Mists of Pandaria Launch Times

General Discussion
Prev 1 11 12 13 17 Next
Great. Too bad I have to work tuesday morning so I wont get to see this new tech in action.
[quote]I don't know why people are even complaining about 3 am est launch time, it's been like that for every expansion, or blizzard release haha. Gives me more time to sleep ;)

I live in NY state and quite clearly recall getting to local Gamestop at about 11:30-11:45pm the night before WotLK was released. Stood in line outside the store for about 1 min when a clerk came out with a list of names that had pre-ordered and I got in. 10-20mins later I had it in my hand and heading home. By 12:30am, I was on the boat heading to Howling Fjord so I'm not sure why you think Blizzard has had the 3am EST launch time for ever expac but they haven't.
09/18/2012 10:27 AMPosted by Ovan
Yay, 3 AM EST >.>
Being EST, I'm happy for the PDT launch time, as it gives me 3 hours to purchase the collector's edition in-store, get back home, and have it applied, installed, and ready to go when the countdown ends.
You play the game online. Why not buy the game online from Blizz? Then it can be all downloaded and ready to go at 3am and you don't need to go anywhere at midnight. You can go to bed at 9pm instead and get up at 3am and play.
But then you don't get the art book, mouse pad, and other little perks of the collector's edition. If all I wanted was the pet and mount, sure I'd get the digital deluxe, but I want the physical items too, and the store often hands out extra goodies (posters and whatnot) as well. :/
So that would be 3:00 AM EST, Tuesday morning ? "12:00" is vague when it comes to which day it belongs to.
Often confusing, but not vague. The confusion, and corresponding misuse, has led to my prefering the 24-hour clock, but 12:00 a.m. refers to the first minute of the day, not the last. The use of a.m. should make this clear, as a.m. literally means "before noon", so the launch time is 12:00 "before noon" PDT, September 25. It would be incorrect to say 12:00 a.m. September 25th to indicate the night of the 25th.
It was midnight for East Coast for TBC and WotLK. WotLK had realm first achievements in the game. No one really complained. It was fine.
Not sure why Blizz. changed it for Cata. and now Mists. These kids who only started playing during WotLK and Cata. sigh, They think they know so much.
Thank you so much for this. I was going to be highly pissed off if it was midnight by each time zone. Where friends on the east coast would get to play 2 hours before me in mountian time. This is the best thing you could have done to make it fair for everyone to start playing at the same time instead of others getting a jump start because of their time zone.
09/21/2012 03:58 PMPosted by Haatus
Thank you so much for this. I was going to be highly pissed off if it was midnight by each time zone. Where friends on the east coast would get to play 2 hours before me in mountian time. This is the best thing you could have done to make it fair for everyone to start playing at the same time instead of others getting a jump start because of their time zone.

They've never done the release time zone by time zone. The entire region always gets a release at the same time, Classic/BC/WotLK at 12am EST & Cata/MoP at 12am PST. The difference is the latter is impractical & unreasonable for over half the US population to enjoy.
At least this way though, the whole country gets it at the same time though, I remember during BC launch, that my friends got theirs and were already playing on live servers at 1:00 am EST, while I was still in line at 11:00 pm that night waiting for midnight so that I could get my copy. Now because it starts at PST, everyone in the US has a fair chance to start when the servers launch.
09/21/2012 04:16 PMPosted by Haatus
At least this way though, the whole country gets it at the same time though, I remember during BC launch, that my friends got theirs and were already playing on live servers at 1:00 am EST, while I was still in line at 11:00 pm that night waiting for midnight so that I could get my copy. Now because it starts at PST, everyone in the US has a fair chance to start when the servers launch.

How is it even remotely fair to expect people with responsibilities like jobs or kids to be up at 3am on a workday? Meanwhile, all someone on the West coast would have to do to compensate for a 9pm local time launch is find a retailer smart enough to open their store early enough to match the launch time.
So its fair if I am wanting to try and be the first lvl 90 on my server, but the east coast got 2 hours before me to start towards it? Also, its "not allowed" to launch a game prior to its launch date, I used to work at a game store.
09/21/2012 04:35 PMPosted by Haatus
So its fair if I am wanting to try and be the first lvl 90 on my server, but the east coast got 2 hours before me to start towards it? Also, its "not allowed" to launch a game prior to its launch date, I used to work at a game store.

I'm waiting 15 hours thanks to work and keeping a normal sleep schedule. Is that any more fair? Again, it's much easier to find a retailer willing to break a street date. It's simple P&L for them. There's a penalty in their contract *if* they get caught and *if* that contract is so poorly worded that they can't sell the game at the publicly announced release hour, but if they think they can net enough sales to make it worth their while, they'll do it.
Dont spose we could get a list of the time it goes live for different time zones, wondering what the time / date for NZD players is
I'm getting a grimly delicious chuckle from all the East Coast QQ'ing... The vast majority of the media universe does everything on EST and feel the world should revolve around them.

The game will start when it starts... Just consider it an extra three hours to sleep, patch, load, do anything! If you're ready to go with the digital, just go to bed around 10ish and sleep until 30 mins to launch: you'll have an advantage over the West Coast folks by being sharp, caffeinated up, and still going strong hours after the PST folks are falling asleep at their keyboards.

That's my plan anyways...

The tall bamboo quakes
The mist at midnight lifting
Pandaria Ho!
I'll be sure to try and do what I did a LONG time ago and wake up at 3:00AM, or at least 4 AM.

I may not immediately get Mists, but I will sure be stalking the forums, seeing if people who find the time to post are enjoying it.
Some convert to Australian time please (AEST)

:)

Servers will go live at 5pm AEST. Though (at my store at least) you'll be able to pick up the game from 9am (or whenever they open, assuming they aren't doing a midnight release).
Another fail. Seriously 3am. Give us a break at least once.
I'm getting a grimly delicious chuckle from all the East Coast QQ'ing... The vast majority of the media universe does everything on EST and feel the world should revolve around them.

The game will start when it starts... Just consider it an extra three hours to sleep, patch, load, do anything! If you're ready to go with the digital, just go to bed around 10ish and sleep until 30 mins to launch: you'll have an advantage over the West Coast folks by being sharp, caffeinated up, and still going strong hours after the PST folks are falling asleep at their keyboards.

That's my plan anyways...

The tall bamboo quakes
The mist at midnight lifting
Pandaria Ho!

75% of the population of the US lives East of the Mississippi.
9 PM Monday for me, sweeet.

Sorry for all you east coasters needing to be up at 3, but I'm still awake at 9 anyway so I'm totally good :D
i live on east coast and even though it sucks that we have to wait, this just makes it fair for everyone going for server firsts. With out this the if you live on the west coast and play on an east coast server you would be forced to buy the digital copy to be able to play when the east coast servers go up. They are just keeping it fair.
9 PM Monday for me, sweeet.

Sorry for all you east coasters needing to be up at 3, but I'm still awake at 9 anyway so I'm totally good :D

where do you get to play at 9pm? do you live in the pacific ocean?