Mists of Pandaria Launch Times

General Discussion
Post Limit:
Prev 1 3 4 5 17 Next
When can we make monks and pandas? at the launch times? Do we have to relog or will it just show up when i press create character?
Apparently Blizz likes it when everyone on the same server is trying to do the same quest. They should go back to the "when it's midnight in your time zone" thing.

Yeah, yeah, I know, server firsts and all that. Stop rewarding them. The crowding that happens in the first few hours is not fun. It was more manageable in TBC and WotLK because not everyone on the same continent was playing at the same time.

That new tech seems interesting though. It'll be nice to see how that works.
Booo on the midnight PDT. Loved the WotLK expac. Got to play ~12:20am Eastern that night after picking my copy up from GameStop right down the road.
Thank you Blizz for not giving me a reason to stay up past Midnight EST once I get my copy of MoP from GameStop. I shall get to sleep!!!
I knew it would be PDT time but it's still disappointing being unable to experience an expac launch since it's at 4 am in my time zone and i cant stay up that long when there is other things i'll have to do later :(
Question, what about those of us who have 25 completed quests stored to turn in once xp gets turned back on, should I drop one? Will it pop up once my log is free?

Halp?
Question, what about those of us who have 25 completed quests stored to turn in once xp gets turned back on, should I drop one? Will it pop up once my log is free?

Halp?

It would be more worth it to abandon them and just go to Pandaria. XP is better.
For the Australians complaining about the launch time, I see one of you.
This i how I saw it from DIablo, and I live on the East Coast of the US. So I won't be playing until 3AM.

It's still prime time there. Not the wee hours of the morning like I have to play.

Yes you have to wait almost a full day but then you still have half the day to go, you guys have the advantage, over the east coasters because of how late it comes out.

For those who think Europe has to wait until we play. Blizzard won't do that.

12 Central European Summer Time, meaning 6 or 7pm Eastern. September 24th. As usual they get a 8 hour advantage.

Halp?

It would be more worth it to abandon them and just go to Pandaria. XP is better.

Not when they're all in two specific areas where turning them in takes all but 5 minutes and it gives you a huge boost of experience and a leap for realm firsts.
Pacific time makes my watch sad.
09/18/2012 12:26 PMPosted by Jekerdud

No. You get ~1,600,000 exp just for 2 minutes and 30 seconds of travel/turn-in time, the faster you get out of the first zone, the easier/faster it'll be. That's just basing it off of the Wowhead numbers, no idea if Wowhead's numbers are with the guild perk or not. Yes, I timed my "turn-in run" to see if it'd be worth it, and it was 2 minutes and 40 seconds, but I wasted 10 seconds due to a quest guy bugging out.
is there a good reason to launch in pacific time as opposed to eastern for na? 3 am is painful, and if it goes like the diablo3 launch it will be hours before we can play without crashing anyway >_>

also blizz hq is in irvine isnt a good answer. they could turn all na realms on at 12 est and people wouldnt have a fit over it.
09/18/2012 10:29 AMPosted by Zpinal
yup EST gets boned again with the 3AM launch. Thanks for nothing Blues.

I'm from the east coast as well but honestly what would you like to see Blizzard do? They didn't design time zones?
blizz didnt design time zones but they did pick when to launch in NA. launching at 12 est would not be a problem. heck im sure most west coast folks would be super happy they would gain 3 hours of playtime.

With this expansion, we’re using a new bit of tech that will unlock the expansion content, make the intro quest magically pop up in your quest log, and allow you to begin playing the expansion immediately without the need to log out and back in.

What if my quest log is full?
Because, my quest log is going to be full.

If everything goes as planned this will be a smooth transition to the adventures that await you in the new continent.

See you in-game!

My sides are splitting from the laughter.
Why the hell can't the eastcoasters get a 12AM launch time again? Spread the love Blizzard
09/18/2012 12:50 PMPosted by Lidelse
blizz didnt design time zones but they did pick when to launch in NA. launching at 12 est would not be a problem. heck im sure most west coast folks would be super happy they would gain 3 hours of playtime.

If they launched at 12am EST on the 25th then that would mean that the game would launch at 9:00 PST on the 24th. Having separate launch time (and days) based upon where you live seems more clumsy to me than simply launching at 3:00 EST
I am just curious if you are using that same tech to unlock the Monk class and Pandaren race at the same time.
For the Australians complaining about the launch time, I see one of you.

This i how I saw it from DIablo, and I live on the East Coast of the US. So I won't be playing until 3AM.

It's still prime time there. Not the wee hours of the morning like I have to play.

Yes you have to wait almost a full day but then you still have half the day to go, you guys have the advantage, over the east coasters because of how late it comes out.

For those who think Europe has to wait until we play. Blizzard won't do that.

12 Central European Summer Time, meaning 6 or 7pm Eastern. September 24th. As usual they get a 8 hour advantage.

Australians will start playing MOP at exactly the same time as those in NA...it just happens to be 5pm for us.