Mists of Pandaria Midnight Activation Details

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 12 Next
so i have a question maybe you guys can help, I have prepurchased MoP and am up to date with the latest patch. Do I need to install or predownoad any content to be able to play on release night? Or was all of that predownload on the last patch and is just locked at the moment. I just dont wanna log on release night and find out I got 15 gigs to download or something lol
09/21/2012 12:01 PMPosted by Zarhym
So, can i log out at 11:55pm (PDT of course) and sit at the character creation screen for 5 minutes for the Monk icon to "light up" and gets to creating right at 12:00? or will I need to log completely first?

Yes, if you sit at the login screen the buttons will become enabled in real time. You shouldn't need to logout of your account. :)

Wow that's awesome. I was wondering if I'd have to keep logging out and back in to check, heh.
I am equal parts excited and terrified.

(Cata's launch went great for me, but I still have scars from D3.)
Will I have to log into each of my characters for them to start getting rested XP or will that happen automatically?

You can still make non-monk pandaren characters, and race change to pandaren, I think...

And pet battles..

can't make a monk or go above 85 without the exap. so not really helping most players.

Yes, just making a suggestion for those who don't want to change their boxed copy pre-order plans, for what they are able to do.
09/21/2012 12:08 PMPosted by Akkashaa
I'm in the same boat. GameStop isn't doing a midnight release here for the same reason. I was all happy I got a collector's addition reserved until I found out I can't play till I get off work the next day and go pick it up during business hours.

Yeah, there is a free 10 day trail on the battle.net account page for MOP, but it is grayed out and I have no idea if it will even be aviable on release date or if it includes leveling.

Guess the ones that payed the extra money for physical Collectors are getting the sort end of the stick.
What about us with 25 dailies? Did you guys test that yet haha
09/21/2012 12:22 PMPosted by Jettia
I'm in the same boat. GameStop isn't doing a midnight release here for the same reason. I was all happy I got a collector's addition reserved until I found out I can't play till I get off work the next day and go pick it up during business hours.

Yeah, there is a free 10 day trail on the battle.net account page for MOP, but it is grayed out and I have no idea if it will even be aviable on release date or if it includes leveling.

Guess the ones that payed the extra money for physical Collectors are getting the sort end of the stick.

What did you expect? Its always been this way with WoW lol.
im on illidan soooo yeah who cares about you alliance lol were horde capital good luck raiding our server
So, what happens at midnight for those of us with Mists ready to go?

I think I can expand a bit on the blue post.

12:05 - Crash repeatedly while zoning into Pandaria on the quest ship
01:00 - Made it to Pandaria, get stuck on one of the unskippable storyline quests as 100s of others are trying to kill/gather the exact same things as you
02:00 World Server Down
03:00 Fall asleep on login screen
I vaguely remember during the D3 launch, there was something in place so that if you got a digital download, and then added the CE to your account, it would refund you the difference.

I can't remember if this was actually a thing, but if it was, can we expect the same for MoP? I'd love to start playing at midnight and it would be a bummer to not be able to because I wanted the CE (my local gamestop isn't doing a midnight release)
Seems like the physical versions should ship a little early at this point. It's not like getting it early would give you any advantage, but it would allow those who prefer a physical copy to get started at the same time as those who purchase a digital copy.
09/21/2012 12:26 PMPosted by Makeout
So, what happens at midnight for those of us with Mists ready to go?

I think I can expand a bit on the blue post.

12:05 - Crash repeatedly while zoning into Pandaria on the quest ship
01:00 - Made it to Pandaria, get stuck on one of the unskippable storyline quests as 100s of others are trying to kill/gather the exact same things as you
02:00 World Server Down
03:00 Fall asleep on login screen

Exactly this.
I have a question regarding time zones. I am on a PDT server but I live in EDT timezone. Am i going to have to wait until 3am to play?
09/21/2012 12:24 PMPosted by Ríckross
What about us with 25 dailies? Did you guys test that yet haha

Second this question. For those of us that preloaded 25 completed dailies to help with the push to 86, how will this work? Will we get the quest when we turn in our first daily? Will it bug out? Will it require a visit to the quest board?
09/21/2012 12:24 PMPosted by Tonkaden

What did you expect? Its always been this way with WoW lol.

No, it hasn't. This is the first time for purchasing a Digital copy of a WOW expansion, and the first time a lot of game stores won't be open for midnight release.
09/21/2012 12:30 PMPosted by Somberz
I have a question regarding time zones. I am on a PDT server but I live in EDT timezone. Am i going to have to wait until 3am to play?

Looks like it, that's how it worked for Cataclysm as well. The realm time is irrelevant for the purposes of access.
Launch time is 12 PST, doesn't matter what your realm time is.