Fall of Theramore

Dungeons, Raids and Scenarios
Prev 1 3 4 5 Next
09/18/2012 01:49 PMPosted by Postonforums
It fails BADLY at telling the story though.

Big time.
09/18/2012 02:16 PMPosted by Nery
By following that logic, Dragon Soul would've been amazing...

Exactly.

Dragonsoul must be the best raid ever.

Especially at 35%, and the new loot system is so perfect.

and Cataclysm has been the best expansion ever.
You guys must have missed the real world event, the DK bug and culling of Moon Guard Goldshire.
09/18/2012 01:11 AMPosted by Nery

Except Highlord Kruul didn't spawn in any cities. People who say stuff like that are making it up; he only appeared at random in any zone outside of the cities, and he was remarkably uninteresting if he appeared in the middle of the Hinterlands.

I vividly remember fighting Kruul in Ironforge. O.o

a horde put it there. I fought him in stormwind...
yes the word is disappointment!!!!

the dev team went all out on this one.
or took about 5 min out of their busy day to make this one of the worst events ever!

i almost went to sleep doing it

if this is what to expect in mop then i dont see how anyone could buy it .
I think they should have used CRZ to host a world event. They could have ported players to shared versions of Theramore that were modified to include PvE and PvP objectives. The objectives could be simple, familiar concepts like kill X number of grunts, then X number captains, etc. Simple dailies would be easy to implement and everyone's efforts could be combined towards unlocking a new phase, very much like Isle of Quel'danas. Basically, give people a reason to stay and experience the event, not watch it whiz by the window from the car.

Hell, if nothing else they could have created a CRZ Ironforge with Kruul for people to opt into.
09/18/2012 02:45 PMPosted by Turagent
You guys must have missed the real world event, the DK bug and culling of Moon Guard Goldshire.

I personally tink griefing people with dk diseases was pretty low class, but 'Culling of Moon Guard Golshire' is priceless satire.
seems like an active topic, so this isn't really to complain about the scenario but rather the queue times.

i tried to queue for this yesterday and had a wait time of 1hr and couldn't stick around to wait for it.

try again today and it started @ 5 minutes then jumped up to 15, At the 20 minute mark now and still no queue.

Considering scenarios are supposed to be completed by 3 random people why are the queues so bad ? if it required a tank or healer i could understand
09/18/2012 12:21 PMPosted by Shorana
Yes, taking 15 minutes to runs hots means you cant have a life.

Yes, cause you can get fully geared in one HoT run.

I didn't know you need full HoT gear to make this scenario a borefest.
It's not meant to be difficult or challenging, just tell the story.

Don't recall wiping on the Wrathgate event either and everyone loved it..

At least it told a story properly. The Theramore story failed badly.

I did the Alliance version of the Battle for Undercity over 10 times....and when I did the Horde version, I regretted leveling all of those Alliance characters because the Horde one is completely superior.

I will remember the Battle for Undercity. That was decent for Alliance, pretty darn good for Horde.

This one, I can easily forget. Good thing I'm not hardcore like half of you on this game. I would have reason to quit this game by the end of this expansion.
09/18/2012 02:45 PMPosted by Turagent

It's such a sad day when this bug actually was more epic than the event, as Blizzard backtracked saying they never expected it to be important afterwards... ya...

I think they need a better internal test team, having to hotfix DOUBLE the health of an entire zone is pretty embarrassing.

I vividly remember fighting Kruul in Ironforge. O.o

a horde put it there. I fought him in stormwind...

My server tried real hard to lure him into Undercity, but he just didn't want to go.
I actually enjoyed most of the scenario. Didn't care too much for click a barrel that was already on a boat.. that felt artificial, but otherwise the experience was alright.

I liked running around killing everything in sight, it brought me back to when I was levelling up- having to cautiously place totems, pick and choose when/where to engage elites (which don't exist in the open world anymore) and I loved that part where you face a wall of humans just after blowing up the boats.

However... the ending sucked. I love blizzard and have been a loyal enthusiastic customer since Nov 2005 but I must admit that this scenario's conclusion was absolutely terrible! In essence: You are left standing there with a random blood elf guy telling you that you were just a distraction.

1. Blood elves do not add any feeling of epicness. I've never rescued a belf from a basement and felt impressed with myself (it happens 2 or 3 times in quests).
2. I want to take part in important parts of the game's story. Being a distraction without being told does n ot feel important.
3. Goin back to the blood elf... It should have been an orc...
The entire thing could have been improved by a fairly basic questline on the level of the Twilight Highlands portal-unlocking-questline thingy.

Get a quest that tells you to talk to Varian/Garrosh who has a dialogue and sends you to this other guy who sends you to Theramore and provides context? THAT's the realllllly low bar that would have made improved this.
09/17/2012 06:03 PMPosted by Postonforums
Even the 2,000,001 casual crusaders agreed that it was too simple.

Auspicious certainly isn't the word that leaps to mind. :)

I think they're adding these because it's really really cheap to do so. No new mob art, no new terrain art, just a bit of game logic (and the creation of that is probably heavily streamlined as well).

One impact of Scenarios, btw, stems from the desire to make them runnable with arbitrary specs. This is probably what led them to buff healer damage (hello, holy shock), with ... interesting ... implications for PvP.
09/18/2012 03:46 PMPosted by Shäress
the tragicly hilarious part is that the live MoP content will be even EASIER than the beta version if previous launches and PTRs are any indication

Blizzard devs have stated that they tune down the difficulty of PvE content on the beta, for testing, and because they overtune for release because they don't like to tune up difficulty after content has been released.
09/19/2012 06:27 AMPosted by Goblite
Blood elves do not add any feeling of epicness.

Especially when they're coming on to you. What was that about?
Blood elves do not add any feeling of epicness.

Especially when they're coming on to you. What was that about?

When I ran my troll through that caught me off-guard too. Talk about out of place and out of context. There's bad rp and there's wtf?