Defensive Stance - PVP

Warrior
The new OP for pvp? Permanent 25% damage reduction. All at the loss of heroic striking....

Put it this way, when being hard kited i can generate my rage through MS, Second wind (gain 20 rage over 10seconds when hit by a stun or immobilize), battle shout, berserker, and of course charge. (still yet to try bull rush glyph as well)

CS-free
overpower-free
MS-generator

The drawback is of course, less slams. but even in beta atm this passive reduction is INCREDIBLE.

Love it. But will we see it nerfed?
Discuss!
Still dpsing with a 2h let me add.
i really hope it isn't nerfed, however duelers across the board are just whinging about it non-stop when coupled with second wind.
The game is balanced around 3v3 and two DPS can more than easily set up a kill on a warrior.

I got this guy up the past week specifically for next season, have really wanted to play Warrior recently but it was a flop in late-cata.
Pwz dun nurf me bliz :(
Just going to repeat myself here just incase some dev sees this - if one person can burst through D-stance and your only healing mechanic (second wind) -- then it is definitely not overpowered for 3v3.

Agreed with Brokenstorm - don't incite QQers to scream for nerfs.
Discussing new mechanics is not aloud now?
My post is opinionated, and that being said is what i believe to be true.
Yet I still want to hear others discuss it.

Me implying its overpowered doesn't make it so. That my friend is clearly in the eyes of the beholder.

Your reasons for it NOT being OP are fair, although others would point out that soul link isn't overtuned due to the fact you can dps their pet to hurt the lock and vise versa.
09/16/2012 12:54 AMPosted by Tirky
if one person can burst through D-stance and your only healing mechanic (second wind) -- then it is definitely not overpowered for 3v3.

This
I don't think it's OP. Heck, I'll admit it will be pretty handy for warriors to survive longer when being kited.
The new OP for pvp? Permanent 25% damage reduction. All at the loss of heroic striking....

Love it. But will we see it nerfed?
Discuss!

OP for what? Duels? Because we're still getting wrecked when we get focused in group pvp.
It's helpful, but it doesn't turn us into unkillable demi-gods or anything.

I don't really see how it would be called OPed. I don't duel, mind you, so I can't say with any real experience how it effects those - but in group PvP, it feels helpful but not hugely game-changing.

It's kept me alive longer when defending a node, as intended. Still died when no help came, or won when it did - and that's group PvP for you.
One DPS alone can blow through def stance + 2nd wind in seconds. I PvP in prot and can tell you from experience. I just got out of EoTS where ice lance crit me for 14k and frostfire bolt crit for 19k. That's two instant cast abilities, while 2nd wind heals for a whopping 4k.

2nd wind/def stance is only OP vs. players in bad gear.
Hmm.. A minor defensive increase at the loss of so much rage doesn't seem right to me at all, it's downright stupid.
Way to much rage loss while in def stance no way i could ever see it being useful out side of 1v1s lack of rage would make our pressure non existent.
<checks armory>

...given the 384 gear, complete lack of PvP ranking on (his) warrior, and the subject at hand, I should opine the OP is trolling.
I just feel that warriors got the short end of the stick no matter how you look at it. Either way, any bg I've been in, the top dps are always ranged and the majority of them are mana users. On some occasions, I do find FDK's are the one melee class that get up there with the exception of some warriors that have healers all over them.
Hehe yeah... op is 'trolling' <.< >.> <.<

Having a 25% (basically a minor defensive cooldown) up 24/7 sucks! Why would anyone do that haha! Ha!

I haven't been abusing this the whole time, no way no how! What a joke of an idea 'OP!'

Seriously though, when you are arms most of your abilities don't even cost rage. When you don't have 100% uptime, you won't even notice the lack of rage, because you actually generate more when being kited.

If you take second wind, prioritize the non rage abilities, you will have no problem dealing damage. On a target dummy in pvp gear I was doing about 28k in battle, and about 25k in defensive. That's with 100% up time, and slamming with the better colossus smash. The gap is even less in pvp.

If you aren't abusing this as arms, I don't know what to say. Unless you are not being attacked and just beating on a healer, you should be in D stance as arms all the time.
^ His word is law.
Hehe yeah... op is 'trolling' <.< >.> <.<

Having a 25% (basically a minor defensive cooldown) up 24/7 sucks! Why would anyone do that haha! Ha!

I haven't been abusing this the whole time, no way no how! What a joke of an idea 'OP!'

Seriously though, when you are arms most of your abilities don't even cost rage. When you don't have 100% uptime, you won't even notice the lack of rage, because you actually generate more when being kited.

If you take second wind, prioritize the non rage abilities, you will have no problem dealing damage. On a target dummy in pvp gear I was doing about 28k in battle, and about 25k in defensive. That's with 100% up time, and slamming with the better colossus smash. The gap is even less in pvp.

If you aren't abusing this as arms, I don't know what to say. Unless you are not being attacked and just beating on a healer, you should be in D stance as arms all the time.

09/16/2012 11:34 AMPosted by Klaypool
^ His word is law.

YAAAY! Two More Warriors with Zero Ranking... Lots of Kills and Titles, though. Pretty sure bet all that was NOT done as Arms, Protection, or Fury.

Clearly you guys must "PvP" with your Warrs as much as I do. :) Thanks for your opinion on our mechanics though. Worth a chuckle.