Zone Converter
All you need to do is put in the time zone of PDT with the details and it will convert it to your nearest location.
Hope that helps!